Public charter
Peoria, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 13, 2012
Our kid enjoyed this school and the excellent staff who knew our entire family by name. For several months I picked up and dopped of my kid, and I don't remember ever seeing any problems with other parents, teachers, or the kids. There was a lot of leniency with homework, which I appreciated. The other students were all very well behaved, and I never heard of any problems on the bus or playground. Family atmosphere & great field trips. Some of their teachers moved on though, and they were short-staffed for a while. Our child couldn't handle computer-based learning in the higher grades, so we moved on too.

Posted April 18, 2011
I totally disagree with the November posting. This school treats every single student wonderfully. The school does not allow bullying at all. The school just doesn't put up with it. For that I'm thankful. Our previous school had so much bullying in it that my children came home afraid every day. Now, my kids come home happy. Thanks Redwood!

Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary 1

Posted November 17, 2010
very uncaring and unsymphathetic to my child, awful awful school....my son went thru so much.

Posted October 12, 2007
I remember struggling with where to send our son to school for kindergarten. There were many things for us to consider. This is now our son's second year and we could not be happier! Our son loves school!! Redwood has a family atmosphere that is refreshing. Everyone knows and looks out for one another. Every student that we have seen walks with their head up and with an air of confidence not normally seen. This is something that you cannot measure by test scores. The teachers are outstanding!! They are very good at working with the individual student. This is why Redwood is now a Performing Plus school. What more could you ask for in a school?

Posted August 28, 2007
What a great school. I love the high parental involvement and the many great teachers. It's great to have a school so close by that maintains that small town feel. The student to teacher ratio is wonderful. I couldn't have found a better school that fits both me as a involved parent and my child.

Posted October 20, 2006
This school has helped my children out of their shells. My son hates public schools. I also have a high school student and her class is great. She loves it and the small class size. My son's class has 12 kids vs. public 33 kids. See another eason charters are better. More one on one with the kids.

Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary 4

Posted September 19, 2006

Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary 4

Posted June 27, 2005
Very nice school, alot of one on one teaching, they have great teachers that are willing to help children understand and work problems out

Posted June 15, 2005
My child started at the bottom of his class and with in a year was at the top. This really is a good school. Small and homey feeling. They make you feel like family there.

Posted May 04, 2005
I continue to be impressed with how well my boy are progressing at this school. Reading, Math, Writing, Social Skills, and Science. I would like to see more extracurricular activities, like music. Good parental support from other parents for fund raising activities and for making Redwood a fun place to learn. Most other students are respectfull. Love the uniform idea. Would like to see a bigger more traditional campus. 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade teacher are golden apple aware winners. I have yet to regret a day that my children are students at Redwood. Great School!

Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary
16454 N. 28th Ave., Peoria, AZ  85048
Last modified Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top