Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Sundance has a great staff that cares about students and the community. We are blessed to have had wonderful teachers who have high expectations and who take care of the children. Mrs. Cheche is an amazing kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Kiefer is wonderful in first grade, and there are so many more teachers who work hard to educate my children. Thank you to Mrs. Silva and Mrs. Liefer for helping to resolve problems that arised with other students.

Develops character: Disagree

Administration cares NOTHING for students. The teachers are great but can only do so much with a hostile administration.

Sadly, my two kids have gone here both since kindergarten spanning over 12 years. It used to be a sought after school until Ms. Silva stepped in as principle. She and my child's teacher don't offer any extra outside services or help, in fact they make the situations worse! My child instead feels trapped and not happy and thriving. They like to punish good kids to get them out of their hair by sending them to the principles office to shame them. The teachers have all been there since it opened its doors and all gossip too much to the point where you don't want to walk in the office or support the school at anymore events. The office staff are all too nosey and seem unhappy. It's pretty bad when they both ask you what to do when they are the ones with the degrees? You're kids are just a number here for the state and district and barely getting by to get an A rating...... Do your research before sending them here. I have many friends that are teachers and would prefer to be on a high end waiting list than place their children here!

Ever since they changed principal to Mrs. Silva, ALOT has gone down hill. She likes to put the responsibility of an issue on someone else. I had issues with there not being a crosswalk on one side of the school. Kids and parents were almost getting hit daily! She did nothing. Not a sign- not anything. I had to go to the city council person to get any results. I had issues with one teacher. Out of ALL the teachers mykids have had thru the years at sundance... just one was myproblem. COme to find out alot of other parents have complained about her too. Yelling, and not being able to connect with the kids. Shes just doesnt have patience you need...she's been teaching a while, perhaps burnt out cause I heard she was good at one point like 20 yrs ago.....NOthing has been done. I can only be glad my daughter doesnt have her anymore, and she is successfully learning and THRIVING with her new teacher. She's even being tested for gifted now that she has a teacher willing to actually teach her and work with her. There are some BAD seeds in the bunch at this school. The thing is, they are friends with the good ones so the good ones wont say anything bad about them. I've chaperoned nearly everyone of BOTH my kids fields trips. I've done math nights, pizza nights, and I've supported my school. NOW, when I go to drop my kids off at 7:58 and the crossing guards shoo my kids into the office for a late pass is when I call it! My kids have been late twice this week. I'm sick, i'm having issues- whatever. So I have no problem signing them in late if they are LATE. The gate was still open and even another mom next to me said "it's not 8am yet..." when they made her go to the office too. Certain people at this school just like to off their bad days on other people, I guess. I complained to the principal who wanted to say cause I didnt hear an 8am bell that it had already rung. No, I didnt hear it while I was in my car parking so I can go sign my kids in. No excuses for bad staff behavior, just fix it. Say sorry, but actually do something about it. Why is everything something I have to handle? A principal should be concerned if people are almost getting run over daily. A principal should be concerned about MULTIPLE complaints about a teacher. A principal should be happy kids are there by 8am to learn. 8AM! Other issues, but it wont let me type anymore!!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Again, there are bad seeds in this bunch of teachers. I can point out one in particular that is burnt out and needs to retire. Funny how ALL of their other teachers, I got along fine with. Absolutely fine. Ive chaperoned every field trip since theyve both been in school except one. So I've had time to get to know the teachers. I've spent time at the school helping out in my kids classes reading and helping with events. I know what I'm talking about- plain and simple. There are people that should be teaching or working with kids and there are ones that shouldnt. EVERYTIME I've had another parent complain to me about a teacher at the school- it's the SAME ONE. She a kindergarten teacher too...did some first grade and moved back to kinder. That's when my daughter had her. Worst teacher ever. Worse than any teacher I MYSELF have ever had either.

Amount of homework: Agree

Kids have homework everyday but friday. Makes sense. I would be worried if they didnt have any.

Develops character: Disagree

They need to have good enough teachers to cultivate that. There are quite a few bad seeds at this school and I dont mean the students

I think this school has to be one of the best schools in the area. I would recommend. Both of my girls go here.

I am so frustrated by Sundance school. Today my child received a negative for getting a drink of water and not following the 4th grade social contract! I have seen a huge drop in the culture of the school. Up until this year, my child has had great teachers and a positive experience at Sundance, however this year there is constant yelling, loss of learning time and ridiculous behavior management protocol that does not allow for a child's simple basic needs such as water. I have already registered my child at a new school, as we will not be returning to Sundance. So sad over this fact since my child was a baby I told her that is going to be your school....not anymore!

I would like to THANK everyone at Sundance Elementry. I moved to the area in 2007, since the school is so close my kids walk there. I have seen the difference in my sons grades. And the most important thing is that teachers and staff members are always very happy to help with any problem or issue. At one time I was thinking of moving closer to my parents home to save money, and my boys cried and did not want to move out of thier school. Since thier grades and the the school is in such a good area I decided to cancel my move out and keep them at Sundace. Thanks, to all from Gonzalez-Perez and Garcia Family:)

Last modified Sundance Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.