Posted June 03, 2014
I love working here. We are all like a family and treat our students like that as well. We love and help one another in any way possible. I wouldn't pick any place better to work or send my child.

Montessori Academy 1

Posted May 22, 2014
The school was called to see how my child was doing on the first day back after being sick. THEY COULD NO FIND THE CHILD

Montessori Academy 4

Posted March 04, 2014
I just had to write a review because my experience has been so different to the last two reviewers. In regards to traffic and pick-up/drop-off, this is the best school we have been to (we've been to three). I absolutely love the campus with the trees, the shade, and the mountain view. The buildings are a bit old, and I do think that the bathrooms really need updating, but the campus is a really peaceful and beautiful place to be. In regards to the education, it seems a bit hit and miss. In contrast to the previous review, my child who struggles with attention, learning, and anxiety is thriving at this school, while my very bright, well-adjusted child is floundering. My kids LOVE going to school, and the school does all kinds of fun activities and events. I have never met a parent that I would describe as a snob in any way.

Montessori Academy 2

Posted February 12, 2014
It's interesting that there are really good and really bad reviews. My impression is that - if you have a child that's not an academic superstar, you're going to really struggle here. MA tends to spend most of their time with kids that are intellectually brilliant and way above-average. And if you have problems, or are not that child - then you will basically be ignored. My kids HATED school. Didn't want to go, couldn't do their homework - didn't understand their homework. I feel like MA decided to "keep up with the Jones" by having students do ridiculously challenging exercises. Things like asking a 4th grader to write a report on the evolution on the human jaw. Like, homework that you might expect a high school or college student to be working on. So, it can be frustrating having to spend hours and hours helping your child with homework, that they don't even understand, or have a basic concept of how to tackle. School should be fun, and kids should be learning stuff that's appropriately challenging for them, and interesting. Not just hard for hard's sake. MA needs to take a serious look at the kinds of things they're having kids do and figure out what is appropriate.

Montessori Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2013
My child attended through 8th grade and is now a successful high school student. Students who go through this program become the teens you WANT to spend time with. BUT, if you expect a school to raise your child FOR you, you're going to be disappointed. If you are an involved parent willing to read with your child regularly and practice spelling words and math tables (you know-- be an actual parent), and you are eager to be a partner in your child's education, then this is the school for you. What you trade by not having the newest buildings or the latest in technology, you more than gain in teachers who actually know your child, opportunities for individualized attention, and confident, independent, thoughtful young people who take responsibility for their own lives. Montessori requires kids be intellectually curious and self motivated. It requires parents support and back teachers when students inevitably test limits. If you believe your child can do no wrong, if he spends more time in front of a screen than playing or reading, or if you put more effort into excuses for why your child is struggling than they put into their schoolwork- than NO!! MA is not going to be a good fit.

Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 30, 2013
Arizona Montessori Academy is not a great school. My child stalled once she started 1st grade there. The rooms smell like mold I would not be surprised if there was lead paint on the walls The traffic is terrible Most of the parents are snobs The administration seems to be more interested in monte carlo night then teaching. I would suggest going somewhere else

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is constantly evolving! The communication was great...then they introduced a new monthly newsletter and weekly classroom update and more! They keep getting better and better. Love this school!

Posted September 23, 2013
I love how this school teaches students how to behave by being positive and noticing what the children do RIGHT! I've seen some students that worried me at first, but wow! They've really turned around quickly. It makes for great community.

Posted September 11, 2013
My two girls have been going to Montessori Academy for years and I found that they have grown tremendously through education and practical activities. I have also seen great improvement on their manners and respect. The Principal and teachers are amazing and Cant imagine taking my kids anywhere else

Posted September 09, 2013
All three of my children attended this school and I can not say enough about it !! All of my children prospered but I would have to say that they worked magic with my son!! He was three when he started attending and has special needs. They were patient, nurturing, and truly cared about his education. He went through every program level and recently graduated from eighth grade. When assessing for high school classes he tested out of freshman courses and into advanced ones!! He is very well liked socially, plays sports, maintains a part time job, volunteers and is an active leader in the community. I give full credit to this school!! They have presented to him opportunities that he would have never received in traditional schooling. (Yearly trips, Heroic Journey, Volunteering in the community, Intern programs, Camping trips). I can not rave enough about the caring faculty and parent community at this school!! Keep up the good work Montessori Academy you are creating the type of people I want to see in my future!!!

Montessori Academy
6050 N. Invergordon Rd, Paradise Valley, AZ  85253
Last modified Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top