Bad
Good

Our kid enjoyed this school and the excellent staff who knew our entire family by name. For several months I picked up and dopped of my kid, and I don't remember ever seeing any problems with other parents, teachers, or the kids. There was a lot of leniency with homework, which I appreciated. The other students were all very well behaved, and I never heard of any problems on the bus or playground. Family atmosphere & great field trips. Some of their teachers moved on though, and they were short-staffed for a while. Our child couldn't handle computer-based learning in the higher grades, so we moved on too.

I totally disagree with the November posting. This school treats every single student wonderfully. The school does not allow bullying at all. The school just doesn't put up with it. For that I'm thankful. Our previous school had so much bullying in it that my children came home afraid every day. Now, my kids come home happy. Thanks Redwood!

very uncaring and unsymphathetic to my child, awful awful school....my son went thru so much.

I remember struggling with where to send our son to school for kindergarten. There were many things for us to consider. This is now our son's second year and we could not be happier! Our son loves school!! Redwood has a family atmosphere that is refreshing. Everyone knows and looks out for one another. Every student that we have seen walks with their head up and with an air of confidence not normally seen. This is something that you cannot measure by test scores. The teachers are outstanding!! They are very good at working with the individual student. This is why Redwood is now a Performing Plus school. What more could you ask for in a school?

What a great school. I love the high parental involvement and the many great teachers. It's great to have a school so close by that maintains that small town feel. The student to teacher ratio is wonderful. I couldn't have found a better school that fits both me as a involved parent and my child.

This school has helped my children out of their shells. My son hates public schools. I also have a high school student and her class is great. She loves it and the small class size. My son's class has 12 kids vs. public 33 kids. See another eason charters are better. More one on one with the kids.

Last modified Sequoia Redwood ACAA Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.