Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Main office receptionist who is the first you meet is very cold, comes off judgemental and unfriendly. I have yet to go into the office and feel welcomed. I swear a smile or a hello would be nice! If you think speaking to her on the phone is better...think again. Most of the teachers are very caring , love there job and interact great with the kids. Other teachers you wonder why they choose this profession. They are rude, condescending and sometimes just mean to certain kids. The Principal however seems to be genuine. Interacts great with students who are doing what they should and even those who need more direction. The only bad thing I can think of is that the princple is oblivious to the horrible teachers that are ruining the school for parents and students. The crossing guards they currently have are great! Very friendly and observant of the kids and cars. Bus drivers are awesome with the kids. Some run late but that is to be expected time from time. We are currently looking to get our children into another school as soon as possible. I wish you a better experience if you choose this school.

I feel like this is the best school in Mesa. The teachers really do care about your child and their education.

My children attend the Montessori program that is in the portables on the Johnson campus. I initially thought that the Montessori program would get to utilize the same music, arts & PE program as the public school but unfortunately that is not true. I am very disappointed in that. However, Principal Steiner has always kept an open door and allowed me to voice my concerns and I believe she has done everything possible to alleviate any concerns I have brought to her. The campus is clean and the collective attitude is positive. I believe it's one of the best public schools in Mesa!

I have one child that graduated from Johnson and one child currently attending Johnson. I believe the Johnson staff cares deeply about their students and provides a fantastic well rounded education for all children who attend. There are many after school activities at the school including: tutoring, chess club, Lego club, garden club, choir and Kid's Corner. Johnson has a Montessori program, Prekindergarten program, and several special needs programs that many other schools do no offer. The campus is clean and green. Which also happens to be the motto of the Johnson Garden Club. Imagine that!

Excellent positive environment for kids. My kids adjusted very well to school after moving from California, and my older son, who struggled through out the year last year, now is achieving A's and B's and enjoying going to school everyday. My daughter who is in Kindergarden just loves going to school and enjoys learning, and I think it is great that kids love and enjoy learning! Teachers and staffs must be creating wonderful positive environement for kids. :)

As a parent I love the montesori portion of Johnson. The class sizes are small and the teachers are great...

I think Johnson Elementary is the best school ever! If you go there the staff in the front office are so polite. Your child will make friends like that, everyone is really kind!

My children have attended Montessori at Johnson for going on 4 years now. I love the Montessori option in the district and we feel lucky to have a tuition free option. The Montessori does feel a little excluded from the 'traditional' program, however. I wish the new principal would do more to make the Mont kids feel included in the school. There was an incident recently regarding sharing PE equipment that was resolved well but shouldn't have arisen in the first place. Lunch period is too short for the kids to eat, especially if they have to go through lunch line to get their meal (the line is very fast but it shortens the eating time). I also wish the Montessori program would grow and the district would do more to publicize it - very few families outside of Johnson are aware it exists at Johnson and Mendoza campuses.

This school is the best. The leadership Mrs. Yslas possesses is outstanding and the staff really care about the kids. I love this school.

This school is average at best. The front office staff is rude and are not very helpful. I have overheard staff and teachers using unkind tones with students. The feeling you get is they are there because its a job. I dont see very many caring teachers or staff at all. STAFF: if you don't like working with kids ... get another job!

Last modified Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.