Public charter
Mesa, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Destiny Community School has the best students, parents and staff. We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment. We know that it is difficult finding the right school for your child and there are many things that go into your decision. Our educational facility is warm and inviting to all students who wish to attend here. We focus on character education and provide small learning communities for our students. Thank you to all of our supporters you are the ones that make Destiny the best school in Arizona.
March 01, 2011

Hillcrest Academy 1

Posted May 27, 2015
I really wanted Hillcrest to be the place where my kids went to school until they graduated. After sticking it out until April, I unfortunately found the same to be true about the school board that runs the school as another commenter below. One or two in particular. The teachers were awesome, unfortunately, most of them are leaving because of how they were treated. Many are sticking it out, this I know for certain. Next year, most are gone. Two principals, gone also, because they person they reported to knows nothing about education. They were treated like puppets. We moved from CA and were first lied to last fall when told they had charters for HS and grade school. My oldest was displaced twice because of bad management by Hillcrest and again, many lies. Both special ed providers left because of non payment. My child and several others have basically been without services since the beginning of March. No one bothered to even communicate it to us when it happened. Additionally, those great teachers that have been employed, well, several have had paychecks bounce more than once. I quote the principals and other teachers and parents who have left Hillcrest, "It would be best if this place would just shut down." I recommend you try any other school in AZ. The small feel was wonderful, the environment was wonderful, but unfortunately, lots of greed going on beneath the surface of what we all see. They mess with kids lives, make promises they definitely cannot keep and so many people have been hurt this year as a result. Most of them kids.

Posted February 26, 2015
Awesome school! Teachers and Admin are the best! Great community for the students my first grader said that everyone at school is her friend - we love Hillcrest!

Posted February 25, 2015
Great school. The teachers and administration truly care about my child! They learn a lot and have a great time while doing it. It is not a tiny school but close knit enough to where the social interactions and the friendships they create are life changing!

Hillcrest Academy 1

Posted January 11, 2015
The governing "school board" and "board members" are deceptive. They lack integrity, honesty, and accountability. Their priorities do not include the education or welfare of the children. Regardless of the talent and promise of faculty and staff at the school level, the very foundation is unstable, dishonest, and not concerned about what is in the best interest of the children.
8 people found this helpful

Posted September 08, 2014
We transferred our kids to this school last year and I don't regret it at all. The class sizes are small and the teachers and staff are wonderful. I LOVE the tutor care program! It is so nice to pick my kids up and their homework is done! My kids are getting better grades and they're making good friends.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2014
Hillcrest staff and admin are awesome. They are committed to the traditional values and leadership instruction for all of their students - I have been impressed with their curriculum but their friendly faces and cheerful countenances are the most impressive.

Hillcrest Academy 4

Posted February 07, 2014
They have changed their name and the ownership. The class size is very small and they really seem to care about the kids. The curriculum is not advanced but it is above the public school standards. Even though my son could read and add the public school said he was not ready for kindergarten because he couldn't write his full name and didn't know how to sit criss cross (he had never gone to preschool). He was only 1 month shy of the age cut off. Hillcrest took him and worked with him on his fine muscle control. He holds a pencil correctly now and has all of the classroom etiquette he needs to go forward. Not every school has to be an advanced school. Some of these little individual attention charters are good to have in a community. Now that he has caught up in the area he was lacking he can move to a faster pace school but that wouldn't have been possible without the time and patience this school showed him.

Posted May 25, 2011
I love,love,love this school! they do a great job! My son was really having a hard time in school before Destiny.Now he has improved sooooo much.I am 4ever gratefull.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 01, 2011

Posted September 01, 2010
My child has been at this school for three years now, and I can honestly say, the growth in community and leadership has grown. The music teacher is someone who has tremendously improved the music program is full of charisma and is an amazing leader. We're so blessed to be a part of this community . The teachers are helpful and have really stepped up within the last couple of years. Keep up the awesome work!

Hillcrest Academy
3761 S. Power Rd., Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Hillcrest Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top