Posted August 16, 2013
I love mendoza this is my child 2nd year there. She says yes there is a little of bully's most are in her grade and up. But mendoza is a great school she loves it. They always have somthing going on at school they have festivals if your child wants to do orchestra or band mendoza is a great school...

Mendoza Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2012
My child has gone to Mendoza for 2 years now and we are taking switching him out for the next school year. Overall, Mendoza is just an average school. However, their bully problem has gotten completely out of hand. My child has been disciplined on several occasions for sticking up for himself while the bully, who started the issues, gets no punishment at all. The homework is completely pointless an non-challenging. So pointless, the teachers dont even review it. They just have the students bring in signed sheets from the parents, saying the homework was done. My phone calls to the teacher this year, are rarely returned and my requests for some kind of assistance with my child being bullied have been completely ignored by Dr Ashton and the teachers. Hopefully, as Dr Ashton continues to grow as a principal he gets a better handle on this stuff.

Mendoza Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2011
I am SO happy to have my child out of Mendoza. There has been a mass exodus from the school. It has changed from a decent school to one of bullies, incompetent teachers and a rude principal who is anything but a "pal." The only people thrilled with Mendoza are those who don't live in the neighborhood. There is a large number of Apache Junction kids there now. Many of the those kids bring their prejudices and hardened attitudes to the school. The new principal is so busy trying to stamp out any recognition of what the school used to be, he couldn't be bothered administrating properly. We are RELIEVED to be gone from there. Over the past month, we've run into two other families that left Mendoza AFTER the 2011 school year began. Both families had the same complaint--bullying and no repercussions from admin. Mendoza's test scores have fallen and I believe it has to do with the kids who's parents view school as a daycare. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Mendoza USED to be a great school. It's just not anymore. Don't enroll your kids there unless you need a babysitter and you don't care about education.

Posted September 25, 2011
I believe this to a great school for my First Grader. The teacher and faculty take her needs to heart and are working with her skill level and enhancing her daily work with additional challenging work. I would like to see more involvement in the Arizona Ready program for AIMS testing. I will be discussing this with her teacher at her upcoming parent teacher conference. I wish I could be more involved her activities.

Posted May 06, 2011
From the first day I set foot on this campus, I knew this place was my new home as an educator. Was it the fact that both the students and staff seemed so happy and engaged in what they were doing inside and outside the classrooms? Was it the fact that on my way to the teacher work room I passed by tortoises, rabbits, birds, and a fish pond? Or is it the fact that my fellow teachers, the principal, and the rest of the staff seem to all work together as one solid cohesive unit to help our students grow mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally? Who knows? All I know is that I am so very proud to be a teacher here at Mendoza!

Posted May 01, 2011
Mendoza is a wonderful school, the new principal Dr. Ashton is an amazing person, They are some great teachers at mendoza, and some not so great, but Dr Asthon is making sure that every teacher is giving 100 percent. I do understand the importance of a great teacher, but this is a two way street, we, as parents, need to give 100 percent for our child to be succesful too, otherwise, it will not work. Parent involvement guarantees child success. Thanks Dr. Ashton for all the new improvements and for keeping our children safe.

Mendoza Elementary School 4

Posted March 08, 2011
My oldest child has been in 9 different schools in many states. My two younger children have been in a couple of different ones. There are good and bad teachers in all schools. The thing that makes the difference is the Principal and his staff. The principal of Mendoza although new really had a read on what is important for a school no matter where it is located. He was reasonable and listened to my concerns and addressed each one. Another thing that is good about this school is that it is enclosed. I could not believe how open exposed and unsafe the schools were here in Arizona. Anyone has access to any part of the school. Although we can't live our lives afraid of what may happen we certainly shouldn't live our lives in ignorance of the changed climate that we live in. Thank you for caring for the safety of our children.

Mendoza Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2010
This school has been one of the worst experiences for my children. Both of my sons that have gone through Mendoza have been very intelligent and bright, always brining home good grades. But, it seems that when there is always a problem with the kids in the class, no deals with them. My children hate Mendoza. They have been bullied and no one does anything about it! If anything, Mendoza should be shut down!! And the teachers dont even teach the kids right! The grades brought home by students are only Ds and Fs!!! My children are very blessed for being able to figure the work out on their own, for if they couldnt they would be failing like the rest!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!

Mendoza Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Mendoza has excpetional teachers that go the extra mile for EVERY student.

Mendoza Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2010
Our time at Mendoza is now done, and I am sad to say that we are, for the most part, glad. There is a great deal of inconsistency from classroom to classroom within a grade level. Our experience with the teachers has been so varied as well. We have had a great teacher and we have had the worst experience, so it is hard to know what you can count on at Mendoza. With new leadership in sight, maybe the school will get a stronger sense of direction.

Mendoza Elementary School
5831 East McLellan Road, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified Mendoza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mendoza Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top