Mesa, AZ

Posted August 04, 2014
Our daughter attended Highland for two years. I give this school, staff and especially the principle an A+!! Our experiences with the school have been nothing but positive. Her teachers are in tune and fair with their students and the staff always treated me with respect and willingness to answer any questions or concern I might have. Keep up the good work.

Posted August 27, 2013
Wonderful School! I had concerns because we moved and based on our address my daughter would have gone to a school that would not have been a good fit for her. I did my homework researching other schools and Highland Elementary was my first choice mostly based on word of mouth and how many people I had talked to that had nothing but great things to say about this school. I was able to get my daughter enrolled here on a boundary exception. It has been a wonderful experience. The Principal seems very involved, passionate, and helpful. I absolutely love my daughters 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Kight. For the first time ever I signed up to help with the PTO and parents here seem really involved. I was even able to sign my daughter up for Girl Scouts and they meet conveniently after school.

Posted August 03, 2013
Hello all parents, please read my review about this school and Horrible Principal. My child had been at this school for a year and we liked her teacher,but somehow I heard she bad mouth me and my child. Principal of this school is worse person I ever met !!! At first of all she had been over nice( fake) and after careness,unprofessional,abusive,lying,freaking out person. And most of all she started calling me and threatening! Unbelievable! Principal wasn`t finish with her bad behavior and she wrote her hatefull letter about my child how she looks and me,to my ex-husband who was gladly brought to the court thought to get his sole custody over our child! I was shocked! I didn`t pay attention to all bad reviews about Principal and their teachers,but now I will. Always my child`s class has a substitute teachers and most of them not professional as their stuff of this school.I have a primary custody of my child and live closest one to the school,but they always contact to my ex-husband with anything...Never received from them my child`s card report either. We are never come back to this school again!

Posted August 03, 2013
SO BAD PRINCIPAL! I will never bring my children to this school again! All my friends and neighbors who ever attended this school want the PRINCIPAL LEAVE or better FIRED HER!

Posted July 31, 2013
My daughter has been going to Highland for 4years. We have had great, involved, invested teachers (with the exception of one). When my child needed additional help, her trachers were quick to communicate the need and offer school resources. Most recently, with the new school year starting, I have been reaching out to the band tracher and a teacher that tutored my daughter last year. They have been responsive, respectful and involved even though we are not in the school year. When we came to Highland, we transfered from a different school system. As a result, she was not up to speed with other kids. We held her back, even though I was apprehensive. Before the decision was made, her would-be second time around second grade teacher, spoke to me for about 45 minutes, outside of her normal work day, to communicate the pro's and con's of holding my child back. My daughter repeated second grade, loved her teacher, was supported and succesful. Looking forward to continued success at Highland.

Posted May 08, 2013
Completely unsatisfied with the school and it's teaching. My family feels harassed by my son's kindergarten teacher and it has been ongoing through the year. Very conflicting stories from the staff, a lot of gossip and unhelpful people at the front desk. Son's teacher told me to get my son checked for autism (she was very specific, and went as far as to tell me that "he does have it"). I took him to a doctor who said he was fine, that he was developing well for his age and that walking on his toes and playing with things in class can be considered normal despite being small signs of the disability. Teacher told me to get him checked again, I did, same story from a different doctor. So, she took to harping on my mother and brother when she saw them. Music teacher tied my son's shoes in horrible, massive knots that not even he could untie in less than an hour because one of my son's shoes were untied in his class once. Communication with the teachers and staff has been massively lacking. Correspondences with them have been filled with typos, grammar and spelling errors. These people teaching my child? No security measures. My son will be attending a different school next year.

Posted March 10, 2012
Not happy with my son teacher and the principle. They have double standards, like one; dislike one for no reason except personal. Not clean inside and outside is dusty and no shades for kids, plus extremely small parking lot!

Posted July 20, 2010
I went to Highland Elementary from 1992-1999. I know it was a while ago but I feel compelled to say that my time at Highland set me up for the success I'm experiencing now. I just received my degree in education and I have discovered that Highland challenged me in ways that are not typical for elementary schools. My teachers were all excellent. They helped me learn to organize, think critically, and most important, write well. Because there is an emphasis on art, we sang often and were encouraged to write creatively. The ELP program was outstanding. There is a different teacher now but the mesa district in general has a great ELP curriculum. Looking back with my current knowledge about education I am even more impressed than I could have expected with Highland's excellent teachers and programs.

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I am in love with this school! There is a kindergarten teacher named Ms. Dominis and she is amazing. My son started kindergarden and he was behind on all the expectations that they had for him. I am proud to say, with help from this awesome teacher, my son is doing great!!

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This has been a great school for my grand daughter. They teach the arts as well as the basics.

Highland Elementary School
3042 E. Adobe, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top