Bad
Good

Posted December 20, 2012
My son started school this year and has the most amazing teacher in the World! She really cares about her students and pushes them to succeed. By the end of the FIRST quarter, my son was already reading easy-reading books cover to cover. He absolutely loves going to school each morning and I love the structure that Wilson provides. They don't beat around the bush when it comes to following the rules and I appreciate it. If my kid is disrupting the class by talking, I want him to know that behavior is not okay. Looking at the other reviews, I haven't really had any interaction with the Pricinpal, but I feel like the teachers are what hold the school together....not the Principal.

Wilson Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2012
I overall liked this school but when Mr. Hancock came things went very differently, not in a good way. Some of the teachers were really nice, others were innapropriate and I'm glad they got rid of the teacher that was.

Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2012
I had loved going to Wilson Elementary. I had went there for 1st grade to 6th grade. I had all of the good teachers. I loved everyone there so much! I was so sad to leave on my last day of school there. I loved it there & i wish i could go back to being in elementary again. All the teachers, staff, & students there were amazing and i miss being there. I loved Mr.Nesbitt. I can not believe that he left. I was so sad. He was probably the best principal i have ever had. I was so upset when we got our new principal. Literally, no one there likes him. Everyone dislikes him. I wish Nesbitt could go back. Since Hancock came, a lot of teachers are leaving and retiring. All of the 6th grade teachers left, Blackwell, Jones, and a few others i didn't know that well. But overall, i really loved wilson and I recommend this school to everyone out there!

Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2012
I must clarify my low rating. We have had 2 kids in this school and have had amazing teachers. HOWEVER, the principal Josh Hancock is terrible. No people skills at all. Does not advocate for parents or kids and is only concerned about his reputation. There has been a mass exodus of teachers ever since he has taken over. John Nesbit was 1000% better and I wish we could go back to the good old days.

Wilson Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2012
The principal is not very friendly (Hancock). I have two kids going there and they don't expect very much out of the 5th graders, the schools in Maricopa were much better. The kindergarten (bodrero) is not ASD friendly, my son is not doing well at all there. There should be a school in the Mesa area for special needs.

Posted January 30, 2012
Our two older children attended from the time the school opened and both had great experiences here. We've worked with so many wonderful teahers over the years. We moved to the Houston Texas area a few years ago for work, but moved beck BECAUSE we wanted our youngest to start Kindergarten at Wilson. Now he is in 1st Grade and has Mrs. Cannon, what a treasure, and loves school. If moving back specifically for THIS school doesn't say a lot about it, what does?

Wilson Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2011
Since the New principal, a lot of rules have changed. My child wasn't excited about goingto school anymore. They are not allowed to run on the playgound, and most days they would have five minutes to eat lunch. She didn't get to finish her food. The kids had assigned seating at lunch so they didn't sit next to friends and talk. They got yelled at for talking constantly. Very rude lunch staff. We switched schools.

Posted February 24, 2011
My daughter has gone to Wilson Elementary for 6 years. This year she will be graduating Wilson. I have always loved this school! So does my daughter. She and I love all the staff members, teachers, and the curriculum. I actually use to teach there in 2007-2008 year there for the special ed kids. I love it there at wilson and so does my daughter. I am really impressed with the teachers there. They love and care for each and every one of the kids. I would highly recommend Wilson to any parents and or legal guardians of your kids to go to Wilson Elementary.

Posted November 29, 2010
My daughter was only in this school for approximately 3 months and what a difference it made. We both loved this school, the principal, the staff, the other students very much. We moved and had to send her to her local school but if I could, i would have left her in this school. They really try hard, you know what;s going on every step of the way, and they instill self-confidence in the children as well as ownership of all responsibilities when it comes to homework and classwork. We will miss this school.

Posted March 23, 2010
This is such a great school. The principal, teachers and staff are great. It is like a family and parent involvement is great. I would highly recommend this school! :)

Wilson Elementary School
5619 East Glade Ave, Mesa, AZ  85206
Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top