Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 31, 2016
I have had three children at Oasis and our family loves this school. My oldest is now in high school but I have a 3rd and 5th grader. The school has great opportunities for the children to be successful. We love the fact that every year the 4th graders go to the Grand Canyon and all the parents go as well. Everyone gets to learn about our state and this National treasure. They also have an amazing drama club. My 5th grader is so excited about the upcoming production. The teachers care about the children and go out of their way to make sure they are successful. The principal is very involved with every student and truly cares about their success. All of my friends who attend Oasis really enjoy school school and we have recommended it to several people.

Oasis Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
I just recently had my kindergarten enter this school After two and half weeks I had to withdraw him into another school. It was appalling the lack of safety they showed us toward our 5 year old. His teacher is very sweet and understanding, Ms Ebberhart. I signed my child out for a doctor appointment. I do not know the office staff as this is the first time I sign him out. No one asked for ID I just mentioned first name and kindergarten they than stated his last name for me and I said yes. Than I was told I had to wait in the office because I would disrupt the class if I were to go get him. I was than told a buddy will bring him to the office. I thought to myself a little odd since both children are 5 years old being escorted without an adult for first time being very new into the school. I had an uneasy feeling. I waited out side hidden by a post and watched as my son and the little kindergarten child open the gate to the main parking lot that is faced near the main busy street. I quickly interjected and got my son out of a parking lot with other cars and reached over and opened the gate for the other kids that automatically locked. Very scary as a parent to have your child being locked into a parking lot or wondering a very new school not knowing what to do. Next morning my husband and I met with the prin Gail Miller and expressed our concerns. We were told again moving forward we can not get the child from class and usually there will be an assistant to walk the child to the office for early dismissal. no apology or sympathy and basically stated the standard is on the child to "know how to get around". I'm sorry my son is 5. He just started a new school with new surroundings. How can a child that just started in a school within two weeks know where to go and not to. This is not a safe school. Please parents be advised the principal expects more of your 5 yr old as if the child is an adult. Than instead of trying to remedy or help the parents feel better of their child's safety she makes it a point to state the burden is on the child to know where to go. It is sad that I had to remove my child today but it is for his well being and safety. As I was withdrawing him they gave no interest in asking why I would withdraw him. As I went to get my son the principal signed the paper as I was not there. I got that the principal does not like to be challenged.SHAME

Posted March 31, 2015
I heard so many good things about Oasis, that I obtained a variance for my son to attend school at Oasis. And then I moved into the neighborhood 2 yrs later, so that we were closer to my son's school & friends. I have even recommended Oasis to a few friends as well. Oasis is a A++++ school.

Posted March 08, 2015
My husband and I love this school. We have been at Oasis for 2 years and my children love going to school again. I have found the school to be very organized and fully committed to student achievement. My 3 children love going to school everyday. It seems like everyday they are excited about something going on at school. This school does not tolerate any bullying. When it comes to keeping the kids in line, the principal is as tough as nails and yet I've seen her hugging the little ones. She is a very kind lady. The Assistant Principal is very good as well. They make a good team. Other schools could learn from them. All of the teachers seem pretty happy. Parent communication is a high priority. I am glad we found this school.

Posted February 25, 2015
My family loves this school and all of their teachers. I have a 2nd and 4 th grader and they are thriving at school. We are always kept up to date with information from the principal and we would recommend Oasis to anyone

Oasis Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
I wish to add to my previous comment that: The fact that parents are making so many negative comments recently also shows the lack of confidence they feel that they will be heard in person. One only need to read the glowing posts from years past to understand how badly Oasis has fallen. I was not a fan of the former principal, & saw him as a 'glad handler' but I've been disappointed in the current principal because I thought she was someone who would improve Oasis. I will commend the current PTSO in their attempts to include more parents however I feel there is still a 'clique' in place. Again the current issues with Oasis are a serious lack of communication & accountability. This past year; no 'robo calls' from the principal, ONE Parent Site Counsel Meeting (& then only at the end of the year), & no emails home. Kids are being held to standard of behavior that I don't see teachers being held to. If my child wasn't going into 8th grade I'd seriously think about changing schools.

Posted May 30, 2014
Oasis has gone really downhill over the years. Ever since they got a new principal this school has been crazy. My daughter told me kids are being suspended and one even expelled for no reason. I am definitely moving my kids from schools next year and good thing my oldest is going to high school next year. I am really disappointed in this school now and especially hate the new gates. It isn't a jail!!

Posted May 28, 2014
Oasis is an amazing school. Everyone is so helpful. The administration is always available. I personally feel my child gets an excellent education at Oasis.

Posted April 01, 2014
OASIS has really gone down. I have had 3 kids go there since K-G and my other child is now in morning K-G. I swear it seems like they never ever keep this teacher informed of anything going on at the school. If it wasnt for my other child going there I would never know whats going on. I dont know what has happend to this school but they are very un organized. I also do not like the new gates they are putting up it makes our school look like a jail! Are kids should not have to be so gated in! I'm seriously thinking of changing my last 2 kids schools next year.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have had children attending Oasis since 1998. Since the current Principal took over this school has gone to heck in a hand basket. She has run most of the quality teachers out of the school or into retirement. This Principle is out of control. She is suspending kids for actions that normally would deserve a detention and giving detentions for actions I personally feel are typical child behaviors (like forgetting homework). I hate to pull my little one out in the middle of a school year but it may need to happen. I don't think he can survive another year of substandard education under this woman's rein.

Oasis Elementary School
7841 West Sweetwater, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Oasis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.