Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 07, 2016
Thank you to Mrs.Pugmire for all the knowledge she has stowed upon my son by the end of the year he was in third grade sight words and a very strong reader, not bad for a kindergarten teacher!

Posted June 07, 2016
I feel like this is the best school in Mesa. The teachers really do care about your child and their education.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 26, 2016
Mrs Cheryl Goodman is the reason I sent my 4 children to this school. Her demeanor and ability to manage the classroom with such kindness and gentleness speaks volumes. She creates an atmosphere of caring, compassionate & considerate children. I especially love how she celebrates birthdays and how she addresses conflicts in the classroom. She makes every child and every parent feel special and valued. She makes a difference in every student's life. Thank you Mrs Goodman for your commitment to education despite all the changes throughout the years. We appreciate you!

Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2016
My children attend the Montessori program that is in the portables on the Johnson campus. I initially thought that the Montessori program would get to utilize the same music, arts & PE program as the public school but unfortunately that is not true. I am very disappointed in that. However, Principal Steiner has always kept an open door and allowed me to voice my concerns and I believe she has done everything possible to alleviate any concerns I have brought to her. The campus is clean and the collective attitude is positive. I believe it's one of the best public schools in Mesa!

Posted January 31, 2015
I have one child that graduated from Johnson and one child currently attending Johnson. I believe the Johnson staff cares deeply about their students and provides a fantastic well rounded education for all children who attend. There are many after school activities at the school including: tutoring, chess club, Lego club, garden club, choir and Kid's Corner. Johnson has a Montessori program, Prekindergarten program, and several special needs programs that many other schools do no offer. The campus is clean and green. Which also happens to be the motto of the Johnson Garden Club. Imagine that!

Posted December 11, 2009
Excellent positive environment for kids. My kids adjusted very well to school after moving from California, and my older son, who struggled through out the year last year, now is achieving A's and B's and enjoying going to school everyday. My daughter who is in Kindergarden just loves going to school and enjoys learning, and I think it is great that kids love and enjoy learning! Teachers and staffs must be creating wonderful positive environement for kids. :)

Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2008
As a parent I love the montesori portion of Johnson. The class sizes are small and the teachers are great...

Posted June 22, 2008
I think Johnson Elementary is the best school ever! If you go there the staff in the front office are so polite. Your child will make friends like that, everyone is really kind!

Posted March 24, 2008
My children have attended Montessori at Johnson for going on 4 years now. I love the Montessori option in the district and we feel lucky to have a tuition free option. The Montessori does feel a little excluded from the 'traditional' program, however. I wish the new principal would do more to make the Mont kids feel included in the school. There was an incident recently regarding sharing PE equipment that was resolved well but shouldn't have arisen in the first place. Lunch period is too short for the kids to eat, especially if they have to go through lunch line to get their meal (the line is very fast but it shortens the eating time). I also wish the Montessori program would grow and the district would do more to publicize it - very few families outside of Johnson are aware it exists at Johnson and Mendoza campuses.

Posted March 10, 2008
This school is the best. The leadership Mrs. Yslas possesses is outstanding and the staff really care about the kids. I love this school.

3807 E Pueblo Ave., Mesa, AZ  85206
Last modified Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.