Mesa, AZ

Posted January 31, 2015
I have one child that graduated from Johnson and one child currently attending Johnson. I believe the Johnson staff cares deeply about their students and provides a fantastic well rounded education for all children who attend. There are many after school activities at the school including: tutoring, chess club, Lego club, garden club, choir and Kid's Corner. Johnson has a Montessori program, Prekindergarten program, and several special needs programs that many other schools do no offer. The campus is clean and green. Which also happens to be the motto of the Johnson Garden Club. Imagine that!

Posted December 11, 2009
Excellent positive environment for kids. My kids adjusted very well to school after moving from California, and my older son, who struggled through out the year last year, now is achieving A's and B's and enjoying going to school everyday. My daughter who is in Kindergarden just loves going to school and enjoys learning, and I think it is great that kids love and enjoy learning! Teachers and staffs must be creating wonderful positive environement for kids. :)

Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2008
As a parent I love the montesori portion of Johnson. The class sizes are small and the teachers are great...

Posted June 22, 2008
I think Johnson Elementary is the best school ever! If you go there the staff in the front office are so polite. Your child will make friends like that, everyone is really kind!

Posted March 24, 2008
My children have attended Montessori at Johnson for going on 4 years now. I love the Montessori option in the district and we feel lucky to have a tuition free option. The Montessori does feel a little excluded from the 'traditional' program, however. I wish the new principal would do more to make the Mont kids feel included in the school. There was an incident recently regarding sharing PE equipment that was resolved well but shouldn't have arisen in the first place. Lunch period is too short for the kids to eat, especially if they have to go through lunch line to get their meal (the line is very fast but it shortens the eating time). I also wish the Montessori program would grow and the district would do more to publicize it - very few families outside of Johnson are aware it exists at Johnson and Mendoza campuses.

Johnson Elementary School

Posted March 10, 2008
This school is the best. The leadership Mrs. Yslas possesses is outstanding and the staff really care about the kids. I love this school.

Johnson Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2008
This school is average at best. The front office staff is rude and are not very helpful. I have overheard staff and teachers using unkind tones with students. The feeling you get is they are there because its a job. I dont see very many caring teachers or staff at all. STAFF: if you don't like working with kids ... get another job!

Posted June 21, 2006
Our child attended the Montessori Program at Johnson Elementary; the instructors in the program were great and the whole experience was highly beneficial for all of us - the student, teachers, and parents. I cannot address the 'traditional' program there but the teachers I did meet were all helpful as well

Posted April 28, 2006
I have been extremely pleased with Johnson and the Montessori program it offers. My son loves going to school there and the teachers he has had for the 3 years he's been there are fabulous! He has been on Honor Roll every quarter and has participated with the ELP group and after school sports. He has also participated in both band and orchestra. I feel Johnson is an awesome and enriching learning environment for my child, with top Montessori teachers in the profession. However, she is obviously a great leader and Principal to have such a wonderful learning environment for our students. Thank you Dr. Diaz and Johnson Elementary staff! I would reccomend this school HIGHLY!

Posted February 16, 2006
my daughter has been enrolled in johnsons pre-k program and has had a wonderfull year. Her teacher Mrs. Schaver is excellent and I am impressed at how much she has learned. They are patient and have extra assistance so the kids get plenty of help.

Johnson Elementary School
3807 E Pueblo Ave., Mesa, AZ  85206
Last modified Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top