Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted December 07, 2015
I'm very disappointed in this school, I chose to send my children here because it was conveniently located near my house. There are very good teachers at this school but the principle is very absent from her job leaving most of the teachers with no support, there are no consequences for behavioral problems and most kids don't even know who she is, you rarely see her interact with them or even out on campus checking on things. The specials (Music and PE) are a complete joke. Music is not fun and kids don't learn much. Patting to the beat on your lap. Big deal. PE isn't any better and it's more like a drill instructor teaching then anything. Hands on your knees look straight ahead! Don't follow your friends, quiet! Don't dare look away you will find yourself sitting in a time out for the rest of class. Morning/lunch recess is a nightmare kids just going crazy pulling jump ropes down slides, students throwing sand at other students, bullying and other problems. The list goes on. Again it all comes back to having an absent principle. We have seen lots of people leave the last two years and now we will be leaving as well. It's very sad I hope that eventually for the teachers sake they will get a principle in there that does the job!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
This school allowed 5-6 year olds to bully one another and wrote it off as "boys".

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
Our 6 year old was bullied and it was not addressed. When he was in trouble at school, he often did not understand why. A school cannot develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students if they feel like they are not treated with fairness and integrity. The staff needed to do a better job speaking to him and with him so that he could understand the situations he was in. Whether or not he was, he often felt that he had been treated unjustly.

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2015
Our son began kindergarten at Madison last year (2014-2015). He attended the first semester. I'm writing this review because he still references when he was a bad kid at his old school. I hate that this is now part of his identity. I did not know that he and his friends were playing a game every recess where they kicked and hurt one another until a serious incident happened right before Thanksgiving break. The principal never called me. After break, she gave my kindergartner detention and never called me. He felt like he was being punished for being bullied and I had to explain to him why he received the detention with his friends. I also had to be the one that told him that it is NEVER okay to have what happened to him occur. His music teacher sometimes told him not to act like a baby in his front of his class (of kindergartners). Overall, I feel like Madison wanted to deal with perfectly behaved children and didn't know what to do with anyone else. The school counselor told me she was learning that boys were different from girls. The redeeming factor was our son's kindergarten teacher. She was great and he really cared for her. As far as other staff members, it seemed to be a never-ending message of "you're a bad kid". We transferred him to a charter school and have had no issues. He sometimes mentions that he's a good kid now when he used to be a bad kid. We talk about it and I'm hoping it will subside over time.

Posted May 14, 2015
I am very satisfied with this school. Teachers are very focused in kids success in all areas and extra interests of the children. The student to teacher ratio is very good to excellent so the kids get more interaction with the quality of time with the school staff. There are lots of programs in this school and they have a big great fenced outdoor area for lots of outside activities for the kids in the school. Security and safety in the school and the neighborhood is better than most in East Mesa, AZ 85206-2900 zip code. Also, a must notable plus is that the School is very Close to the freeway for getting to work after dropping the kids off or letting them walk to and from school has to be mentioned as it is very close to the US 60 Freeway. The location is great safe area in and around the school and the neighborhood . Kids walking to and from school do not have to worry as much as other school locations as there are lots of kids walking and the parents and neighborhood seems to be very old school friendly and everyone looks out for each other and their children around this nice area people see to be out and about in the Parks, walking around, jogging, biking.

Posted June 19, 2013
One should take notice that the 6 1 stars in a row were likely written by the same parent. They were within a 2 day period. Looks fishy to me.

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2012
This school has character, and history. Our two oldest (8, & 7) attend here. This being there first year, they have no complaints. Besides a rare he-said, she-said thing from the playground, which we can all relate to, it's apart of life and will always be a constant variable in schools. Some are just more overrun than others with bullies, but Madison seems to have their situation under control and handle it very effectively and professionally, in other words, it's not an issue. The teachers are very hands-on and keep in contact w/ the parents. It is also vice versa with our Parental concerns, if any. If you are required to have your children attend here, you should have no worries.

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2011
My child has had some problems with bullying this year and his teacher has stepped in and taken care of the problem. I think she has been wonderful to keep me updated with the situation. The principal stepped in when needed and has seemed to be helpful as well. The only complaint that I have is the size of my child's class of 32. The teacher seems to stay on top of things but I feel that is too large. Of course this is not necessarily the schools fault but the states.

Posted January 22, 2011
This school has teachers that care. They spend countless hours working to meet the needs of every child. I have been very appreciative of all the teachers who have worked with my (not perfect, hard to handle at times) son. My experience has been nothing but a positive one at this school.

Posted August 05, 2010
I am so suprised by these negative comments. My third child is starting school here this year and I'm so looking forward to it. The teachers are wonderful!! The principal is tough but you can see she cares deeply. To those who say they have had problems, I wonder if you spend much time at the school and would recommend volunteering to see for yourself.

849 S Sunnyvale, Mesa, AZ  85206
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top