Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Santa Fe Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2016
My daughter attend preschool for 2 years with Mrs. Rivera and Mrs. Trejo and my daughter loves them! They are pretty amazing, they really care about there students and my daughter has learned so much! I can't wait for Kindergarten I really hope the teachers are a lot like these two!

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 22, 2015
No kids get preferential treatment, it's fair for everyone. The teachers and principals care about the kids.

Posted October 22, 2015
I just had my parent-teacher conference last week. The teacher gave me a lot of information about my son's grades and explained them. She answered all my questions and really showed that she knows what she's doing. It's her first year at Santa Fe and they are lucky to have her.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 13, 2015
Mr. S and Senora Fort are great with the students and are an asset to the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 13, 2015
Most of the teachers are new this year. Most of the good teachers left last year. The first-grade and second-grade teachers in the Spanish Immersion are terrible this year. One of the second-grade teachers said she doesn't have time to grade homework. This is sad because when I was in school my teachers actually taught and graded papers. Public school have gotten worse in my area and I wish I could afford private school for my children.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
The teachers tell students to stop tattling on students that are bullying other students. The bullying at this school has gotten worse.

Santa Fe Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2015
Most of the teachers are new this year. The Kindergarten teachers ( Mr. S and Senora Fort) are great, but the first-grade and second-grade teachers are terrible this year. This school was highly spoken about years ago, and it had gone down hill since. I'm looing for a new school for my children for next school year. The school changed their parent pick up just last week and it is a nightmare for pick up parents. I have overheard several parents talking and they also plan to change schools next year.

Posted December 01, 2014
The one thing that makes this school special is their Spanish immersion program. It starts from K - 8th grade where every day children get 1/2 lessons in Spanish. We do not speak Spanish at home, but all studies show bi-lingual children out perform English only children by 3rd grade and beyond in English, and earlier in Math. Not all children are in the bilingual program, about 50% of the school. I have been concerned about the Math scores from this school in general, and this year the principle has allowed about 6 kids in 3rd grade bilingual studies to advance to the 4th grade math class taught in Spanish due to their advanced math abilities. The principal, Mr. Miller, is very proactive, and trying to make the school better anytime he can. This was an experiment that will likely continue now due to the success it has shown in my child, and the others. I plan to work with the school for next school year 2015-2016 to start an after-school math-Jr FLL Robotics program as a volunteer parent under the guidance of a school teacher. This could really start changing the game equation for this school!

Posted July 27, 2013
Love this school! My daughter started last year in the Spanish Immersion program. My youngest gets to start this year. Mr. S and Senora Forte are fabulous! They are wonderful and encouraging teachers. The nurse and staff have been a tremendous support system with my daughters' recent diagnosis and associated lifestyle change as a type 1 diabetic. They are a great group of people. I look forward to my girls growing with this school. I appreciate the genuine concern and attention to care for the students. Thank you Santa Fe staff!!!

Posted February 25, 2010
My son is a kindergartener here at this school in the Spanish Immersion Program. We love the principal who really seems to love the students and care about the school. Every afternoon, he is out in the parent pick up line greeting students and parents and directing traffic. My son says the principal regularly talks to the students and visits the classrooms. My son is extremely happy here and his Spanish is impressive. The school has fun family activities scheduled throughout the year and the teachers have really been working to make this school one of the best in the district. We are an out of district family and it was a difficult decision for us to decide which school our son should attend. We are extremely happy with our decision.

9880 N 77th Ave, Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Santa Fe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.