Paradise Valley, AZ

Posted June 10, 2015
This is the saddest story. A wonderful school destroyed by such terrible mismanagement. The current head of school lacks integrity, has (what seems to be) a social disorder and has no sense of building trust or team. The school is in the last hour of trying to put together a program for the fall of 2015. They are in a desperate position with a terrible morale and culture remaining. Ask all of the right questions before signing a contract.

Posted June 05, 2015
One star for their approach to learning; but you can get that anywhere if you do your research. This place is full of unprofessionalism, inexperienced leaders, and negativity. I am not re-enrolling my child next year for several reasons, number one being the disrespect given to the families, students, and educators stemming mostly from the recent financial crisis. Secondly, the respect I find at Tesseract is few and far between. My child should be thriving in a positive environment where the educators are respectful to everyone they come in contact with. I have been very disappointed on numerous occasions while witnessing the carefree/disrespectful attitude. These are not the role models I have envisioned for my child. Conduct your research before you select Tesseract as a school for your family, and I highly recommend you meet with the head of school before you make your decision. That should be eye opening. For the children and families who truly believe in the mission, I hope that the school succeeds, but my child's education cannot be put on hold while they figure it out.

Tesseract School 2

Posted May 29, 2015
Tesseract's global approach to learning coupled with it's commitment to world travel and support of foreign exchange students on it's high school campus served our child well. What once was a progressive cutting-edge high school is now a Greek tragedy. Tesseract's 2015 financial crisis has resulted in the closing of the high school campus, despite written assurances during the emergency fund raising phase of the crisis, that the school would not be broken-up. Tesseract is now PK-8 ands its biggest challenges lie ahead, with a vacant building to try to sell, a combative community and a dwindling student body. Managing the continuing financial catastrophe has taken priority over maintaining a quality school environment. Be aware of a very real possibility of bankruptcy if you are considering Tesseract for your lower or middle school child.

Tesseract School 3

Posted May 29, 2015
I hesitate to post a rating as it often seems that these forums are for disgruntled parents and it doesn't necessarily give a true reflection. In an effort to be unbiased, the school has absolutely the right approach to learning. Its failing have been in leadership and the inability to retain families. It was on the path to growing into a fabulous pre k-12 program. Unfortunately, a new head of school, inexperienced board of trustees with too many personal agendas has dismantled this school. It has the potential to rebuild its Pre K-8 program; the question is will it stay true to its 27 year mission or will the new leaders do it a disservice. The cost of tuition is far beyond it's value in the current state. Evaluate with a discerning eye.

Posted May 14, 2015
In response to the previous post, my child tests 2 grades above her current grade level after experiencing the same curriculum. I don't believe my gifted child would have done as well in the current public school /charter environment that emphasizes drilling in content over allowing children to develop a solid understanding of concepts. The standard educational system and the emphasis on standardized testing as a yardstick is repeatedly showing us signs of failing children and teachers alike. An individual's acheivement depends on their efforts. That is also true of children and their academic acheivement. To be successful, teachers need the support of parents. Parents who undermine their child's educators at home can't expect results at school. Tesseract has a unique approach and curriculum. It isn't for every family. But for those it fits, it does work well. My child is living proof.

Posted May 08, 2015
What a disappointment. This is glorified daycare, and you have to pay $20,000 for it !!! The curriculum is a joke, my child was so behind even for public school admission as he received soft grading the whole time at Tesseract. As parents we thought he was doing well based on the narratives in his report cards. The school hides behind nice adjectives but there is nothing quantitative about it - forget about being prepared for standardized tests. I am so happy we are leaving, these money problems have simply exposed the naked truth - this school is a house of cards.

Posted April 30, 2015
The school has taken some very hard financial hits lately, unfortunate residue from the previous head of school and the previous board of trustees. We have a new head of school and a new board of trustees now. The school is coming together and the parents have really stepped up with donations and enrollment. We love this school and its educators. The educational experience at Tesseract for our child has been tremendous. Next year, may actually be one of our best years. As the parents, children, administration and teachers will be more united than ever and have a stronger sense of community, pride and ownership in our school. Sometimes, when you are at risk of losing something, you realize how much you value it and will fight to keep it going.

Posted April 18, 2015
Tesseract is on the verge of financial collapse. It has been horribly mismanaged, the level of money problems are suffocating and even if it should somehow finish the year it will be a much smaller more fragile version of what it used to be. The true energy, impact educators have been forced out and won't be returning. As a full paying parent I feel betrayed on so many levels. If you are planning to be a new parent or new student to this school, I encourage you to learn all the facts. What you are being fed is not likely to be any version of reality of the present or the future.

Posted April 14, 2015
In response to the previous post, I am a single parent with one child at Tesseract. I work 2 jobs, my sister helps with drop-off and pick-up. I also had my financial aid package cut. The reason the school needed to change the financial aid program was because they were being TOO generous and some parents were not paying the tuition they owed. The new administration is cleaning house and putting the school back on better financial footing. At first, I was upset too. Then, I spoke with my friends, family, neighbors and explained how much we LOVED the school and I needed their tax credit money. I have raised more money through tax credit donations than the school was giving us. Thank goodness we can do that in Arizona. This is a terrific school. My best wishes to you, but please don t say ugly comments about the school. It only hurts the kids and the teachers, who have nothing to do with the financial aid situation.

Posted April 05, 2015
At first I thought this school was a great organization and perfect match for my children, till the school blew out millions of $$ and then started to change their scholarship agreements. This school is anything but Non profit organization and does not care about the children they have in the school. And the education is more on the level of very expensive childcare as well. This is the worse school by far my children were ever in. Be aware and stay out of this rich club school that discriminate the less fortunate but hiding behind the non profit umbrella.

Tesseract School