Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The environment at Cherokee is positive. They do not put up with less than exceptional behavior by the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Passionate about their jobs and their students. Individualized curriculum for students.

The teachers and staff at Cherokee are amazing. They're dedicated and passionate about what they do. It's a true blessing to send our children to Cherokee. The education is superior and the environment for students is great. Happy, positive environment and excellent education. You can't beat Cherokee!

Supports LD students: Neutral

My kids are average learners so i can't speak to this

Effective school leaders: Agree

The leadership is good, but my child's teacher needs mentoring. She is ineffective. My son mentioned the other day that another teacher swore at a student. Another example of a mentoring opportunity for the leadership team

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My daughter has a great teacher. My sons teacher is not effective. She doesn't communicate effectively about the academic program being delivered

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter is second grade gets and average of 15 min per day which I feel is reasonable. My son is fourth grade doesn't get any. I find that strange.

I love the strong parent council, well run school. However at a classroom level, I am unhappy. My Sons 4th English teacher is not experienced. She does not present marked work samples at the teacher conference, I have never seen a marked writing sample. I see tests come home that are rote based, but I have not seen any evidence of a strong academic program. How can kids learn to read and write just by doing spelling tests? I have yet to see an assignment with clear expectations, and then a marked test that shows me how well my child has met these expectations. As a parent you have no idea how well your child is doing in terms of meeting the curriculum expectations. Seeing a spelling test is no indication that you are acquiring new skills. It has been very frustrating talking to her because she doesn't understand where I am coming from and I believe she teaches only out of a book and can't speak to her program and how it connects to the standards. Overall, this year I can't see any new skills learned in language. So disappointed.

We are in our 4th year at Cherokee, our daughter is still there and our son graduated a couple years ago. Ever teacher we have encountered has been caring, dedicated, and highly competent.

Great teachers and staff. Very active APT and lots of parental involvement in the classrooms. Tax credit money funds many before and after school clubs. The teaching is challenging and my kids have never been bored!

Last modified Cherokee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.