Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Las Sendas Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted March 27, 2016
The PTO at Las Sendas is great! They plan a ton of great events for the school.

Las Sendas Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2016
Class ratios are high. The principal doesn't seem to have much heart for the kids. Interactions have not been very thoughtful or coming from a place of love. Warned me about my student becoming "that kid" after a small playground incident. Thought that was fairly unprofessional, especially since it was said in front of my student. Front office staff is less than friendly (1 is nice). During the parent night, my kindergartner said "Wow [teacher name] must be super happy. She's never this nice normally. She's always frowning and mad."

Posted March 08, 2016
The fantastic teachers and involved parents make this school outstanding! Suzuki Violin, enrichment programs, intramural sports, technology... it has everything that a top private school offers right in our back yard through Mesa Public Schools.

Posted October 13, 2014
My children look forward to going to school. I get regular communication from their teachers and I feel they care about their students' success.

Posted September 26, 2013
We moved into this area from another state specifically for this school and have not regretted our decision. It has been amazing watching our children both excel in their learning and love of learning. The teachers and Principal have been incredibly responsive to our concerns and needs. Our transition to this community has been fantastic and we look forward to many great years here!

Las Sendas Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2013
I've been at Las Sendas from Kindergarten to sixth grade and I can't really complain. With this school being mostly an outdoor school, it has a welcoming, serene effect. But I believe the teachers and staff could show more consideration to students and parents. I'm not saying that all my teachers were horrible, in fact I loved most. But for example, my current teacher, as well as the three others following her from fifth, fourth, and second grade, seemed not to care about the students at all, had no patience when one made a mistake, and seemed to treat others differently due to their intelligence level. The principle this year though, cares enough to visit students in class, or play the occasional game of soccer with the fourth graders, but the staff overall could show more care to the people in their school. I'd give LS three stars just because of the majority of its staff.

Posted February 15, 2011
Las Sendas Elementary is a fine school with teachers who care and are led by a very involved Principal. Problems are addressed promptly and in a manner that benefits both the student and teacher. Ms. Amy Kramb is a principal that cares deeply for her school and the children that attend. She is supportive of her teaching staff and does not undermine them but at the same time gives the support parents need in dealing with any situation at the school.

Las Sendas Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2010
My daughter went from a straight A student at a top Tempe school to a C/D student at Las Sendas Elementary. We have attempted to work on her academics and have not had a very good response on her teachers part. My daughter is always saying they are doing the same things she learned last year. Her teacher actually said to me that she is not just board because she did so poorly on her exams and that would show how much she really knew. In any situation this is not the response I believe appropriate when I am frustrated and need help bringing my daughters grades up. I have also left emails though the schools website that have not been returned. I am on this site looking for a school that is a better fit for my daughters academic achievement as I have had little help at Las Sendas.

Las Sendas Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2010
Las Sendas Elementary has been a great school. It has a very strong leader in principal Julia Kelly, and while not every parent agrees with her approach or priorities, at the end of the day she demands what she believes is best for her students and her staff. Sadly, she will be retiring at the end of the 2009-2010 school year. There is a well established and excellent staff, PTO, and suzuki music program. I expect that the great foundation laid by Mrs. Kelly and her strong staff will continue to provide an excellent elementary school experience. My kids have been very well prepared academically for junior high... in fact junior high has been less demanding! On the down side, class sizes are high at this NE Mesa school, and while the teachers are top notch and committed to providing excellent teaching regardless, it is a strain on students and staff.

Posted December 06, 2009
Both of my sons have started school at Las Sendas. The oldest will finish his final year in May. We have always taken an active role in supporting the school and have gotten to know teachers and administration. Although some are hard on Mrs. Kelly, the principal, I feel her leadership is the key to the success of the school. After coaching children s sports and volunteering at the school, I have gained a perspective that the parents that do the most complaining are the ones that do the least contributing. Some would rather complain about the pick-up/drop-off waiting time than simply putting their children on the bus for a half mile ride within the neighborhood.

Las Sendas Elementary School
3120 N Red Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Las Sendas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.