Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

The administrators and teachers are genuinely concerned about student development and character. Students are taught good character traits.

Peoria high school has a great tradition of school pride and academics. Their sports teams, especially their football team are a great source of pride, fellowship and school spirit. The teachers are caring and foster academic growth in students.

My children were at this school 2013/2014 school year and I am pulling them out and taking to a charter school instead. In this past school year there has been favoritism shown by a teacher that was left completely unchecked and a student lived with another teacher apart from parents. That student was given teacher online access to student grades and allowed to do things other students weren't. It was a complete blurring of authority. My child was at the mercy of another student's approval for grades but the system was not set up in a way to protect my child. There is a building set up with security guards for teens to take classes that have been expelled in the past. I am concerned for the learning environment my children are in and as a result I am pulling them out of Peoria high school. I do not recommend this school. If you have a choice and can go to a different district I would.

This school is horrible! Nobody here wants to excel at anything, everyone gossips, even the teachers and staff, and there are a lot of disrespectful people that go here. The atmosphere isn't very positive. There are a lot of fights, and there are not very many people here that have any morals or values. This school is ghetto-like, because of the way that people here act. There are a few good teachers at this school, but they don't encourage anyone to do above average. If you have a child and want what's in their best interest, don't let them go to this school. My experience going to this school was awful.

WHO'S HOUSE!?!? CAT'S HOUSE!!! AAAAAHHH!!!! my freshman year i went to two different schools. Carl Hayden && Copper Canyon.. BUT then i moved to PHS and thats were i spent the last 3 AMAZING years of my high school life... and i LOOOOOOOVED IT! every bit of it..! they help you out SO much and all there electives are WONDERFUL at helping with ur future career. theres so much LOVE at the school, we're all practically family PHS school spirit is THE BEST with clubs, sports, and classes. you really feel like the teachers care, i couldn't have picked a better school to graduate from. ONCE A PANTHER..**ALWAYS** A PANTHER

Wow. What a horrid disappointment this school is. My grand daughter went here, and when they moved to a different district, they found out just how poorly PHS is really performing. The staff convince the kids to get all their electives out of the way as soon as possible. Leaving NO room to catch up if anything happens. Shame on PHS. Too bad I can't give this school negative stars.

I graduated from Peoria High School. I thought it was an amazing school and I still think it is an amazing school. I like the idea of students being able to pick and choose their own schedule. It helps with the idea of independences and decision making, which really helps in the real world and for college. And even if the students are making poor choices, they still have their councilors there to make sure they stay on the right path. The traditions held at PHS is really what makes it Peoria High School, and what makes us all come back for the football games and other activities. If it were not for Marching Band, I would not have all the wonderful memories that I do have from my high school days. It really is a wonderful school.

Tradition, Tradition, Tradition! All my kids love it as did I! I am a former Peoria High student as well as my children have either graduated, still attend and are future Panthers!!!

Im currently attending Peoria High School and i think it is a wonderful school. The teachers really do care for the students and try their hardest to help my peers understand the lesson. When your a part of a sport or a club you really do feel like your a part of a family (even though thats sounds extremely corny). There are amazing electives and plenty of honors and AP classes and im blessed to be attending such a great school. PHS 2012!!!!

i was going to dysart high school. it was ok, but then i moved to peoria high. there is a huge difference they have alot of elective classes, and that will help you in the future the people there are always in a good mood, the teachers are real cool there, and they are crazy when it comes to sports! and as u see the comments below peoria is a good choice of a high school

Last modified Peoria High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.