Posted September 25, 2014
Online schooling can be a very useful tool for students with difficult schedules like myself, but this school does a miserable job at it. Speaking from my experience, the instruction is just a massive block of text with the more-than-occasional typo. Graphics are very poorly utilized, and the teacher did not seem to know much about anything he was doing. There were careless errors all throughout the material, and the only interaction with the teacher is the occasional one sentence message in the mailbox. The communication is with the administration is awful. They can simply just ignore a phone call and never return it. If you're considering online school, I'd suggest finding a better one.

Posted May 05, 2014
They have a TERRIBLE 'support' team that does everything to put a student down. They have a HUGE communication issue and do NOT help the students get to where they need to be! The staff are extremely rude and disrespectful and are of no help what-so-ever. I know several seniors not graduating because their class 'disappeared' and MDLP has no record of the student ever being enrolled in a class that they started 2 times! NEVER USE MDLP!

Posted May 02, 2013
This school is the worst school!!! DO NOT SIGN YOUR CHILD UP, TRUST ME BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!!

Posted April 22, 2013
I am currently a student in the MDLP program. (for the past year and a half.) I was told that I could dual-enroll, or go to a public school and MDLP at the same time. This was a complete lie. It even says you can on their website. This was frustrating after missing 8 whole credits. If you have a busy life, need special one-on-one help with a teacher for understanding, or you need the extra push to get your work done, this is definatley not the school for you. I asked my math teacher for help once and they sent me to a list of websites, none of which even slightly helped me understand. Or when I need to take a final, and it has to conform to the proctors schedule, which is extremely difficult for me. The only positive thing I can say about this school is that I can hold a full-time job and school at the same time. And goof off when I don't feel like doing school (and lets be honest, not many people want to), fall behind with no obvious repurcussions until I lose a whole school year and can't do anything about it. (Which is where the earlier-mentioned Dual Enrollement failure really upset me.) And now I will be going back to public school a grade behind what I should be.

Posted December 07, 2012
Worst decision ever! After finding out that the local charter school my son had been attending was unaccredited, we decided to pull him out and enroll him in Buena High School through MDLP. Worst decision ever! The entire program is riddled with glitches!! We had SEVERAL problems with the history program. Upon calling MDLP and Buena High School we were provided with the candid response of "Well that's policy." No support was offered or given for the student. All support is aligned with the program. Out of the 4 classes my son is taking we have had 'technical' issues with 3! History is the worst followed by Biology. Although we have encountered several glitches with the Biology program the teacher is willing to at least work with you. He is very responsive to calls. The History department is another story. I will be removing my son at the end of this semester. This program does not have the child's best interest at heart, all they want is money from the state.

Posted August 14, 2012
i am currently a student with MDLP (though not for much longer) After being signed up and already enrolled in classes, i was told that they did not accept credits from previous online schools [being an online school themselves i find this to be ridiculous] & was told that i would have to make up every credit starting at 9th grade. [I am a 12th grade student] this school was/is a waste of my time. if you were a previous onlie school student and transferring or thinking of transferring to MDLP DONT DO IT. The program is good, yes, but only if you have credits that can be transferred from a public school.

Mesa Distance Learning Program 5

Posted June 14, 2011
The Mesa Distance Learning Program has clearly established itself as an effective and emerging leader in statewide demand for online education. Its faculty is held to high standards: highly qualified in each content area, tracking system to assure prompt responses to students questions, provide feedback on assignments, and a requirement to score a minimum of 60% on a proctored final exam for course credit. The director and content specialists are alert to changing trends in quality, online education.

Mesa Distance Learning Program 5

Posted November 18, 2010
Mesa distance Learning is a great educational opportunity. The class selection is appropriate and contains classes interesting to the teen student. Overall the content is challenging and yet affords success. The teachers encourage the students, give feedback and answer questions in a clear, instructive manner. Thank you for maintaining a program that allows students options, is innovative, up-to-date and offers a good education.

Posted August 01, 2009
My son is in MDLP. This type of education for young developing students should not be allowed. Think about it. Learning to communicate and how to develop teamwork are the most important assets a child takes with him/her into college. At MDLP this is non-existent. This school is ok for a child that is unable to otherwise attend classes. It is unacceptable for all other students. Learn to communicate! Learn teamwork! Learn to make friends and get along with other students in a normal classroom environment! Don't fall into this trap. Your child will miss out on the most important aspects of his/her life. Thx.

Mesa Distance Learning Program 0

Posted July 20, 2009
I love MDLP! The teachers are great and the courses are about the same as a regular school. I work on my courses after work, so it's great for me. Thanks, MDLP.

Mesa Distance Learning Program
549 N Stapley, Mesa, AZ  85203
Last modified Mesa Distance Learning Program is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesa Distance Learning Program Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top