PK-8 & Ungraded
Peoria, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,145

Posted August 27, 2014
My daughter started kindergarten at Country Meadows this year. It's not even a full month into the school year and I am already pulling her out. She has an IEP for speach and yesterday she was placed on the wrong bus home. I was never informed by the school about what was going on, it was my 13 year old son that contacted me. When I got to the front office I could hear one of the office staff telling to assure me that everything was fine and they had finally found her on a different bus. I was very upset I began to yell when they had a police officer approach me to tell me there were laws against my behavior. My response was what about the lsws against loosing a child. Not once did we receive an apology for what happened and the follow up phone call I was supposed to receive from her teacher (the one who put her on the wrong bus in the first place) never came. The response I got from the the staff and principal was well these things happen. My child wasn't the only one put on the wrong bus that day. If you aren't concerned with the safety of your child by all means Country Meadows is the school for you.

Posted August 14, 2014
I find it very difficult to give this school, Country Meadows Elementary, any star rating. My student was treated very poorly. For my student it began on meet the teacher, then when school started the teacher was very mean and uncaring toward my student. She was even rude to myself at parent teacher conference. When the teacher started to ignore notes from my students doctor, I brought this to the principles attention, and when the teacher was spoken too, things got worse for my student. My student had to see the doctor more often then normal. My student ended up developing severe stomach issues. I ended up removing my student from this school, it's a shame when a student is told they are not allowed to go to the nurse and then the student gets sick in the trash can and in front of all to see. Also I didn't realize that a student of age 11 is able to sign a legal document from the truancy officer without a parent present. If that's the case what do you need a for, why not just let the student sign all paperwork and make all of their own decisions, if they can sign a paper that gives them a juvenile record what do they need parents for?

Posted September 10, 2013
This school is helpful and on top of things. My son is enrolled this year. He is starting 4th grade. His is special needs and the teachers are very helpful and adaptable.

Country Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted January 15, 2013
This is an awesome school All of the staff has been wonderful. Thank u Country Meadows for all ur staff and everything they do.

Posted November 01, 2012
Run do not walk your children away from this school. If you ask around to other schools in the area, or do your research you will find this school has a horrible track record of unsatisfied parents, bullying, and outright lack of education or proper administration period.

Country Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted September 08, 2012
My experience with Country Meadows Elementary School has been excellent! Every staff member I have encountered, especially the principals and office staff, have been wonderfully supportive and genuinely caring about the academic and personal success of their students. Their commitment to improvement and the overall quality of their school environment has been inspiring and I look eagerly forward to all future collaborations!

Posted October 07, 2011
My daughter started attending country meadows in kinder and is now in the 2nd grade. I heard some not so nice things about the school but decided that I would see for myself if I like the school. Obviosly it's going well because my daughter is still attending! There is always room for improvement but my daughter has been blessed with amazing teachers like mrs. Miller and as long as that continues I will keep her here!

Country Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2011
I hate to rate this so low. The teachers have been great. But It seems my child is not being challenged at all. I know what my child is capable of, but I am not sure that the teachers are prepared to really push the children. For example, there should be a lot more science and technology taught, this could help improve math scores. I am not a teacher.. But I know that for a fact. The homework that my child brings home...really only takes 2 minutes to complete. And its with very little help. I know my child can do more, and would if challenged. I am giving the teacher a few months to notice my child's strength, if I don't see progression, I will need to take him from this school, and try another school. Especially in science and technology. My child wants to be a scientist, and I want to do what I can as a parent to aid that. Again, the teachers are nice, and so is the staff. But I don't think the quality of education is where it needs to be. One year, they didn't even send homework home, because they were trying to cut cost by not printing as much paper.... All I could really say is...seriously? I can send paper. I really don't want to transfer my child, but may need to.

Posted July 08, 2010
My daughter has attended Country Meadows for the last 7 years. I know a majority of the staff there personally, and I can honestly say that they are some of the most dedicated, hardworking individuals I have ever met. They truly care about all the students that attend this school. Having said that, Country Meadows houses one of the largest student populations in the state (I believe they are #2). Its large school status presents a unique set of challenges that other schools don't have. This coupled with the fact that many students who attend Country Meadows come from low socioeconomic levels, may contribute to the school recieving the derogatory label "Country Ghettos". I believe this is an unfair characterization of the wonderful staff and students. My suggestion is GET INVOLVED! Become part of the solution, not the problem. Build up instead of tearing down. Isn't your child's education worth It?

Posted May 17, 2010
This school has excellent teachers and know how to teach. I loved when i went there. I'd recomment this school to anyone.

Country Meadows Elementary School
8409 N. 111th Ave., Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Country Meadows Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Meadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top