Paradise Valley, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our small class sizes and low student-teacher ratios allow us to foster a true love of learning, encouraging Tesseract students to explore their interests and passions—all within safe, supportive surroundings. As our educators guide their students to think differently, and see global relationships as essential, it is our student’s sense of ownership, which truly enables them to soar. Tesseract students are engaged in the world around them from the time they join our community.
July 10, 2015

Posted August 13, 2015
As a parent of multiple children through Tesseact I cannot say enough good things about the education and character development my children have received throughout the years. The primary philosophy of the school is to develop the whole student and as a well rounded speaker in front of their peers. if your child requires the additional time and attention to develop them as a life long student this should be a school you should strongly consider.

Posted August 13, 2015

Posted August 03, 2015
As a parent, I have been amazed at the education my daughter has received at Tesseract. The social/emotional curriculum and the academic curriculum are viewed as equally importantly and are designed to be highly engaging for the students. Tesseract truly educates the whole child. In addition to the core curricular areas, the students have art, PE, music, Spanish and library. The students garden and each grade level is involved in different service learning programs as well. Technology is integrated as a resource/ tool that enhance and enriches the learning. The educators work closely together to design lessons that make interdisciplinary connections. Tesseract is a wonderful learning community and a hidden gem in the valley. Every decision is made with the student(s) in mind.

Posted July 13, 2015
My two children have been in the lower school for several years now. I will tell you that the early childhood parents rave about the lower ratios and caring environment. We have absolutely loved the K – 2nd thus far. I do not believe that there is a finer group of kindergarten educators at another school. The social and educational growth we have seen from our two children (two years apart) is amazing. This is a school that teaches how to be responsible people in a challenging world. The kids learn the ability to speak confidently and in front of an audience at an early age and in an environment that is nurturing and supportive – yet academically challenging.

Tesseract School 4

Posted July 10, 2015
Tesseract is for the progressive, smart, special child that is destined to change the world - and can only do so through a thoughtful and individualized education that focuses on exploration of many broad subjects that include advanced academics - especially in technology and science - but also brings back the often lost skills to truly make it in a global setting: speaking, engagement, writing, and manners. Tesseract treats the WHOLE child - not just a part.

Tesseract School

Posted July 10, 2015
- a school leader

Tesseract School 1

Posted June 10, 2015
This is the saddest story. A wonderful school destroyed by such terrible mismanagement. The current head of school lacks integrity, has (what seems to be) a social disorder and has no sense of building trust or team. The school is in the last hour of trying to put together a program for the fall of 2015. They are in a desperate position with a terrible morale and culture remaining. Ask all of the right questions before signing a contract.

Tesseract School 1

Posted June 05, 2015
One star for their approach to learning; but you can get that anywhere if you do your research. This place is full of unprofessionalism, inexperienced leaders, and negativity. I am not re-enrolling my child next year for several reasons, number one being the disrespect given to the families, students, and educators stemming mostly from the recent financial crisis. Secondly, the respect I find at Tesseract is few and far between. My child should be thriving in a positive environment where the educators are respectful to everyone they come in contact with. I have been very disappointed on numerous occasions while witnessing the carefree/disrespectful attitude. These are not the role models I have envisioned for my child. Conduct your research before you select Tesseract as a school for your family, and I highly recommend you meet with the head of school before you make your decision. That should be eye opening. For the children and families who truly believe in the mission, I hope that the school succeeds, but my child's education cannot be put on hold while they figure it out.

Tesseract School 2

Posted May 29, 2015
Tesseract's global approach to learning coupled with it's commitment to world travel and support of foreign exchange students on it's high school campus served our child well. What once was a progressive cutting-edge high school is now a Greek tragedy. Tesseract's 2015 financial crisis has resulted in the closing of the high school campus, despite written assurances during the emergency fund raising phase of the crisis, that the school would not be broken-up. Tesseract is now PK-8 ands its biggest challenges lie ahead, with a vacant building to try to sell, a combative community and a dwindling student body. Managing the continuing financial catastrophe has taken priority over maintaining a quality school environment. Be aware of a very real possibility of bankruptcy if you are considering Tesseract for your lower or middle school child.

Tesseract School 3

Posted May 29, 2015
I hesitate to post a rating as it often seems that these forums are for disgruntled parents and it doesn't necessarily give a true reflection. In an effort to be unbiased, the school has absolutely the right approach to learning. Its failing have been in leadership and the inability to retain families. It was on the path to growing into a fabulous pre k-12 program. Unfortunately, a new head of school, inexperienced board of trustees with too many personal agendas has dismantled this school. It has the potential to rebuild its Pre K-8 program; the question is will it stay true to its 27 year mission or will the new leaders do it a disservice. The cost of tuition is far beyond it's value in the current state. Evaluate with a discerning eye.

Tesseract School