Bad
Good

I have 4 children currently attending Highland Arts. We have had nothing but positive experiences in every facet of their education experience there. The teachers are all creative and caring. They reach out to my children in unexpected ways that make not only my kids feel loved and important, but also give me a sense of comfort. When you send your child off to be nurtured and taught by someone other than yourself for a good portion of the day, it is a huge blessing to know that the person they are with loves them enough to really know and understand them. That has been my experience with each and every teacher at Highland Arts. My kids love their teachers, the cafeteria workers, the aides, the office staff, the principal, their ELP teacher, music teacher, orchestra teacher, librarian, PE teacher, and every other adult they come into contact with at school. The school is warm, inviting and safe. We love Highland!

We've had all five of our children attend Highland Arts Elementary School from Kindergarten through sixth grade, which has amounted to a 16-year partnership with our neighborhood school. I've been a regular volunteer there that many years as well. Highland is a great place to learn and make friends. The school does a great job welcoming new students and putting parents to work where they want to serve. Our kids have gotten a fantastic education there and have loved their teachers and friends. I can't say enough good stuff about this school! One thing I've learned as a parent (and as a teacher) is the key ingredient to a child's success in school is involvement and communication with the parents. When parents care about education, generally their children do, too. Anytime a conflict has arisen at Highland, the teachers have been attentive to our concerns/needs. There was only one teacher out of dozens we've worked with who was not like this and she didn't last there long - only 2 years. That was a long time ago, too.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We haven't had much trouble with this in the elementary school grades, but I've witnessed action being taken against bullying, which I support.

Supports LD students: Agree

We've had 3 children involved in the Gifted and Talented program and have been very grateful for that program.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students learn the character pledge and recite it regularly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There are many teaching styles at Highland and that seems to be intentional. Students are usually paired with teachers who teach in the style that suits their learning style best.

Our daughter attended Highland for two years. I give this school, staff and especially the principle an A+!! Our experiences with the school have been nothing but positive. Her teachers are in tune and fair with their students and the staff always treated me with respect and willingness to answer any questions or concern I might have. Keep up the good work.

Wonderful School! I had concerns because we moved and based on our address my daughter would have gone to a school that would not have been a good fit for her. I did my homework researching other schools and Highland Elementary was my first choice mostly based on word of mouth and how many people I had talked to that had nothing but great things to say about this school. I was able to get my daughter enrolled here on a boundary exception. It has been a wonderful experience. The Principal seems very involved, passionate, and helpful. I absolutely love my daughters 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Kight. For the first time ever I signed up to help with the PTO and parents here seem really involved. I was even able to sign my daughter up for Girl Scouts and they meet conveniently after school.

Hello all parents, please read my review about this school and Horrible Principal. My child had been at this school for a year and we liked her teacher,but somehow I heard she bad mouth me and my child. Principal of this school is worse person I ever met !!! At first of all she had been over nice( fake) and after careness,unprofessional,abusive,lying,freaking out person. And most of all she started calling me and threatening! Unbelievable! Principal wasn`t finish with her bad behavior and she wrote her hatefull letter about my child how she looks and me,to my ex-husband who was gladly brought to the court thought to get his sole custody over our child! I was shocked! I didn`t pay attention to all bad reviews about Principal and their teachers,but now I will. Always my child`s class has a substitute teachers and most of them not professional as their stuff of this school.I have a primary custody of my child and live closest one to the school,but they always contact to my ex-husband with anything...Never received from them my child`s card report either. We are never come back to this school again!

SO BAD PRINCIPAL! I will never bring my children to this school again! All my friends and neighbors who ever attended this school want the PRINCIPAL LEAVE or better FIRED HER!

Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.