Posted August 19, 2013
This school is an amazing place for children to learn and grow as individuals. The staff is incredible, the devotion they display is immeasurable. Shelly Heath is the phenomenal principal that leads the staff and children with love, positivity and energy! This is our 3rd year at this school, we do open enrollment & feel so very fortunate to be part of the Ishikawa family!!!!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
I currently have 1 child at Ishikawa school, my son attended this school and is now in High School. I think very highly about this school they have great teachers and wonderful principal that have always attended to my needs and request to help my children. I highly recommend this school the quality of education is outstanding.

Posted January 25, 2013
I have 3 children at Ishikawa and have had only positive to say. My boys had the opportunity to attend outdoor/science camp this year and it was a wonderful experience for them. My daughter thrives with her teacher. I love the use of technology in the classroom. They are learning so much. The staff, teachers, and principal are always helpful and have my child's best interest at heart. I have been a volunteer in the classroom since my boys started and have always felt welcome. The PTO does an excellent job with activities for the children.

Ishikawa Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
My sons teachers did/do not like their job. His teacher this year is very unhappy at the school and I feel like it shows in her classroom. The curriculum is constantly changing with each new piece of expensive and unnecessary equipment they get. For instance the principle has asked that they no longer do worksheets for the purpose of using computerized whiteboards the school purchased. This is a waste of the schools money in my opinion and they could have gotten better books for the classrooms. Instead they put more stress on the teacher to come up with ideas to teach an unestablished curriculum. The homework is a joke! I have to ask my son questions on subjects he should have learned in kindergarden. It takes 2 minutes... maybe. How do I know what he is learning based off of this? They also change how and what they teach based on scores from test that are made mandatory to see if they will pass state test. If the scores are not high enough they have to change what they are teaching regardless if the children are improving or not. The principle is all show for her expensive clients and is trying to maintain face at anyones expense. I will not be sending my kids back.

Posted April 15, 2011
Ishikawa is a wonderful school with supportive parents, dedicated teachers and a great principal. One of the best schools in AZ.

Posted April 27, 2010

Posted March 31, 2010
I have had 3 of my four children at Ishikawa. this is our 8th year at this school. It has been an awesome experience. All the teachers my kids have had at Ishikawa have been excellent! The teachers do such a great job at meeting each student at his or her needs which I know is difficult because of the varied learning levels. My kids have always felt happy and safe at this school! We love it! in fact, 3 years ago our family moved out of Ishikawa boundries but I continue to drive them the 5 miles everyday so they can stay at such an awesome school! sincerely, mrs. Epstein

Posted March 31, 2010
I currently have a 4th grader there and have had 2 other children who are now in High school and College. I have been VERY satisfied by the quality of education and Teachers that is provided by Ishikawa. This is a family oriented school and the staff are willing to help and listen. Happy kids make Happy parents. N. Johnson

Posted March 30, 2010
I am so glad that we moved to Ishikawa. It is an EXCEPTIONAL school. The teachers are caring, the principal is involved, the parents are resourceful and the community is supportive. My three children have thrived at Ishikawa. I love the use of technology in the classroom preparing the children for the future. I can't say enough good about Ishikawa Elementary.

Posted March 30, 2010
My husband and I moved from Gilbert to Mesa because we wanted our children to have a better education. We have not been disappointed in the quality of education that they have received from Ishikawa. The teachers push my children to excel while giving positive re-enforecment. My daughter is so excited about school that she has asked me to continue her education by enrolling her in a writing class for the summer. My son had the opportunity to attend an outdoor school (camp) as part the 5th grade science experience. It was an awesome learning experience. The PTO does a fantastic job of getting the community involved by planning fun events for the entire family.

Ishikawa Elementary School
2635 N 32nd Street, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Ishikawa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ishikawa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top