Posted September 26, 2013
We moved into this area from another state specifically for this school and have not regretted our decision. It has been amazing watching our children both excel in their learning and love of learning. The teachers and Principal have been incredibly responsive to our concerns and needs. Our transition to this community has been fantastic and we look forward to many great years here!

Las Sendas Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
We are now going into 4th grade with our daughter who has been attending Las Sendas since Kindergarten. I can say that while I still would rate this school as above average within Arizona, it now doesn't have as far to fall in my opinion. The school seems to be in decline. There seems to be a very slow but constant stream of capable teachers exiting Las Sendas. There is still a very comfortable and informal setting there which as a parent, I can certainly appreciate, but it seems that informal is translating more and more to unprofessional these days. I am eager to see the test results for the 2012-2013 school year so that I can determine if we need to change the game plan for our daughter's education. I'm a little disheartened by how this school has deteriorated, but I am optimistic that with the right leadership, there are better days yet to come.

Posted April 22, 2013
I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear my son say he likes school. He is just finishing kindergarten and he can read simple books independently, loves to think up math problems and wants to learn more about the world around him. My son has some minor behavior difficulties. I feel they appropriately deal with the behaviors that are challenging without killing his enthusiasm.

Las Sendas Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2013
I've been at Las Sendas from Kindergarten to sixth grade and I can't really complain. With this school being mostly an outdoor school, it has a welcoming, serene effect. But I believe the teachers and staff could show more consideration to students and parents. I'm not saying that all my teachers were horrible, in fact I loved most. But for example, my current teacher, as well as the three others following her from fifth, fourth, and second grade, seemed not to care about the students at all, had no patience when one made a mistake, and seemed to treat others differently due to their intelligence level. The principle this year though, cares enough to visit students in class, or play the occasional game of soccer with the fourth graders, but the staff overall could show more care to the people in their school. I'd give LS three stars just because of the majority of its staff.

Posted February 15, 2011
Las Sendas Elementary is a fine school with teachers who care and are led by a very involved Principal. Problems are addressed promptly and in a manner that benefits both the student and teacher. Ms. Amy Kramb is a principal that cares deeply for her school and the children that attend. She is supportive of her teaching staff and does not undermine them but at the same time gives the support parents need in dealing with any situation at the school.

Las Sendas Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2010
My daughter went from a straight A student at a top Tempe school to a C/D student at Las Sendas Elementary. We have attempted to work on her academics and have not had a very good response on her teachers part. My daughter is always saying they are doing the same things she learned last year. Her teacher actually said to me that she is not just board because she did so poorly on her exams and that would show how much she really knew. In any situation this is not the response I believe appropriate when I am frustrated and need help bringing my daughters grades up. I have also left emails though the schools website that have not been returned. I am on this site looking for a school that is a better fit for my daughters academic achievement as I have had little help at Las Sendas.

Las Sendas Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2010
Las Sendas Elementary has been a great school. It has a very strong leader in principal Julia Kelly, and while not every parent agrees with her approach or priorities, at the end of the day she demands what she believes is best for her students and her staff. Sadly, she will be retiring at the end of the 2009-2010 school year. There is a well established and excellent staff, PTO, and suzuki music program. I expect that the great foundation laid by Mrs. Kelly and her strong staff will continue to provide an excellent elementary school experience. My kids have been very well prepared academically for junior high... in fact junior high has been less demanding! On the down side, class sizes are high at this NE Mesa school, and while the teachers are top notch and committed to providing excellent teaching regardless, it is a strain on students and staff.

Posted December 06, 2009
Both of my sons have started school at Las Sendas. The oldest will finish his final year in May. We have always taken an active role in supporting the school and have gotten to know teachers and administration. Although some are hard on Mrs. Kelly, the principal, I feel her leadership is the key to the success of the school. After coaching children s sports and volunteering at the school, I have gained a perspective that the parents that do the most complaining are the ones that do the least contributing. Some would rather complain about the pick-up/drop-off waiting time than simply putting their children on the bus for a half mile ride within the neighborhood.

Las Sendas Elementary School 3

Posted November 28, 2009
I feel that Las Sendas is a great school academically, however, the principal, Mrs. Kelly is completely rude, controlling and overbearing. After speaking with many other parents about her mannerisms, we all agree she has lack of respect for parents as well as for students in the school. The school atmosphere is very impersonable and unfriendly- possibly due to the stress from the principal, which is quite unfortunate because the Las Sendas school could be wonderful if she and a few other staff members were not there.

Posted August 12, 2009

Las Sendas Elementary School
3120 N Red Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Las Sendas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Sendas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews.