Mesa, AZ

Ishikawa Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2015
I have two kids going to ishikawa both my my kids had have bad experience with bad teachers in kinder and first grade my son in this past school year 1st grade did not pass do to very poor support from his teacher we tried to set a meeting with the principal because the teacher had been telling us in our conference we had in the beginning of the school year that she felt like our child was going to repeat first grade which is kind of odd to say in the beginning of the school year she also said she felt like we needed to go see a doctor for her son because she felt there was something wrong with his head. My son was depress and did not want to go to school the principle I believe talk to the teacher but never call us back for a meeting the teacher then started changing her attitude towards our son she started stating that he was doing great and was a great child which is fine but we wanted her to start working with us so we can come up with something that would help our child. I believe the teacher is just stressed out and maybe just does not want to teach anymore. My daughter had also told me that she felt like the teacher was kinda bullying our son she attended the class at times as the school switched the students around to different classes and she'd at times end up in the same class with her brother. I know the teachers job is very very hard but I also feel like they get burnt out and might not perform at their best. Some I think just need to retire or quit and let the next person take the job or responsibility. I normally do not rate sites but I do not wish this bad experience to any parent or child I hope this can help.

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is an amazing place for children to learn and grow as individuals. The staff is incredible, the devotion they display is immeasurable. Shelly Heath is the phenomenal principal that leads the staff and children with love, positivity and energy! This is our 3rd year at this school, we do open enrollment & feel so very fortunate to be part of the Ishikawa family!!!!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
I currently have 1 child at Ishikawa school, my son attended this school and is now in High School. I think very highly about this school they have great teachers and wonderful principal that have always attended to my needs and request to help my children. I highly recommend this school the quality of education is outstanding.

Posted January 25, 2013
I have 3 children at Ishikawa and have had only positive to say. My boys had the opportunity to attend outdoor/science camp this year and it was a wonderful experience for them. My daughter thrives with her teacher. I love the use of technology in the classroom. They are learning so much. The staff, teachers, and principal are always helpful and have my child's best interest at heart. I have been a volunteer in the classroom since my boys started and have always felt welcome. The PTO does an excellent job with activities for the children.

Ishikawa Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
My sons teachers did/do not like their job. His teacher this year is very unhappy at the school and I feel like it shows in her classroom. The curriculum is constantly changing with each new piece of expensive and unnecessary equipment they get. For instance the principle has asked that they no longer do worksheets for the purpose of using computerized whiteboards the school purchased. This is a waste of the schools money in my opinion and they could have gotten better books for the classrooms. Instead they put more stress on the teacher to come up with ideas to teach an unestablished curriculum. The homework is a joke! I have to ask my son questions on subjects he should have learned in kindergarden. It takes 2 minutes... maybe. How do I know what he is learning based off of this? They also change how and what they teach based on scores from test that are made mandatory to see if they will pass state test. If the scores are not high enough they have to change what they are teaching regardless if the children are improving or not. The principle is all show for her expensive clients and is trying to maintain face at anyones expense. I will not be sending my kids back.

Posted April 15, 2011
Ishikawa is a wonderful school with supportive parents, dedicated teachers and a great principal. One of the best schools in AZ.

Posted March 31, 2010
I have had 3 of my four children at Ishikawa. this is our 8th year at this school. It has been an awesome experience. All the teachers my kids have had at Ishikawa have been excellent! The teachers do such a great job at meeting each student at his or her needs which I know is difficult because of the varied learning levels. My kids have always felt happy and safe at this school! We love it! in fact, 3 years ago our family moved out of Ishikawa boundries but I continue to drive them the 5 miles everyday so they can stay at such an awesome school! sincerely, mrs. Epstein

Posted March 31, 2010
I currently have a 4th grader there and have had 2 other children who are now in High school and College. I have been VERY satisfied by the quality of education and Teachers that is provided by Ishikawa. This is a family oriented school and the staff are willing to help and listen. Happy kids make Happy parents. N. Johnson

Posted March 30, 2010
I am so glad that we moved to Ishikawa. It is an EXCEPTIONAL school. The teachers are caring, the principal is involved, the parents are resourceful and the community is supportive. My three children have thrived at Ishikawa. I love the use of technology in the classroom preparing the children for the future. I can't say enough good about Ishikawa Elementary.

Posted March 30, 2010
My husband and I moved from Gilbert to Mesa because we wanted our children to have a better education. We have not been disappointed in the quality of education that they have received from Ishikawa. The teachers push my children to excel while giving positive re-enforecment. My daughter is so excited about school that she has asked me to continue her education by enrolling her in a writing class for the summer. My son had the opportunity to attend an outdoor school (camp) as part the 5th grade science experience. It was an awesome learning experience. The PTO does a fantastic job of getting the community involved by planning fun events for the entire family.

Ishikawa Elementary School
2635 N 32nd Street, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Ishikawa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ishikawa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top