Posted June 19, 2013
One should take notice that the 6 1 stars in a row were likely written by the same parent. They were within a 2 day period. Looks fishy to me.

Posted February 27, 2012
This school has character, and history. Our two oldest (8, & 7) attend here. This being there first year, they have no complaints. Besides a rare he-said, she-said thing from the playground, which we can all relate to, it's apart of life and will always be a constant variable in schools. Some are just more overrun than others with bullies, but Madison seems to have their situation under control and handle it very effectively and professionally, in other words, it's not an issue. The teachers are very hands-on and keep in contact w/ the parents. It is also vice versa with our Parental concerns, if any. If you are required to have your children attend here, you should have no worries.

Posted March 23, 2011
My child has had some problems with bullying this year and his teacher has stepped in and taken care of the problem. I think she has been wonderful to keep me updated with the situation. The principal stepped in when needed and has seemed to be helpful as well. The only complaint that I have is the size of my child's class of 32. The teacher seems to stay on top of things but I feel that is too large. Of course this is not necessarily the schools fault but the states.

Posted January 22, 2011
This school has teachers that care. They spend countless hours working to meet the needs of every child. I have been very appreciative of all the teachers who have worked with my (not perfect, hard to handle at times) son. My experience has been nothing but a positive one at this school.

Posted August 05, 2010
I am so suprised by these negative comments. My third child is starting school here this year and I'm so looking forward to it. The teachers are wonderful!! The principal is tough but you can see she cares deeply. To those who say they have had problems, I wonder if you spend much time at the school and would recommend volunteering to see for yourself.

Posted June 10, 2010
I love this school. The teachers are dedicated to their students and go the extra mile every day. I admire the leadership of Madison because this is a school that looks for creative ways to make a difference. I have always found the principal to be easy to approach. She knows the kids and cares about them as individuals. I know there are 3 people who are looking to hurt this school for very personal reasons, and I suspect they are among the recent reviews here. If is unfortunate that they would hurt a whole school to serve their own agenda. My advice is to visit the school and see for yourself!

Posted May 28, 2010
While Madison does have quality teachers, our dealings with the principal has left us with a negative feeling in regards to her leadership abilities. I believe she is interested in climbing the corporate ladder in the district than focusing on our school and the needs and safety of our children. But don't bring this up to her! You then have the opportunity of seeing a new side of her!

Posted May 28, 2010
Beware of Madison! Behavior and discipline seem to be a constant problem on campus. The student to teacher ratio is high. Although we HAVE encountered some amazing teachers. I used to be a huge supporter of the Principal! And do not feel I can support her actions anymore. The Principal never returns call or E-mails to the parents. Assualts and bullying seem to be the lesson of the year. And the RN on staff looses important Dr's orders. My children will not be returning next year. As they deserve more! Beware of the "good" reviews!

Posted May 26, 2010
Unless some changes are made, please beware of this school. As a supporter of this school for several years it is very sad to see things going downhill because of the decisions made by the Principal. There is no true discipline to the kids who are repeat offenders of some serious harm done to other children. Issues are not reported with accuracy or even reported at all. The victims are left feeling like it is their fault and the Parents are patronized by the Principal. If your child has any sort of serious medical conditions I would not entrust your child to the current head nurse on staff. Certain incidents were not reported and medical notes from physicians for how to treat the child lost. The only thing that this school has going for it is some amazing teachers. Overall I would not recommend this school.

Posted May 26, 2010
So here's my take on this school...this is my school that I went to and now my children. Well now I have decided to pull my children from Madison and taking them to another school for the next. There have been way too many situations that disturb me to no end. Beyond the problems that I have heard from friends that they have I have my own reasons for leaving. Most of which involve one of my children getting in trouble and suspended for 3 days for saying some words that shouldn't have been said. I know my child isn't the most well behaved child and has some of his own issues but the school has done nothing to help. There was even talk of counseling that I had to sign off on to allow and well nothing came of that. The principal and staff have become a big disappointment!

Madison Elementary School
849 S Sunnyvale, Mesa, AZ  85206
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top