Mesa, AZ

Hermosa Vista Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2014
This is school goes through teachers fast. The principal is a joke. It's also a very discriminatory school. Look elsewhere if you want a happy child.

Posted June 01, 2014
My daughter is entering the fourth grade and has attended Hermosa Vista Elementary since kindergarten. I cannot say enough good things about this school! The teachers are great and I've always felt they've had my daughter's best interest in mind. The third grade teacher she just finished the year with is the best teacher I've encountered through my own schooling as well as my older son's education. My daughter was actually sad that school was ending this year, and that is unheard of! We are in the process of moving, but I intend to keep her at Hermosa Vista.

Hermosa Vista Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2013
In reading through the reviews below, I see that most of them are out of date. 5 of my older kids went to HV at the same time as these parent review and I agree, it was a great school. I was excited to send our 3 youngest there as well. The first year or two was ok with minimal issues but most of the teachers are sarcastic or hard to connect with as a parent. My daughter just finished the 3rd grade and she had a horrible year. She came home crying almost every day. I am looking for a new school - very disastisfied. I called to speak w/prinicpal several times about teachers dressing like prostitutes and issues w/bullies and clicks but she was patronizing and kind in telling me that she would address the issues and take care of them her way. Which apears to be nothing at all. Most of the teachers there are brand new out of school and several don't have kids of their own - making it hard for them to understand how to communicate w/parents and the students. The older teachers mostly seem to be tired of teaching and pick and choose who to be nice to. Some are still great teachers, but I'm not interested in the crap shoot of getting a good teacher.

Posted February 17, 2013
I currently have 3 children attending this school. I have a daughter in 6th grade, a daughter in 3rd grade and a son in kindergarten. This is a wonderful school! The teachers are great and so is the parental involvement. The front office staff is friendly. The principal is involved in the school and doesn't just lock herself up in the office. Most of the children are well behaved and that has something to say about the parents! The only downside is there are about 25 - 30 kids in each classroom, which I think is too many for one teacher to handle, although the teachers do well considering. We bought our house because it was in the Hermosa Vista boundaries and I am so glad we did!

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted May 27, 2008
My son has gone to this school since kindergarten. He will be entering the 4th grade this year. I do not have any other experience is relationship to what makes a great school, but I can say that this school far exceeds my expectations to date. Parent involvement is absolutely wonderful on both ends, parents want to be involved and HVE definately encourages them to be involved.

Hermosa Vista Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2008

Hermosa Vista Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2007
my daughter went here for 5th and 6th grade coming in from a private school -- she was way ahead then the others in her class and basically waited around for others to catch up -- teach tot he lowest level philosophy and most the kids are LDS which was very difficult with clicks

Posted May 11, 2007
My 3 kids transferred in from a valley charter school. There was a big adjustment at first. Two of my three kids made it fine, but my older son had trouble. I found his teacher was not very supportive or interested in doing much to help him. My kids other teachers were very nice. The office staff are wonderful!

Posted May 01, 2007
My Daughter has been going to Hermosa Vista for 3 years 2 of which we lived out of the area and she got a boundary exception. This is a great school and I drove 33 miles out of my way every day to bring her to this school. I recently bought a home primarily because it is in the Hermosa Vista District.

Hermosa Vista Elementary School
2626 N 24th Street, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Hermosa Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hermosa Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top