Bad
Good

This school is great i attended this school 2013-2014 there are fights everyday and we mm dont do alot in class and almost every teacher is chill everybody is chiil im talking a bout the students i was a 8 grader i was promoted and all you need to know is dont mess with the wrong people my name is jawaun use my advise

This school is terrible. They use block scheduling, which sets "new" multiple class students up for failure. The school is filled with "bad element" students...illegals, gangster type punks. There are multiple fights every day in this school, and the principal seems to have no control. The teachers are confrontational with the students. STAY AWAY!!

The staff is truly dedicated to doing the best they can for the students.

My son will be in the 8th grade this year (2009-2010) last year we found his teachers to be involued with the students and truly care about their education.

My 7th grader attended the 07-08 school year and had I known about 'blocked' scheduling I would have placed her elsewhere. I feel this scheduling is confusing and my child had 8 classes. That is too many for children of that age. My child struggled through and I had little cooperation from team leader, counselors, and principal. Nothing I requested was done until I hounded each teacher and then did actually get any assistance. After speaking w/ several teachers..they also admitted the blocked scheduling was difficult and one actually mentioned that 'unless a student is extremely organized this is a set up for failure.' In a nut shell..the teachers may be good but administrators at the school are ineffective and by observation, lazy! Parents, please consider the blocked scheduling before enrolling your children at this school!

The instructors have a different way of teaching. They do, hands-on,visual and auditory lessons. block scheduling is an amazing idea, that is implemented at this school. You learn so much more then prior years. The student council is amazing, they have spirit competitions nearly everyday. The security guards are friendly and always on the ball. The attendance staff is bilingual and extremely friendly and beneficial.

This a terrible school.... Lack of education, and teachers with a fake sense of reality. If your child is worth taking out of Kino then do so for their sake!

I love this school but to much safety problems!

I think this school is ausome! I am glad I get to go to this school.but there are a few stories of the teachers there. I'm not happy with the new schedule though.

We are very disappointed in the lack of response or very inappropriate teacher-student interactions that we have experienced with our child from the teachers and staff at Kino. After two years of inappropriate or lack of response to issues, we are removing our child from Kino and enrolling at a charter school. Also, in many instances our child has not been adequately challenged I've been on the PTO years back and the last two years a board member with the Music Arts Booster Group. The lack total of parent envolvement at a school of this size is amazing. Kino has had three pricipal's in three years. I finally think they have one that will make a difference, but it's too late for us. I wish Mr. Flax and the music dept. the best. They certainly have their work cut out for them!

Last modified Kino Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.