Mohave Valley, AZ

River Valley High School 3

Posted June 02, 2012
We transferred in with 5 weeks left in the school year. We contacted the school before we moved to attempt to pre-register, but we were told we could just arrive with appropriate paperwork and register. When we arrived, we did not have the required uniform so we got the address where to go for them, and the place had moved. So our son had to wait another day before starting. We had placed numerous calls both to the guidance office and one of his teachers about different issues and never got our call returned. Hopefully, this is not normal procedure and next year, when we will have been there from the start, things will be better. Maybe, since the student handbook is also the hall pass, and our student had it with him so we never got a chance to read it, it is our fault for the lack of knowledge. But a school should offer a list of venders who carry the uniform and inform incoming families of the requirement, if they have the opportunity, or put it on their web page. I really can't rate the teachers, principal, or parent involvement until next year, but the one teacher who failed to return our calls and emails certainly gets a poor rating in our book.

Posted July 27, 2011
This school is amazing. This is my third year going and the staff and student have been nothing but nice. There are many school activites to attend. People always have a lot of school spirit. The lunches are really good and they also have a snack bar. The teachers are great. They teach exactly what they are suppose to do. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone.

River Valley High School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
There is limited opportunity for students at this school. There are no AP's, and no college prep. The dual enrollment program is only useful if you plan to stay at MCC, or somewhere in-state. I can now say that River Valley High School did not prepare me for the college experience in the least bit. There is nothing rigorous, or challenging here. There are huge problems that need to be addressed, and the administration needs to stop managing campus like a prison. Even "the yard" has the feel of a prison, a tension exists on campus that is plagued with public bullying and fights. While I attended, the doors of bathroom stalls were removed to punish the students. Does this sound like a place you want to send your child? There is a disconnect between the administration and what goes on in the classroom. Students aren't kept sufficiently busy, and are given too much time during class to wreak havoc on their peers. I now have experience working with different high schools, and can see the disparity and how River Valley High School simply does not measure up. There are two counselors at this smaller school, and still most students are neglected. Students are set up for failure.

Posted November 24, 2010
My name is Christopher Dallas VonDerAhe, when i attended River Valley High School i had alot of problems in my life, some were the typical run of the mill issues that all teenagers face, and the others, well they werent quite so average. The one thing that kept me sane and kept me going throughout the entire experience was the Speech and Debate Team. Words cannot describe the sense of well being and confidence that was instilled in me by Mr. Rosenberger and the entire family, because family is much more apt to describe the team. Speech and Debate isnt centered only on achievement and medals, but also bettering yourself and teaching you the tools you will need to succeed. I would hate to see other kids lose out on these great opportunities because of lack of funding. Have Faith, its worth it even if you cant measure it with medals.

River Valley High School 4

Posted May 23, 2009
I think that the school has a better structure than that of Mohave. I think that the teachers are dedicated to their jobs and seeing the kids at the school learn, and that the discipline is at a proper level. There are mny good features such as the brnd new gym and weight room which is with out a doubt one of the best in the state. The bads are that some of the student body is very rude to their teachers which I think should be stopped.

River Valley High School 3

Posted November 18, 2008
I have to say that River Valley does stand above most in the area, rivaling Mohave (You technically can't compare them because R.V. is a 3A school and Mohave is a 4A school) but it has it's downfalls as well. There is one teacher mentioned on here over and over and that is Mr. Rosenberger. I have to say that the man is magnificent, and has tought me a lot while I've been there. Some of the teachers are outstanding while others just see it as a job. I think that the diciplinary staff does it's best to mantain stability in the students but some of its policies are flawed, most like other things in the school. The budget could be spent wiser and the students could be more curteous, but I won't call it a horrible place. Just not my favorite place.

River Valley High School 2

Posted October 31, 2008
I rated it three. Due to how some teachers, their methods are horrible and don't work for many of the students. As well as poor funding in school items and as well lunches. They have many students who need to get taught a lesson about politeness not only to fellow students, but to their teachers. As well, the buses are over crowded and full of some really rude people who need to get removed from school. If the school fixes these problems, I think it might deserve a four.

River Valley High School 4

Posted August 03, 2008
i attended rvhs and graduated class of 08! school was a great experience. as long as you put effort into school you got something out of it. most students were friendly, and there were always school sponsored events going on. it was great.

Posted May 06, 2008
My son is am member of the speech and debate team and loves it, curious to find what captivated him so much me and my wife supported the team and went on trips we discovered a family of people who want education, future, and fun while at it. My son loves this school but what makes it better than any other school is what Mr. Rosenberger, the speech and debate coach , teaches which would be intellectuality and the tools need to build a good future. This man needs a medal. Other than the team, unlike mohave, the other local school it seems the teachers really care about their students and will put in hours of extra work just to help the kids. Furthermore the administration is very well conducting.

Posted March 30, 2008

River Valley High School
2250 E. Laguna, Mohave Valley, AZ  86440
Last modified River Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top