Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have taught at Peoria Elementary for the past 3 years. I absolutely love it! We have great administration as well as caring staff members. The front office staff is always friendly and helpful, too. Great school!

We have been with this school for 6 years now and we almost switched schools. New administration that genuinely cares about every child has taken over and has gotten rid of teachers that were just there for a paycheck There is a true sense of community at Peoria Elementary and the teachers welcome me every time I want to check on my child at the school. The school definitely needs more parent involvement and more state funding but there is lots of good happening on campus and we are proud to be a Peoria Elementary family. I recently had my nephews switched from the Dysart district where they were struggling to Peoria Elementary and they are finally thriving educationally speaking.

As a teacher of Peoria Elementary I can honestly say it is an amazing school! The administration is working hard to ensure all of our students are successful as well as the teachers. The teachers use reliable resources, engaging activities, and are very in depth with content knowledge. Most of the students are soaring to success as they help one another. As a mother and a teacher I would absolutely send my child to Peoria Elementary.

The serious lack of communication teacher to parent is sad. We have new principals this year but have yet to see anything. My oldest has some learning problems yet not one single teacher has tried to correct or help him with his spelling. I have said something once before and they just dont care. My youngest has a problem with her teacher. Class size is so large she is constantly screaming and jumpy with everyone..i wish i never moved to the area. Open in rolling is hard but still working on it until we sell and buy.a new house. If you can send your kids else where. Its not fun for kids no matter what the age.

At first I loved this school, that did change fast and really if my schedule would allow I would put them is a neighboring school. You have to make your own log of school work or just throw away at the end of the year teachers always say they never got it. Bulling issues are never addressed, the teachers are the worse at this so watch it! Had to fight for my child to go to next grade due to lazy teachers. I always asked about the grades and what we could do never anything back. 2 months before school is over got a noticed of child failing and no time to fix it. I showed the principal all my emails, I was sided with in the end. Food is gross, they always come home hungry. Stay on your and teachers toes at all times. And don't be afraid to go down in person. They know me by name!

My kids currently attend this school and honestly, I can't wait till I can move! My first grader was seriously being bullied by her teacher on a daily basis. The teacher would make horrible remarks to her, things a first grader would NEVER make up. My daughter was doing really bad in class and having trouble reading and staying "focused". I requested a meeting with both the teacher and principle and during that meeting I asked that my daughter be removed from the class. The principle would not comply Nd basically said my daughter needs to learn to deal. After months of hearing horrible remarks there was one final one that pushed me over the edge and I told the principle he changes her teacher or I will take it up with the school board did he agree to my request. She passed with flying colors And didn't have anymore issues with reading or behavioral. Since I've moved to this school it has been one issue after the other though. I've also had the police called on me for child abuse because my 6year old had bruises on her knees! Really?!?! What 6year old doesn't?!

I am relocating from NY in June 2013. I am considering this school for my 5th grade son. I am trying to decide whether or not to register him here, or try to get him into Park Ridge. Any thoughts?

Hello, My husband and I are buying a house within walkin distance from this school. My son is currently in Deervalley School District right now and is doing very well. He is quick leaner and is in an excellarating 6th grade level in reading, math and vocabulary. He is in the 5th grade getting ready to move on to 6th grade? Is their a program for kids that need that to be more challenged?

Send your student someplace else, get a variance, do whatever you can, my child had a learning disability, it was not caught, no intervention from staff, and was simply passed on". Overall I do not recommend this school to any parent which cares about their child s education. Watch your child s AIMS scores and what tests they were given! They will thank you later!

The staff and teachers care about the students and show respect to them and parents.

Last modified Peoria Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.