Peoria, AZ

Posted March 31, 2015
I heard so many good things about Oasis, that I obtained a variance for my son to attend school at Oasis. And then I moved into the neighborhood 2 yrs later, so that we were closer to my son's school & friends. I have even recommended Oasis to a few friends as well. Oasis is a A++++ school.

Posted March 08, 2015
My husband and I love this school. We have been at Oasis for 2 years and my children love going to school again. I have found the school to be very organized and fully committed to student achievement. My 3 children love going to school everyday. It seems like everyday they are excited about something going on at school. This school does not tolerate any bullying. When it comes to keeping the kids in line, the principal is as tough as nails and yet I've seen her hugging the little ones. She is a very kind lady. The Assistant Principal is very good as well. They make a good team. Other schools could learn from them. All of the teachers seem pretty happy. Parent communication is a high priority. I am glad we found this school.

Posted February 25, 2015
My family loves this school and all of their teachers. I have a 2nd and 4 th grader and they are thriving at school. We are always kept up to date with information from the principal and we would recommend Oasis to anyone

Oasis Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
I wish to add to my previous comment that: The fact that parents are making so many negative comments recently also shows the lack of confidence they feel that they will be heard in person. One only need to read the glowing posts from years past to understand how badly Oasis has fallen. I was not a fan of the former principal, & saw him as a 'glad handler' but I've been disappointed in the current principal because I thought she was someone who would improve Oasis. I will commend the current PTSO in their attempts to include more parents however I feel there is still a 'clique' in place. Again the current issues with Oasis are a serious lack of communication & accountability. This past year; no 'robo calls' from the principal, ONE Parent Site Counsel Meeting (& then only at the end of the year), & no emails home. Kids are being held to standard of behavior that I don't see teachers being held to. If my child wasn't going into 8th grade I'd seriously think about changing schools.

Posted May 30, 2014
Oasis has gone really downhill over the years. Ever since they got a new principal this school has been crazy. My daughter told me kids are being suspended and one even expelled for no reason. I am definitely moving my kids from schools next year and good thing my oldest is going to high school next year. I am really disappointed in this school now and especially hate the new gates. It isn't a jail!!

Posted May 28, 2014
Oasis is an amazing school. Everyone is so helpful. The administration is always available. I personally feel my child gets an excellent education at Oasis.

Posted April 01, 2014
OASIS has really gone down. I have had 3 kids go there since K-G and my other child is now in morning K-G. I swear it seems like they never ever keep this teacher informed of anything going on at the school. If it wasnt for my other child going there I would never know whats going on. I dont know what has happend to this school but they are very un organized. I also do not like the new gates they are putting up it makes our school look like a jail! Are kids should not have to be so gated in! I'm seriously thinking of changing my last 2 kids schools next year.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have had children attending Oasis since 1998. Since the current Principal took over this school has gone to heck in a hand basket. She has run most of the quality teachers out of the school or into retirement. This Principle is out of control. She is suspending kids for actions that normally would deserve a detention and giving detentions for actions I personally feel are typical child behaviors (like forgetting homework). I hate to pull my little one out in the middle of a school year but it may need to happen. I don't think he can survive another year of substandard education under this woman's rein.

Oasis Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2013
Some of the teachers refuse to work with struggling students before and/or after school. As a teacher myself, I find this to be disappointing. I currently have two children attending Oasis. They seem to like the overall school, but they also tell me how some of their teachers go on Facebook and ESPN during classes. I am also extremely disappointed with the school cafeteria. My children refuse to eat the lunch there. The one time in my entire life that I bounced a check, I was immediately sent to collections. (I had accidently grabbed my old checkbook. I understand it was my fault; however, I still can't believe no one called or mailed me to let me clear it up.) I even went down to the district office to try to remedy the situation with the internal auditor, but that was not helpful either. Quite honestly, had I not purchased a house in the neighborhood, I would have moved due to the school. I am hoping things will change soon. I am also disappointed that there isn't a full-day kindergarten program. For this reason, I may enroll my youngest into another district.

Oasis Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2013
M This school has become so unorganized and undisciplined since the new principal has been there. She has no control, don't know how she got the job. We are so disappointed in the education our children have received. Our son has struggled in math. We tried to get him help. The teachers response was there was nothing they could do, they said we should seek help elsewhere. We will be looking for a new school for next year.

Oasis Elementary School
7841 W Sweetwater, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Oasis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oasis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top