Public charter
Mesa, AZ

Posted November 19, 2014
I will start by saying we are not LDS, we are non-denominational Christians and are very glad we moved our daughter from the public high school she was in. Yes, this is a right wing school, one reason we like this school. They do put high value in education, another reason. They do have more rules and higher standards, yup another reason. We knew all of this going in and it has been the best decision for our daughter (10th grade). We also have a 6 & 3 yr old and both will attend from 7th -12th. Our only regret is that our 15 yr old did not start here in 7th grade. The staff actually cares about our child and is there as a teacher and protector. Our experience was horrid with public schools, from threats of violence to slander, etc. I now do not worry when the school calls that I am going to hear that my child is at the hospital, police station or worse. Heritage is a small community and we are blessed and thankful to be a part of this community. While our daughter needed time to adjust, going from a free for all environment to an environment that is respectful, honorable, trustworthy & dedicated to excellence takes time. She has adjusted and we all won't have it any other way!!
4 people found this helpful

Heritage Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2014
My husband and I had to pull our kids out of this school after just a couple of months. Be aware that this is indeed a right-wing, L.D.S leaning school and they teach in this direction. If you are L.D.S. then this is probably a good choice for you because they teach directly into your wheelhouse. We are not and our children came home feeling frustrated and left out. I don't know if this teaching is a result of the school or the teachers but there is clearly a religious bend here and open-minded thinking is not an ideal they seem to encourage.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2014
This school is EXCELLENT - great teachers, administration and a incredible education! Keep up the great work.

Posted September 23, 2013
I was hesitant to have my children switch schools, but I am so glad I did. They are in 7th, 8th and 10th grade. My two Jr. High Students absolutely LOVE it. They never had any trouble at the other school, they just were tired of the negative atmosphere and the poor choices that they saw going on around them all day. Although I didn't want to put my kids "in a bubble" one of my son's explained that he didn't want to be in a bubble, he just didn't want to have vulgarity and low standards around him while he was trying to learn. So, I told them we would give Heritage a try. It is wonderful to have them come home so happy and excited to share all about how different it was from their old school. My high school student is having a positive experience as well but does miss some of the freedom's of his old school like cell phones in class, hour long lunch breaks, and long hair. As a parent the lack of those things at Heritage is a plus, not a minus! I was concerned that I would see a drop in my kids grades because they never had a lot of home work at their old schools. They do have more work but I have not heard 1 complaint from them. I am so glad we made the switch.
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 30, 2013
Heritage Academy has been a wonderful experience for our children thus far. My wife and I were recommended Heritage by a family friend because of their excellent standards. Our children both love the experience and we couldn't be more thrilled.

Posted April 01, 2013
This school was recommended to us by our neighbors. Their children have attended and loved it. We decided to send our child there this year and we have seen an increase in our child's productivity and grades. When my husband and I sat our daughter down to discuss how she was liking the school, she couldn't stop talking about how much she enjoyed it and how she felt like she got more one-on-one time with her teacher than at her previous school. We couldn't be happier with our experience!

Posted March 28, 2013
This is the first year of our child attending Heritage and my husband and I have been very pleased with the curriculum and experience our son has received. We will be back.

Posted December 30, 2011
I am a senior at Heritage Academy and absolutly LOVE it!!! You are surrounded by teachers that will work many extra hours just to make sure you understand and the other students give off the spirit of Positive peer-pressure!!!!!!

Posted November 09, 2011
Our family loves the education our daughter is recieving at Heritage. We are not LDS and feel that religion is not really a part of her scholatistic education. Being a religious minority is not an issue in our home. The staff is fabulous, the rules just stringent enough and the activities monitored well by both parents and teachers. I appreciate the stress on education, community and country while letting the kids express themselves occassionally. I higghly recommend this school and encourage non-Heritage parents to visit!

Posted September 17, 2011
As one reviewer pointed out, the majority of the students are LDS. My kids who are not LDS love their school and are not affected by being in the minority. They are very happy and secure in their school. They run a tight ship and it is a great environment.
2 people found this helpful

Heritage Academy
32 S. Center, Mesa, AZ  85210
Last modified Heritage Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top