Paradise Valley, AZ

Posted April 14, 2015
In response to the previous post, I am a single parent with one child at Tesseract. I work 2 jobs, my sister helps with drop-off and pick-up. I also had my financial aid package cut. The reason the school needed to change the financial aid program was because they were being TOO generous and some parents were not paying the tuition they owed. The new administration is cleaning house and putting the school back on better financial footing. At first, I was upset too. Then, I spoke with my friends, family, neighbors and explained how much we LOVED the school and I needed their tax credit money. I have raised more money through tax credit donations than the school was giving us. Thank goodness we can do that in Arizona. This is a terrific school. My best wishes to you, but please don t say ugly comments about the school. It only hurts the kids and the teachers, who have nothing to do with the financial aid situation.

Posted April 05, 2015
At first I thought this school was a great organization and perfect match for my children, till the school blew out millions of $$ and then started to change their scholarship agreements. This school is anything but Non profit organization and does not care about the children they have in the school. And the education is more on the level of very expensive childcare as well. This is the worse school by far my children were ever in. Be aware and stay out of this rich club school that discriminate the less fortunate but hiding behind the non profit umbrella.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
Tesseract has been a wonderful fit for our child. We are in the lower school and my child loves school. The teachers have been very attentive to his particular learning style, very nurturing with a positive attitude and disposition. Mrs. O (director) is always available and answers our emails in 24 hours and addresses any concerns we have, as does his classroom teachers. They greet each child by name in the morning and set a lovely tone to the school day. The school thinks 'out of the box', is creative in its approach, a lot of engaging hands-on learning and stays current with new innovative teaching styles. We are working parents and have been welcomed into the parent community. In our previous school, the stay at home parents ran the show and were too involved (in my opinion) in the classroom, disrupting the teachers flow. Parents are welcome here with specific duties and involvement. The teachers have autonomy to do their job. I appreciate that. The school is small, intimate, friendly. My child gets all the 'specials', music, art, p.e., Spanish, library, morning meeting with public speaking, field trips and community citizenship. We are very pleased. Thanks Tesseract!

Posted January 17, 2015
Tesseract is by far the best school we have ever experienced. The teachers are the best in their field and care for each and every student. The early childhood program is one of only a few NAEYC accredited schools in the valley. This is a rigorous process & shows their dedication to the students. The lower school truly fosters a love of learning in each student. This school has been a blessing to our family.

Posted January 16, 2015
What a disappointment! Our child attended Tesseract for less than a full year in lower school. The extremely limited perspectives of site administration and the teachers was a challenge. We were told that Tesseract was not a "good fit for our family." What an elitist comment. According to staff, our child required extensive attention and took away time from other children. Ironically, our child is now excelling at Cherokee Elementary School, our home school. There are no behaviors, no negative comments and learning is occurring on an individualized level. We are also aware of other families that pulled their children out prior to the close of the school year. Some of the families were scholarship families. To think that we paid ($18,000) for the negative attention given to our child causes us great distress. If you live within the boundaries of Cherokee Elementary School, do not waste your money; send your child(ren) to Cherokee. Tesseract is not better; it is elitist and subpar.

Posted October 01, 2014
My child went here for less than a full year in Pre-K. We decided on removal after having repeated problems with the staff there. They brought in a "therapist" for testing, and diagnosed a sensory processing disorder. After taking our child to an offsite facility for a second opinion, their diagnosis came back, rather, as "gifted". After reading other reviews, it scares me to think that others believed the first few years here to be the best. When we left, my child quit wetting the bed again (this started up while attending here) within 2 weeks, and refers to Tesseract as "that scary school". After all the time spent there, my child didn't recognize numbers, or the alphabet. After less than 1 year at another school, s/he is sight reading, counting by 10's, 5's, etc, adding in the thousands, and writing full sentences. I am so glad that we made the choice we did. I just wish we had done it sooner. The one thing I wanted was to instill a love of learning in my child, and they did just the opposite.

Posted August 25, 2014
For the first time ever my son loves school. His teachers are amazing and he is getting a much higher quality education compared to Scottsdale Unified School District. The technology, curriculum and methods for teaching have been an amazing fit for my son. Cannot say enough positive about Tesseract!

Posted April 29, 2014
Tesseract is an engaging environment for students. The experiential learning in and out of the classroom is amazing.

Posted April 28, 2014
Tesseract school is child-centered and teaches thematically. The arts, Spanish, library, technology, and physical education are integrated into the curriculum whenever possible. The hands-on approach makes the learning experiences more meaningful and engaging. All students at the lower school start their day with a whole school morning meeting followed by a class morning meeting. During the lower school morning meeting students present by grade level in front of the school. Parents are invited to watch these morning meeting presentations. The students are expected to be responsible and independent learners.

Tesseract School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
Our son has been in Tesseract the entire elementary school. Kindergarden and Fourth grade teachers are outstanding. Ms. O in 4th grade is the best teacher of the elementary crowd and worth EVERYTHING!.I am delighted that she will assume leadership role of the elementary school next year. I hope she will start by making serious changes in third grade classroom. I also hope that the most junior teacher will bring about lightness of a severely negative third grade atmosphere.

Tesseract School