Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Through the Be Kind program, showing your Kiva BEST, and positive reinforcement kids work together to be nice and respectful to each other. Bullying is dealt with right away by the teachers and staff.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The Panda program is great for kids that need a little extra help.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal and the assistant principal are a great team!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through the Be Kind Program and showing your Kiva BEST each student knows what is expected of them. The school promotes positive reinforcement with the behavior clip up system.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our teacher is always willing to talk to us about areas my daughter can improve or things we can do at home to help. Our daughter loves her teacher and loves going to school every week.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is given on a weekly or monthly basis. Kids can choose to finish their work all at once or a little each day.

I love this school and I didn’t think I would ever say that about a public school. The Be Kind program is amazing. Yes there will always of those kids that aren’t always “kind” but this school does all it can to make that kids show their KIVA BEST (Be Kind, Eager to Learn, Safety First and Take Responsibility) in school . I receive at least 1-2 email a week from my daughter teacher letting us know what is going on in the classroom. Our teacher always communicated any concern or areas of improvement that she saw with my daughter. She also gave us advice and online resources that we could work on together at home. There is a large social media community for this school. The principal is always posting photos of class project, school events and even just kicking the soccer ball with kids on the playground. This school also has excellent parent involvement from event to the art masterpiece program. I work full time but there are a lot of way that I can help or volunteer at the school.

I love the Be Kind program that teaches core values for the students and is promoted and modeled by the teachers. My son has attended the last two years and has excelled in both, giving him a sense of pride and accomplishment. I am amazed at what is being taught.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There isn't homework given out. Most of the time the teachers let the kids do the homework in class while the teacher surfs social media.

Develops character: Disagree

There is no fairness or integrity developed here. It's who you know, how much you donate and whether you compliment them all the time.

Last modified Kiva Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.