Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

My son's counselor recommended this program. I exercised due diligence by reviewing the ratings on this greatschools website. I am sooooo glad I chose to enroll my son in mdlp in spite of a few negative posts here. My son's experience was fantastic. He did have to work hard but he felt that he earned his grade. The teacher was supportive and gently pushed my son to excel beyond any minimum expectation. Online programs seem to be associated with easy school credits with minimal effort. Perhaps some of the posters here were looking for that. I recall one parent poster complaining that his/her child was busted for "accidental" cheating. That meant to me that this school takes academic integrity seriously, and it was actually one of the reasons I was comfortable enrolling my son. I care too much about my son's academic future and his personal work ethic to permit an easy option.

My child was able to complete high school at 16, receive scholarships to college and finish a bachelor's degree by age 20 partly because of this program.

The errors in the Chemistry course are too many and many lessons had a weak explanation. you are expected to figure out some of the concepts on your own (which doesn't make sense since you are in the class to learn them). Some of the video lessons directly contradict the written lesson. It was beyond frustrating. I had to hire a tutor to teach the concepts so I could pass the class. The teacher feedback was weak at best. When I asked for an explanation, she was not able to give a precise answer. It was almost like she was an administrator for the class not a chemistry teacher. An excellent grade is attainable but plan to figure out the lessons on your own. We had the advantage of having a chemistry book at home and a chemistry tutor to learn the concepts. Without that it would have been a disaster.

Used the class to help free up time for my student to take another class at school and because the teacher who taught this class at the school I did not like having had her for a previous child. My child had a very negative experience. Was accused of academic misconduct and cheating.The first time it was looked into and it was proven that it was a computer glitch, it was fixed but no apology was given to my student even after receiving a very detailed email about the consequences of academic misconduct and being labeled a cheater. They give a mark of C for copy plagiarized and an F if pages were left up accidentally. And that is fine because you were told to make sure they are all closed, so you do deserve that. But to label all kids as cheaters not good for students well-being because sometimes and I would assume a lot of times that is the problem, the pages are accidentally left up and not used For cheating. There needs to be a better way to label that. My child from that point was disheartened by the online class because she felt she was labeled a cheater even though it was proven that she wasn't. But again no apology nothing they just said it was a computer glitch. She will never she told me use the online classes again because of how the made her feel. she has always been an A-B student, is a member of the National Honor Society, and holds several positions of honor at her school, takes honors and advanced classes, she has absolutely no reason to cheat, but because of an innocent accident she made, that's how they labeled her. It was a demeaning and insulting horrible experience for her.

I dual-enrolled at MDLP and my high school during my junior year. I took two classes online both semesters, and never received any problems. My senior year, I only had four credits left to be able to graduate, so I decided to switch completely to MDLP- this was a terrible mistake. To sum up my experience, it was horrible. I felt like the teachers were incredibly disrespectful to me and honestly didn't care about my progress or my education. They didn't help with instruction and other than reporting my scores on assignments to me, never communicated with me. After I finished the four initial courses that I took in the fall of 2014, I thought I was done- at least that's what they told me when I started them. The day after I took all of my exams, the registrar at MDLP called and told me that I still had another credit before I could graduate, something that I wish they would have told me the first semester. I took a sociology course, which was even worse than my past experiences. The teacher constantly accused me of cheating and I felt very disrespected. Overall, MDLP was a terrible experience. If you're thinking of transferring full-time... don't.

Online schooling can be a very useful tool for students with difficult schedules like myself, but this school does a miserable job at it. Speaking from my experience, the instruction is just a massive block of text with the more-than-occasional typo. Graphics are very poorly utilized, and the teacher did not seem to know much about anything he was doing. There were careless errors all throughout the material, and the only interaction with the teacher is the occasional one sentence message in the mailbox. The communication is with the administration is awful. They can simply just ignore a phone call and never return it. If you're considering online school, I'd suggest finding a better one.

They have a TERRIBLE 'support' team that does everything to put a student down. They have a HUGE communication issue and do NOT help the students get to where they need to be! The staff are extremely rude and disrespectful and are of no help what-so-ever. I know several seniors not graduating because their class 'disappeared' and MDLP has no record of the student ever being enrolled in a class that they started 2 times! NEVER USE MDLP!

This school is the worst school!!! DO NOT SIGN YOUR CHILD UP, TRUST ME BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!!

I am currently a student in the MDLP program. (for the past year and a half.) I was told that I could dual-enroll, or go to a public school and MDLP at the same time. This was a complete lie. It even says you can on their website. This was frustrating after missing 8 whole credits. If you have a busy life, need special one-on-one help with a teacher for understanding, or you need the extra push to get your work done, this is definatley not the school for you. I asked my math teacher for help once and they sent me to a list of websites, none of which even slightly helped me understand. Or when I need to take a final, and it has to conform to the proctors schedule, which is extremely difficult for me. The only positive thing I can say about this school is that I can hold a full-time job and school at the same time. And goof off when I don't feel like doing school (and lets be honest, not many people want to), fall behind with no obvious repurcussions until I lose a whole school year and can't do anything about it. (Which is where the earlier-mentioned Dual Enrollement failure really upset me.) And now I will be going back to public school a grade behind what I should be.

Worst decision ever! After finding out that the local charter school my son had been attending was unaccredited, we decided to pull him out and enroll him in Buena High School through MDLP. Worst decision ever! The entire program is riddled with glitches!! We had SEVERAL problems with the history program. Upon calling MDLP and Buena High School we were provided with the candid response of "Well that's policy." No support was offered or given for the student. All support is aligned with the program. Out of the 4 classes my son is taking we have had 'technical' issues with 3! History is the worst followed by Biology. Although we have encountered several glitches with the Biology program the teacher is willing to at least work with you. He is very responsive to calls. The History department is another story. I will be removing my son at the end of this semester. This program does not have the child's best interest at heart, all they want is money from the state.

Last modified Mesa Distance Learning Program is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.