Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

oasis just seems to get worse by the year. Their programs are completely unorganized and there is an obvious lack of communication between Administration and program leaders. The principal does whatever possible to appease the parent but never really takes care of the actual concern or problem. My child was absent two different times last year for a full week each time and when I ask for makeup work there was none and when he came back to school not only did he not have make-up work but there were no make-up tests as well yet he still received Straight A's and no missed assignments showed up on his grade report which I find strange. I find the teachers to be very rude with the students in addition to lacking classroom management or controlling students negative behaviors.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I think there is an extreme lack of communication and I find that parents are told whatever is needed to get them to walk out with a smile but actions are rarely taken

Develops character: Disagree

I was recently at a choir concert We're The Kids in choir who are waiting to go up and saying we're running in and out of the cafeteria talking throwing stuff and ignoring the teachers. A lot of discipline is handled by insults and embarrassing the students it seems

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I see very little classroom discipline or control which has an effect on what the kids are able to learn and it just seems like a lazy approach is always taken.

Amount of homework: Neutral

There is little to no homework what so ever

I have had three children at Oasis and our family loves this school. My oldest is now in high school but I have a 3rd and 5th grader. The school has great opportunities for the children to be successful. We love the fact that every year the 4th graders go to the Grand Canyon and all the parents go as well. Everyone gets to learn about our state and this National treasure. They also have an amazing drama club. My 5th grader is so excited about the upcoming production. The teachers care about the children and go out of their way to make sure they are successful. The principal is very involved with every student and truly cares about their success. All of my friends who attend Oasis really enjoy school school and we have recommended it to several people.

I just recently had my kindergarten enter this school After two and half weeks I had to withdraw him into another school. It was appalling the lack of safety they showed us toward our 5 year old. His teacher is very sweet and understanding, Ms Ebberhart. I signed my child out for a doctor appointment. I do not know the office staff as this is the first time I sign him out. No one asked for ID I just mentioned first name and kindergarten they than stated his last name for me and I said yes. Than I was told I had to wait in the office because I would disrupt the class if I were to go get him. I was than told a buddy will bring him to the office. I thought to myself a little odd since both children are 5 years old being escorted without an adult for first time being very new into the school. I had an uneasy feeling. I waited out side hidden by a post and watched as my son and the little kindergarten child open the gate to the main parking lot that is faced near the main busy street. I quickly interjected and got my son out of a parking lot with other cars and reached over and opened the gate for the other kids that automatically locked. Very scary as a parent to have your child being locked into a parking lot or wondering a very new school not knowing what to do. Next morning my husband and I met with the prin Gail Miller and expressed our concerns. We were told again moving forward we can not get the child from class and usually there will be an assistant to walk the child to the office for early dismissal. no apology or sympathy and basically stated the standard is on the child to "know how to get around". I'm sorry my son is 5. He just started a new school with new surroundings. How can a child that just started in a school within two weeks know where to go and not to. This is not a safe school. Please parents be advised the principal expects more of your 5 yr old as if the child is an adult. Than instead of trying to remedy or help the parents feel better of their child's safety she makes it a point to state the burden is on the child to know where to go. It is sad that I had to remove my child today but it is for his well being and safety. As I was withdrawing him they gave no interest in asking why I would withdraw him. As I went to get my son the principal signed the paper as I was not there. I got that the principal does not like to be challenged.SHAME

I heard so many good things about Oasis, that I obtained a variance for my son to attend school at Oasis. And then I moved into the neighborhood 2 yrs later, so that we were closer to my son's school & friends. I have even recommended Oasis to a few friends as well. Oasis is a A++++ school.

My husband and I love this school. We have been at Oasis for 2 years and my children love going to school again. I have found the school to be very organized and fully committed to student achievement. My 3 children love going to school everyday. It seems like everyday they are excited about something going on at school. This school does not tolerate any bullying. When it comes to keeping the kids in line, the principal is as tough as nails and yet I've seen her hugging the little ones. She is a very kind lady. The Assistant Principal is very good as well. They make a good team. Other schools could learn from them. All of the teachers seem pretty happy. Parent communication is a high priority. I am glad we found this school.

My family loves this school and all of their teachers. I have a 2nd and 4 th grader and they are thriving at school. We are always kept up to date with information from the principal and we would recommend Oasis to anyone

Last modified Oasis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.