Peoria, AZ

Posted February 07, 2012
I would like to THANK everyone at Sundance Elementry. I moved to the area in 2007, since the school is so close my kids walk there. I have seen the difference in my sons grades. And the most important thing is that teachers and staff members are always very happy to help with any problem or issue. At one time I was thinking of moving closer to my parents home to save money, and my boys cried and did not want to move out of thier school. Since thier grades and the the school is in such a good area I decided to cancel my move out and keep them at Sundace. Thanks, to all from Gonzalez-Perez and Garcia Family:)

Sundance Elementary School 3

Posted January 22, 2012
I had 2 children here and I pulled them out. The teachers are fantastic and the newest principle Ms McIntosh is very pleasant, however, the newest assistant principle Ms Maas is untolerable and makes everything difficult. I've tried to discuss concerns with her and she is rude and blew me off. After dealing with her, I pulled my kids and put them in Santa Fe which so far seems to be a much better school all around with alot more activities and an extremely wonderful staff.

Posted November 17, 2011
My 3 children now go to Sundance & they love it! I have a son in 2nd grade,a daughter in 4th, and another son in 8th grade and they have only positive things to say about this school and the teachers!!! We came from Desert Palms and were very unhappy :( there! Now my children love school again!!! This school does so much for the students and I am just happy my kids have pride in their school now!!! thank you to all the teachers and staff. YOU ROCK!!! -From> The Holguin Family

Posted November 17, 2011
We Love Sundance. We love Mrs. Leonard, Mrs. Kennedy, Mrs. Maltose, and Mrs. Houston!!!! You are GREAT!!!!!!

Posted August 31, 2011
I love SUNDANCE! I have a 2 children in the school, and I have had nothing but awesome experiences with the teachers, office staff, and principals. Yes, they have changed principals a few times in the last 3 years, but I hope the new one, Mrs. Debbie McIntosh, is here to stay because she seems to have a real vision for the school and cares about the performance of students on all grade levels. My only 2 complaints is that I wish the kids had a little longer for lunch, especially Kinder and 1st grade, because I have heard many complaints from the kids (not just mine) that they don't have enough time to finish their lunch. When they are little they are still getting the hang of it, give them at least 5 extra minutes. Also, I think the campus is a little too open, inviting possibly unwanted people. I think they should close all the gates around the school once school has started, and don't open them until school gets out. Also, the P.E. teacher Ms. Kathy Derr is NOT NICE. She yells a lot and is quite intimidating, and I think it's a little unnecessary. I think you can be firm but not be scary.

Posted May 12, 2011
My daughter goes to preschool here at Sundance and I LOVE IT! the teacher Ms. Kupec and asst teacher Ms.Vega are so patient and undertsanding. I am surprised on how much my daughte has learned in such as small amount of time . Shes learned how to write her first and last name. she knows the phonic word sounds and even knows basic math ! Let me remond u my daughte is 4! Also they have a very nice community and a family based community. They even have activies for families such as their "family fun night" . I cant wait til she starts kinder next year!

Posted October 29, 2010
My daughter has attended this school for 3 years and while there has been a lot of changes in those three years with administration and teachers my daughter has not been directly affected by the change. My daughter has had a positive experience at this school and has thrived with the education she has received. I am not crazy about the large class sizes, but I suppose that is the norm for public schools these days. I like the fact that everyone I have dealt with at the school has been very receptive to me and has always been very professional and attentive to my requests and my daughters needs.

Sundance Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted July 23, 2009
My daughter and son both attended Sundance and went on to do well at Centennial. The teachers have always been caring and friendly. If I had one complaint, it would be the computer system used to update parents as to their children's grades or 'missing' homework. I often got notice that my kids were 'missing' work that was in fact turned in. The same system sends out a notice showing a poor grade where no work has been graded because the value of a test gets entered before the grade.

Posted June 18, 2009
Mrs. Horbeek and Mr. Duguid are the best principles I have seen in my daughters school career. The whole school atmosphere positive and encouraging.

Sundance Elementary School
7051 W Cholla St., Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Sundance Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sundance Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top