Bad
Good

Wilson provides a quality education with a staff of caring and hard working professionals. Expectations are high, and my two children get to experience growth on a daily basis. The teachers are always striving for better results and work hard for their students. I also appreciate the diversity of students and how open and inviting everyone is.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principal really knows what is going on and addresses things quickly. There are high expectations for everyone and they give positive referrals.

Wilson is fantastic! Mrs. Heath is phenomenal! She is fantastic with the kids, awesome with parents, supportive of the teachers, and very sincere. The teachers are dedicated, kind, and KNOW their students. The kids know that they are loved and cared for by their teachers. It is clear that learning is the top priority. My son loves school.

My son started school this year and has the most amazing teacher in the World! She really cares about her students and pushes them to succeed. By the end of the FIRST quarter, my son was already reading easy-reading books cover to cover. He absolutely loves going to school each morning and I love the structure that Wilson provides. They don't beat around the bush when it comes to following the rules and I appreciate it. If my kid is disrupting the class by talking, I want him to know that behavior is not okay. Looking at the other reviews, I haven't really had any interaction with the Pricinpal, but I feel like the teachers are what hold the school together....not the Principal.

I overall liked this school but when Mr. Hancock came things went very differently, not in a good way. Some of the teachers were really nice, others were innapropriate and I'm glad they got rid of the teacher that was.

I had loved going to Wilson Elementary. I had went there for 1st grade to 6th grade. I had all of the good teachers. I loved everyone there so much! I was so sad to leave on my last day of school there. I loved it there & i wish i could go back to being in elementary again. All the teachers, staff, & students there were amazing and i miss being there. I loved Mr.Nesbitt. I can not believe that he left. I was so sad. He was probably the best principal i have ever had. I was so upset when we got our new principal. Literally, no one there likes him. Everyone dislikes him. I wish Nesbitt could go back. Since Hancock came, a lot of teachers are leaving and retiring. All of the 6th grade teachers left, Blackwell, Jones, and a few others i didn't know that well. But overall, i really loved wilson and I recommend this school to everyone out there!

I must clarify my low rating. We have had 2 kids in this school and have had amazing teachers. HOWEVER, the principal Josh Hancock is terrible. No people skills at all. Does not advocate for parents or kids and is only concerned about his reputation. There has been a mass exodus of teachers ever since he has taken over. John Nesbit was 1000% better and I wish we could go back to the good old days.

The principal is not very friendly (Hancock). I have two kids going there and they don't expect very much out of the 5th graders, the schools in Maricopa were much better. The kindergarten (bodrero) is not ASD friendly, my son is not doing well at all there. There should be a school in the Mesa area for special needs.

Our two older children attended from the time the school opened and both had great experiences here. We've worked with so many wonderful teahers over the years. We moved to the Houston Texas area a few years ago for work, but moved beck BECAUSE we wanted our youngest to start Kindergarten at Wilson. Now he is in 1st Grade and has Mrs. Cannon, what a treasure, and loves school. If moving back specifically for THIS school doesn't say a lot about it, what does?

Since the New principal, a lot of rules have changed. My child wasn't excited about goingto school anymore. They are not allowed to run on the playgound, and most days they would have five minutes to eat lunch. She didn't get to finish her food. The kids had assigned seating at lunch so they didn't sit next to friends and talk. They got yelled at for talking constantly. Very rude lunch staff. We switched schools.

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.