Bad
Good

We moved to Oracle two years ago. Before purchasing our house, we looked at the school. We have been nothing but impressed with the staff and the education our daughter is receiving. She is special needs, and has full inclusion in the classroom. They have gone above and beyond to accommodate her needs. They offer fun activities such as Reading Under the Stars and Fall Festival, throughout the year. Every student participates in science fair each year, something that was not offered in the schools in the bigger district she was attending before. I would not hesitate to recommend Mountain Vista to anyone.

THis school does not care about its students. A lot of bullying going on there. teachers do not watch the kids on the playground and they continually get hurt. They cannot stay with one set curriculum but keep jumping around. They took away music and art. Not a quality school by any means.

I have read the comments and do agree with some. For instances, the parent who wrote about what our school district offers "gifted" children. Yes, we could do better and as a board member I will continue to bring this issue up at board meetings and in my discussions with the administration. As a board member, I have access to more information, and while there is always room for improvement, our teachers and administrators are the most dedicated people I know. They certainly do not go into education for the money. There are so many issues that the public is unaware of which affect education in Oracle, proposed and adopted reform that we have no control over, budgetary cuts which again, we have no control over. We need more citizens in our district to understand what schools face today; and we need more parent involvement. With the new requirement for teacher and administrator evaluations recently adopted by the state, we will better be able to see if we are reaching goals. I hope if you are considering sending your child to an Oracle school you will come for a visit. Rural schools have lots to offer that does not get advertised! School Board President

great school, great staff, lots of fun and good learning. plenty of extra cirricular activities for the kids

Mountain Vista School is the best school that i've ever known in my entire life!!!! I want there as a kid and so did my kids. Every day they would come home with a smile on their face!!

This school, as for the other schools in the San Tan Heights area, are not doing well. The teachers do not have a contract, paper and other supply shortages, unhappy teachers, unhappy parents, no PTO. Teachers leaving to other school districts, teachers being removed to combined classes. 5 total from San Tan and Mountain Vista total. The Coolidge Unified School District School Board needs to be replaced from the superintendent to the last board member. Mismanagement seems to be the problem.

The school has a very friendly staff, it small and offers many extra activities. We likes our 4th grade teacher alot. I was also very impressed with the school psycoclogist, my son got the help he needed with some of his learning disabilities.

This school has the advantages of smaller classrooms, and several programs such as Century 21 program. The school takes pride in their accelerated programs for gifted students. I have found it inadequate for truly gifted students. The schools' focus is primarily on the under-performing and at level students. The culture of the school is fear of failure and so they do everything in their power to build confidence which sometimes means not allowing them to try things they may not succeed with. The teaching is basic with little enrichment plans for gifted students. Even though they tell you they do. I have found that the gifted students are used to be the example for the under-performing students and are utilized to assist lower functioning students to the harm of the gifted students. If your child is gifted, this may not be the choice for you. Oracle lacks choices in gifted ed!

Last modified Mountain Vista School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.