Peoria, AZ

Posted August 06, 2014
We just started yet another year at Oasis and we just love this school. We have been at this school for the last three years and my whole family just loves this school. I have children in grades 2-7th and they have been supported by the staff and administration. They look forward to school every year and this year is no exception. My experience with the administration and the principal has been wonderful. She is very caring and has made a difference for my children at this school. I see her out front in the morning greeting children and in the cafeteria at lunch. We have received monthly communication from the school through text messengers, the school messenger and through the Facebook. The school website lists current events which I also check. I know that site council meetings were held each month last year throughout the year. I plan on becoming more involved and will be joining PTSO as well as site council. I would encourage everyone to join as well. I look forward to another great year.

Posted May 31, 2014
I wish to add to my previous comment that: The fact that parents are making so many negative comments recently also shows the lack of confidence they feel that they will be heard in person. One only need to read the glowing posts from years past to understand how badly Oasis has fallen. I was not a fan of the former principal, & saw him as a 'glad handler' but I've been disappointed in the current principal because I thought she was someone who would improve Oasis. I will commend the current PTSO in their attempts to include more parents however I feel there is still a 'clique' in place. Again the current issues with Oasis are a serious lack of communication & accountability. This past year; no 'robo calls' from the principal, ONE Parent Site Counsel Meeting (& then only at the end of the year), & no emails home. Kids are being held to standard of behavior that I don't see teachers being held to. If my child wasn't going into 8th grade I'd seriously think about changing schools.

Posted May 30, 2014
Oasis has gone really downhill over the years. Ever since they got a new principal this school has been crazy. My daughter told me kids are being suspended and one even expelled for no reason. I am definitely moving my kids from schools next year and good thing my oldest is going to high school next year. I am really disappointed in this school now and especially hate the new gates. It isn't a jail!!

Posted May 28, 2014
Oasis is an amazing school. Everyone is so helpful. The administration is always available. I personally feel my child gets an excellent education at Oasis.

Posted April 01, 2014
OASIS has really gone down. I have had 3 kids go there since K-G and my other child is now in morning K-G. I swear it seems like they never ever keep this teacher informed of anything going on at the school. If it wasnt for my other child going there I would never know whats going on. I dont know what has happend to this school but they are very un organized. I also do not like the new gates they are putting up it makes our school look like a jail! Are kids should not have to be so gated in! I'm seriously thinking of changing my last 2 kids schools next year.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have had children attending Oasis since 1998. Since the current Principal took over this school has gone to heck in a hand basket. She has run most of the quality teachers out of the school or into retirement. This Principle is out of control. She is suspending kids for actions that normally would deserve a detention and giving detentions for actions I personally feel are typical child behaviors (like forgetting homework). I hate to pull my little one out in the middle of a school year but it may need to happen. I don't think he can survive another year of substandard education under this woman's rein.

Oasis Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2013
Some of the teachers refuse to work with struggling students before and/or after school. As a teacher myself, I find this to be disappointing. I currently have two children attending Oasis. They seem to like the overall school, but they also tell me how some of their teachers go on Facebook and ESPN during classes. I am also extremely disappointed with the school cafeteria. My children refuse to eat the lunch there. The one time in my entire life that I bounced a check, I was immediately sent to collections. (I had accidently grabbed my old checkbook. I understand it was my fault; however, I still can't believe no one called or mailed me to let me clear it up.) I even went down to the district office to try to remedy the situation with the internal auditor, but that was not helpful either. Quite honestly, had I not purchased a house in the neighborhood, I would have moved due to the school. I am hoping things will change soon. I am also disappointed that there isn't a full-day kindergarten program. For this reason, I may enroll my youngest into another district.

Posted June 14, 2013
M This school has become so unorganized and undisciplined since the new principal has been there. She has no control, don't know how she got the job. We are so disappointed in the education our children have received. Our son has struggled in math. We tried to get him help. The teachers response was there was nothing they could do, they said we should seek help elsewhere. We will be looking for a new school for next year.

Posted February 18, 2013
Since the principals have changed I am disappointed in the school. I have tried to be informed and involved with my son's teacher and have had promises but no follow through. We will be going to a different school next year.

Posted August 11, 2011
I researched many schools, private and public, before deciding on Oasis and I have not been disappointed. One of my children attended 7-8 and was in accelerated math and reading and I believe her success in HS and now college is due to her love of school inspired at Oasis by the teachers, staff and community as well as quality education. My youngest has been at Oasis K-5 so far and struggles with academics but has received tutoring and patience from the teachers while being encouraging. She scores well on tests despite her unenthusiastic lack of desire to learn, which proves to me the teachers know what they are doing. I've seen the principal at every after school function-he is very involved in the students. A mom at Sun Valley told me their school went down hill after he moved to Oasis; a testamant to his ability lead.

Oasis Elementary School
7841 W Sweetwater, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Oasis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oasis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top