Peoria, AZ

Paseo Verde Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2014
Academics at this school are great but I feel as if it is almost too focused on test grades. They drill and drill all year for testing because it really matters to this school. If they finish the curriculum before testing they go over it again and again anyways instead of preparing students for next year. Coming from a school that had students learning things from next year the year before I am very disappointed. My child has trouble with academics and needs time to learn things and learning the year before really helped her.

Posted July 31, 2013
The teachers at Paseo Verde are wonderful. My son is entering his third year at this school and his first and second grade teacher were so understanding towards his situation. The principal became actively involved without request in assisting with an ADHD issue I was having with my son. My only request would be to tell the ladies in the front administration office that when they look at you like you have 3 heads.... WE CAN SEE YOU DO IT.... A little more respect from them and this school would be as close to perfect as you can get!!!!!

Posted March 14, 2013
Our son entered this school as an eighth-grader, and we've been pleased with the entire atmosphere. He's receiving a quality education and the teachers are caring and very competent. His fellow classmates have been supportive, and the principal is very hands-on; he was running the audio equipment during the recent talent show, plus, he communicates well with parents and is always available to answer questions. We're glad to have found Paseo Verde and have seen first hand why the students' AIMS scores are so impressive. In addition to the Core subjects, they offer band, choir, art, NJHS, technology that focuses on life careers, Student Council, and a gifted program. Extracurricular activities include a variety of sports and clubs. They have an active PTSO that organizes and runs numerous activities, and each year the students participate in a talent show, a patriotic speech contest, a spelling bee and a geography bee. We give this school two thumbs up.

Posted June 06, 2011
This school is 10 stars we moved here in the middle of the year. My son was in kinder he was not reading, counting very well. I thought he may have a learning disability. well it just took A great school and more then anything A outstanding teacher . What he was struggling with was confidence in his self and she brought that out. With in 4 months my son now reads books writes sentances can do his counting and much more. It is so hard to find teachers that really care these days and I am so greatful for my sons experience here. Thank you

Posted June 21, 2010
My daughter's experience was fantastic at Paseo Verde. She went there from 2008 thru 2010 (7th and 8th grade.) She was the Vice President of the National Junior Honor Society, in Cross County and Track, and on Student Council. She was also in advanced math both years. We loved all of her teachers and coaches. The kids were so welcoming and over all good kids. This school is rated by Arizona as Excelling, and we totally agree. We will have my son go there in a few years for sure!

Posted June 20, 2010
All of my five children have gone here and none have once complained. They all love it, the teachers are helpfull and very attentive and the principal and vice principal do a great job in watching how the school is being run.

Posted April 30, 2009
Great school!!! My son has been going here for 2 years and his dad was the first graduating class! Also if your child is entering 1st grade request Mr. Conway! He is an awesome teacher! All of the staff are extremely positive to work with also and are always there for your help!

Posted February 18, 2009
Love love love this excelling school! All of the staff is wonderful and the curriculum is top notch! the students thrive here and are soo far ahead of other students in the same district. Parents are great and are highly involved. What a fabulous team we have at paseo verde with all of the staff to create such an excelling learning environment for every child! thank you paseo verde for everything you do to provide my child with such an incredibly strong learning environment! you are definitely the best of the best! I wish every school in arizona was comparable to paseo verde! You excell in every way paseo verde!

Posted January 24, 2009
Peoria School District is known for being among the best in the state. We hand-picked Paseo Verde when we were looking for a home in the area because of it's 'Excelling' performance rating. So far we have not been disappointed. Our daughter was in Kindergarten with Mrs. Musselman, and I'm certain that this teacher has made a life-long impression on our daughter. She is now in first grade and is reading above grade level. The school started testing as young as first grade this year for their gifted program so she can continue to progress and not get lazy. They do just as well at making sure nobody falls behind. Many of the children who started the year in the school's PAL reading program have caught up and are now reading with the rest of the class. The only problem I have had has been with the school nurse.

Posted March 03, 2008
This school is #1 in the Peoria Unified District. I have 2 Boys that have attended over the past 6 years. The Principal, Mary Hoefner, runs an excellent program that will be very beneficial to my children in later years. Teachers and Staff are second to none! Great job to all of them! J.G Peoria, AZ

Paseo Verde Elementary School
7880 W Greenway Rd, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Paseo Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paseo Verde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top