Paradise Valley, AZ
Before care: Yes

Tesseract School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
My child went here for less than a full year in Pre-K. We decided on removal after having repeated problems with the staff there. They brought in a "therapist" for testing, and diagnosed a sensory processing disorder. After taking our child to an offsite facility for a second opinion, their diagnosis came back, rather, as "gifted". After reading other reviews, it scares me to think that others believed the first few years here to be the best. When we left, my child quit wetting the bed again (this started up while attending here) within 2 weeks, and refers to Tesseract as "that scary school". After all the time spent there, my child didn't recognize numbers, or the alphabet. After less than 1 year at another school, s/he is sight reading, counting by 10's, 5's, etc, adding in the thousands, and writing full sentences. I am so glad that we made the choice we did. I just wish we had done it sooner. The one thing I wanted was to instill a love of learning in my child, and they did just the opposite.

Posted August 25, 2014
For the first time ever my son loves school. His teachers are amazing and he is getting a much higher quality education compared to Scottsdale Unified School District. The technology, curriculum and methods for teaching have been an amazing fit for my son. Cannot say enough positive about Tesseract!

Posted April 29, 2014
Tesseract is an engaging environment for students. The experiential learning in and out of the classroom is amazing.

Posted April 28, 2014
Tesseract school is child-centered and teaches thematically. The arts, Spanish, library, technology, and physical education are integrated into the curriculum whenever possible. The hands-on approach makes the learning experiences more meaningful and engaging. All students at the lower school start their day with a whole school morning meeting followed by a class morning meeting. During the lower school morning meeting students present by grade level in front of the school. Parents are invited to watch these morning meeting presentations. The students are expected to be responsible and independent learners.

Tesseract School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
Our son has been in Tesseract the entire elementary school. Kindergarden and Fourth grade teachers are outstanding. Ms. O in 4th grade is the best teacher of the elementary crowd and worth EVERYTHING!.I am delighted that she will assume leadership role of the elementary school next year. I hope she will start by making serious changes in third grade classroom. I also hope that the most junior teacher will bring about lightness of a severely negative third grade atmosphere.

Tesseract School 3

Posted March 18, 2014
Tesseract is currently a bit like a ship without a rudder. The current administration wants to make everyone happy so they often respond to the most vocal parents. Some grades are terrific thanks to some spectacular teachers - preK, Kindergarten, second grade and fourth grade were very strong but first and third grade were disappointing. The lower school will have an interim head of school next year and the overall head of school will be new for the 2014-15 year. Next year will likely be a transitional year as the school seems to be 'cleaning house' but hopefully Tesseract will eventually be stronger for all the changes.

Posted March 07, 2014
My children love going to school each day! The educators care for each child & you can feel this when on campus. The environment is loving & fun. Learning is fun & that is what my children are getting at Tesseract! Having fun while learning above & beyond the norm!

Tesseract School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
Kindergarten and 2nd grade are strong. First grade however is notoriously a problem year. When paying $17000 a year, every year should be fantastic. The lower school is about to undergo a complete change of administration so maybe it will be better in a few years.

Posted November 18, 2013
We are very happy at the Tesseract lower school and my kids have been there since kindergarten. The projects they do are fun, engaging and very educational and allow children to discover information rather than have it spoon fed to them. They are taking responsibility for their learning, which I appreciate. The focus on public speaking and collaboration is so important for a 21st century economy where facts are all available to anyone with a computer. The ability to work with other people, advocate for a position, concede a point, think creatively and critically about a problem or idea is essential for success today.

Posted October 27, 2013
Tesseract is an innovated school for today's students. The classes are engaging and the students work on many occasions, as a team, on real world situations. The students start learning to speak in front of crowds at an early age, and build their self confidence. All children can play on the sports teams, there is a "no cut" policy. The class sizes are small, so every child knows their teachers well, and the teachers learn each child's learning style. I can't say enough about Tesseract. My child is flourishing and will be well equipped for college in her future. Thank you Tesseract!

Tesseract School