Bad
Good

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2016
Its hard to put the hole school in one group. The office staff is great! They are very helpful. The staff gives a warm welcome to all. The Teachers, Some are average and some give there all to the kids they are more then great! This has been my experience with staff and teachers. I will give my experience with Principal Montes at another time.

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2013
My son has a difficult time sitting in class and following rules. His teacher as well as the principal worked together and came up with a behavior plan for him and he is now doing much better in school. Thank you for taking the time and effort to help my son be a better student. He is very excited to attend school and looks forward to getting his name called out over the loud speaker when he is student of the week. Thank you for making my son feel special and important.

Posted December 04, 2009
So happy to hear Jefferson is changing for the better!My Grandson is in 6th gr and is doing well! We took his sister out and sent her to charter school because we did not like the school!Tooooo many rough kids and destructive kids!Some of the teachers are awesome and deserved better than they got at Jefferson! Happy to hear things are so much better!

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted November 24, 2009
best school ever. my parents went there. i went there and my kids attend there!!! Fantastic

Posted August 31, 2009
Jefferson has new leadership and has undergone extensive changes in the last year and a half. Under the direction and expertise of Dr. Timothy Moe (Principal). and leadership and the hard work of a caring, dedicated and professional staff the school has gone from an underperforming status to a status of 'Performing Plus'. This is quite an amazing accomplishment considering this was accomplished in one school year. I am proud and honored to have both of my grand children educated at this uniquely diverse and professional educational community. Sincerely Mr. Logan

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2007
I think this school does the best they can with the resources available. My daughter is in the 2nd grade and she absolutely loves her teachers and all the activities they provide her.

Posted July 19, 2007
My child will be starting 2nd grade in the 07-08 school year. I am tremendously concerned with test scores. AIMS & Terra Nova scores are extremely low in comparison with other schools. More focus needs to be placed in all instructional areas to ensure that students are receiving the highest level of education possible.

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2007
My son is in the 2nd grade and for the past two years, I havn't been impressed with the communication. Anything sent home with my son either needs to be returned the next day, or should have already been returned. Before it even was sent home! Some of the items are even dated a week before. The nurse's office is also not high on my list. When my son was hurt and they called his dad on his cell phone, she choose to 'page this person' rather than leave a message to tell him what the emergency was.

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2006
The disipline is lacking. some teachers don't back up aides on playground. cafeteria way out of control on noise level. principal no back up for employees. foul language from staff used to often (not all staff) front office help is bad in communicating problems to principal. needs stronger dress code for front office, and some teachers. high population of gang activity on campus. foul language from students allowed to much. rules for playground not followed by students, when brought up to principal just over looked. too many fights. used to be a fun place to work. but when you get treated like you are just like some of them there, just for the paycheck, i got slammed because i really did care about the students and a few staff members treated me like a human being. the front office needs traing in public communication skills, and principal more backbone for diciplining.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted December 02, 2005
I think Jefferson is a decent school, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. Some of the teachers are better than others and when I had to switch classrooms mid year the principal was very accomodating. I believe they are on the lower scale for education but I think they care about the kids.

120 S Jefferson, Mesa, AZ  85208
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.