Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Paramount Academy 3

Posted February 09, 2016
My daughter has attended this school for 3 years now. I swear, if it wasn't for the teacher she has this year or the one she had in 1st grade, I would have pulled her out of this school. We were in the Middle of a move to a new home with other personal problems and that also stopped me from switching her so it wouldn't be a hard transition. I am sure the school has more caring staff, but it sure has change. Another thing that shows things have change is that this year, the mornings have turn into a horrible experience for us. I am grateful the school has a 15 min "late free pass window" , but they do not let you use it since their clocks are ahead so what is the point. For example, if it is 8:09 on your phone, smart car's clock, and watch they force the child to get a late pass because on their clock it is 8:16(according to staff). Talking technically, I know that it is after 8, but don't say you have a "15 min window" if the child can't use it. Last, the curriculum has changed too and my daughter instead of going ahead Seems like it is falling behind. She is a very smart girl and has been excelling in school since she was in kindergarten. I was close to giving the school a 2 star rating, but I guess it is not fully there. Maybe they are under a lot of pressure. Who knows. I am grateful my daughter will not return next year since we will seek a new opportunity elsewhere.

Posted January 16, 2015
I moved my son there only a week ago but I'm happy with everything. My son is much happier then where he was! I will rate the school again at the end of the year

Paramount Academy 4

Posted October 13, 2014
As a teacher, I am particular about the education of my children. I enrolled my daughter here for Kinder because she didn't meet the birthday deadline for public school. My plan was to move her during the year or for first grade. However, I wound up moving my son from Country Meadows to Paramount for 7th grade instead. At this school they have high expectations and don't let him get away with giving partial effort. My daughter had a hard time adjusting to being in school last year but has loved it so far this year. I took away a star because there are issues with the specials staff and that concerns me. However, I like the school overall and I believe my students education is better than what I was seeing from the local public school.

Posted June 12, 2014
Well it's summer time and the year is over. My daughter has attended Paramount since Kinder and graduated this year in the top 5 of her class. The teachers helped her with so much over the years that I couldn't have asked for a better school or group of people to be involved in her education. She will miss Paramount a great deal but will forever come back to see the teachers that helped her along the way. I have a huge appreciation for all the staff at Paramount Academy and would recommend this school to anyone that is wanting more than just the average Public School for there children. This is one of the few schools left that offers Music, Drama and PE on a daily basis and I commend that, not to mention the advanced math that my daughter was in and now has a head start in High School because of it. Thank you Paramount Academy staff for taking my daughter to the next level of her life. You will forever be appreciated!!!!

Posted June 01, 2014
I think everyone should pay close attention to the reviews here. Note that the ones that complain the most about the school are complaining because they didn't like the way they were treated by administration or they felt their student shouldn't be held back. Too many schools these days do everything they can to placate the parent, even if it means passing a child who isn't ready or shaping the homework regime or curriculum to a parent's liking. If we really want to go back to education the way "it was in our day" than we need to find schools that will not back down from their standards no matter how much it inconveniences a lazy student or enabling parent. I know that I want my child challenged not babied. Paramount is that type of school. At least is is for my child.

Posted May 31, 2014
I have had 2 students graduate from Paramount. One of them is amazingly smart taking honors classes in high school. The other struggles and works his butt off to make the grade. I don't believe that either of my students would be as successful if they wouldn't have had teachers that care, learned a good work ethic, and been given work at their grade level to challenge them, and kept him motivated. Currently I have one student there. He has an IEP and is in SPED. They work his SPED program around him, offer me information to help him at home throughout the summer, and set him up for success while still challenging him. He has made HUGE progress and keeps getting better. The staff ROCKS!!! This is small school with a high standard for its teachers and that is why it is difficult to find a good fit. Management works hard and is currently putting in a new building. My kids are treated fair, not bullied and if something comes up it is dealt with. Parents need to volunteer more...30 minutes here or there, any time for that matter makes the school stronger and more successful. It provides a way to support the school and instill pride in the students.

Posted April 02, 2014
Can't wait to see the new building. Paramount is adding a new gym with indoor basketball and volleyball with a full stage and new football and soccer field.

Paramount Academy 1

Posted April 01, 2014
This school is so poorly funded. The instructors are quitting left and right. My son lost his PE teacher in the middle of the year twice last year and they would run in grass or play random games with a yard assistant. Drama teacher left,..alot of drama around teachers as well. Most of my neighbors drive kids to schools out of area. no real extra curriculum,..... I am pulling him out this year....looking for better opportunity at a public school.

Posted August 24, 2012
Amazing school way better safer and friendlier than Sun Valley and Country Meadows. I highly recommend Paramount Academy keep up the amazing work

Paramount Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2012
I find it odd that there are so many good reviews about this school. I know that when I pulled my kids out, I was not alone. Several parents I spoke to took their kids out as well. I personally feel that the kids are not being taught at grade level and the administration does not care. It is very sad as paramount was at one time a great school.

Paramount Academy
11039 West Olive Ave, Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Paramount Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.