School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Destiny Community School has the best students, parents and staff. We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment. We know that it is difficult finding the right school for your child and there are many things that go into your decision. Our educational facility is warm and inviting to all students who wish to attend here. We focus on character education and provide small learning communities for our students. Thank you to all of our supporters you are the ones that make Destiny the best school in Arizona.
March 01, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted January 19, 2016
My son did not return to this school because of many reasons. I took a chance on this brand new school and gave them a year to get it together and they failed. I guess the old owner of the school was in charge of the before and after school program and when I call to get tax info for filing they state they do not have that information because they are no longer the owner and they are no longer a company?! They dont have a phone number or anything! My advice to others get the info ASAP before this next "business" is no longer there!

Hillcrest Academy 4

Posted December 03, 2015
Bumps and bruises, but the teachers and admin are doing their best to hold high standards, I am a parent of a first grader and will be returning to school knowing it will continue to improve.

Hillcrest Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 16, 2015
Ms. Shope is a great teacher and my kids loved having her as a teacher!

Posted July 13, 2015
I am so glad that I made the decision to transfer my kids to this school. They are about to start their 3rd year with Hillcrest Academy and they are doing great! I really like the teachers and staff. The classes are small so my kids are getting lots of individualized attention. The bus transportation is free which helps a lot and we've had to pay for bus transportation at other schools. My kids have made some really great friends. The school is still in its early years and has experienced some set backs but I still really believe in this school and their vision. We have had a very positive experience and would definitely recommend Hillcrest to others.

Posted May 27, 2015
I really wanted Hillcrest to be the place where my kids went to school until they graduated. After sticking it out until April, I unfortunately found the same to be true about the school board that runs the school as another commenter below. One or two in particular. The teachers were awesome, unfortunately, most of them are leaving because of how they were treated. Many are sticking it out, this I know for certain. Next year, most are gone. Two principals, gone also, because they person they reported to knows nothing about education. They were treated like puppets. We moved from CA and were first lied to last fall when told they had charters for HS and grade school. My oldest was displaced twice because of bad management by Hillcrest and again, many lies. Both special ed providers left because of non payment. My child and several others have basically been without services since the beginning of March. No one bothered to even communicate it to us when it happened. Additionally, those great teachers that have been employed, well, several have had paychecks bounce more than once. I quote the principals and other teachers and parents who have left Hillcrest, "It would be best if this place would just shut down." I recommend you try any other school in AZ. The small feel was wonderful, the environment was wonderful, but unfortunately, lots of greed going on beneath the surface of what we all see. They mess with kids lives, make promises they definitely cannot keep and so many people have been hurt this year as a result. Most of them kids.

Posted February 26, 2015
Awesome school! Teachers and Admin are the best! Great community for the students my first grader said that everyone at school is her friend - we love Hillcrest!

Posted February 25, 2015
Great school. The teachers and administration truly care about my child! They learn a lot and have a great time while doing it. It is not a tiny school but close knit enough to where the social interactions and the friendships they create are life changing!

Posted January 11, 2015
The governing "school board" and "board members" are deceptive. They lack integrity, honesty, and accountability. Their priorities do not include the education or welfare of the children. Regardless of the talent and promise of faculty and staff at the school level, the very foundation is unstable, dishonest, and not concerned about what is in the best interest of the children.

Posted September 08, 2014
We transferred our kids to this school last year and I don't regret it at all. The class sizes are small and the teachers and staff are wonderful. I LOVE the tutor care program! It is so nice to pick my kids up and their homework is done! My kids are getting better grades and they're making good friends.

Posted April 17, 2014
Hillcrest staff and admin are awesome. They are committed to the traditional values and leadership instruction for all of their students - I have been impressed with their curriculum but their friendly faces and cheerful countenances are the most impressive.

Hillcrest Academy
3761 S. Power Rd., Mesa, AZ  85212
Last modified Hillcrest Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.