Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Sundance Elementary School 5

Posted March 30, 2016
Sundance has a great staff that cares about students and the community. We are blessed to have had wonderful teachers who have high expectations and who take care of the children. Mrs. Cheche is an amazing kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Kiefer is wonderful in first grade, and there are so many more teachers who work hard to educate my children. Thank you to Mrs. Silva and Mrs. Liefer for helping to resolve problems that arised with other students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 09, 2016
Mrs. Ricelli is AMAZING!! She actually understands kids and cares about their success. Simply wonderful!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted February 09, 2016
To survive the bullying the administration tolerates they have to or they will be eaten alive.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 09, 2016
Administration cares NOTHING for students. The teachers are great but can only do so much with a hostile administration.

Sundance Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2015
Sadly, my two kids have gone here both since kindergarten spanning over 12 years. It used to be a sought after school until Ms. Silva stepped in as principle. She and my child's teacher don't offer any extra outside services or help, in fact they make the situations worse! My child instead feels trapped and not happy and thriving. They like to punish good kids to get them out of their hair by sending them to the principles office to shame them. The teachers have all been there since it opened its doors and all gossip too much to the point where you don't want to walk in the office or support the school at anymore events. The office staff are all too nosey and seem unhappy. It's pretty bad when they both ask you what to do when they are the ones with the degrees? You're kids are just a number here for the state and district and barely getting by to get an A rating...... Do your research before sending them here. I have many friends that are teachers and would prefer to be on a high end waiting list than place their children here!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
The kids learn what they see. This is what ive shown my kids at home because they dont see it much in school. My daughter was just bullied yesterday, and nothing was done. Three boys around her and nothing done.

Sundance Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2015
Ever since they changed principal to Mrs. Silva, ALOT has gone down hill. She likes to put the responsibility of an issue on someone else. I had issues with there not being a crosswalk on one side of the school. Kids and parents were almost getting hit daily! She did nothing. Not a sign- not anything. I had to go to the city council person to get any results. I had issues with one teacher. Out of ALL the teachers mykids have had thru the years at sundance... just one was myproblem. COme to find out alot of other parents have complained about her too. Yelling, and not being able to connect with the kids. Shes just doesnt have patience you need...she's been teaching a while, perhaps burnt out cause I heard she was good at one point like 20 yrs ago.....NOthing has been done. I can only be glad my daughter doesnt have her anymore, and she is successfully learning and THRIVING with her new teacher. She's even being tested for gifted now that she has a teacher willing to actually teach her and work with her. There are some BAD seeds in the bunch at this school. The thing is, they are friends with the good ones so the good ones wont say anything bad about them. I've chaperoned nearly everyone of BOTH my kids fields trips. I've done math nights, pizza nights, and I've supported my school. NOW, when I go to drop my kids off at 7:58 and the crossing guards shoo my kids into the office for a late pass is when I call it! My kids have been late twice this week. I'm sick, i'm having issues- whatever. So I have no problem signing them in late if they are LATE. The gate was still open and even another mom next to me said "it's not 8am yet..." when they made her go to the office too. Certain people at this school just like to off their bad days on other people, I guess. I complained to the principal who wanted to say cause I didnt hear an 8am bell that it had already rung. No, I didnt hear it while I was in my car parking so I can go sign my kids in. No excuses for bad staff behavior, just fix it. Say sorry, but actually do something about it. Why is everything something I have to handle? A principal should be concerned if people are almost getting run over daily. A principal should be concerned about MULTIPLE complaints about a teacher. A principal should be happy kids are there by 8am to learn. 8AM! Other issues, but it wont let me type anymore!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mrs. Riccelli and Mrs. Gragnano truly help children succeed and grow. They are the epitome of what any parent would want or hope for their children. The have the patience and compassion to work with the most difficult students and get results. My daughter went from barely writing her name to now, getting tested for gifted. THAT is what difference a GOOD solid teacher can make. If I could keep them for both my kids I would. All I can do is sing their praises cause they deserve it. There are not many teachers that have what they do. Tolerance and love towards children- even the difficult ones.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 18, 2015
Again, there are bad seeds in this bunch of teachers. I can point out one in particular that is burnt out and needs to retire. Funny how ALL of their other teachers, I got along fine with. Absolutely fine. Ive chaperoned every field trip since theyve both been in school except one. So I've had time to get to know the teachers. I've spent time at the school helping out in my kids classes reading and helping with events. I know what I'm talking about- plain and simple. There are people that should be teaching or working with kids and there are ones that shouldnt. EVERYTIME I've had another parent complain to me about a teacher at the school- it's the SAME ONE. She a kindergarten teacher too...did some first grade and moved back to kinder. That's when my daughter had her. Worst teacher ever. Worse than any teacher I MYSELF have ever had either.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
Kids have homework everyday but friday. Makes sense. I would be worried if they didnt have any.

7051 W Cholla St., Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Sundance Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.