PK-8 & Ungraded
Peoria, AZ

Posted January 14, 2015
I have two kids and this is our third year at Terramar, we came from another local school where we had a horrible experience. I have been over joyed with most of the teachers here. I also love how I can be involved with my children's classes and unlike the other school these teachers and the staff LOVE to have help. It has been nice to be able to see my kids in the middle of the day weather it in the class room or on the playground. I am also very happy with the caring and safe environment. It is great to have qualified teachers not only for regular classes but also for Art and Music, having a Library with a Librarian who really knows her books has been a great bonus. Class sizes are smaller then our other school, each class gets to go to more then just one field trip a year. Overall I have been both amazed and blessed to be apart of this school

Posted January 14, 2015
Terramar is named Academy of the Arts for a reason! Tracy Grace works with the kids to make unbelievable projects that become forever keepsakes! The band program is one of the best in the state! Recently, Mrs. Hutson was honored with Highest Distinction for Advanced Band and was invited to play for AMEA. Our PE Teachers (Mr. Smith and Mrs. Potts) make PE fun by planning various activities that are fun and not just exercise! In addition, our Music and Choir Teachers (Mrs. Lowe and Ms. Clyde), work diligently on our play and kids are given the opportunity to act and sing in front of their peers and family. We have one of the few programs in the state that does this at the Elementary Level. Danielle Kasten runs the SAGE Program which is a program for gifted children She brings the children out of their comfort zone and every year they put on the "Wax Museum" where kids research a character and they come to life! We have been here for 8 years and have gotten to know the staff personally and they are a part of my family. Honestly, I could talk about so many staff members and teachers! We are blessed to be a part of this community and I wouldn't want my kids to be any other place!

Posted January 16, 2014
I think the pre-school program here is high quality and is really helping my son. The teachers and therapists seem to really care about the kids and making a difference for them.

Posted November 10, 2012
this school is good because i am going here and it is my last year at terramar elementary school.

Terramar Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2012
This school is not that great.. I think that the staff does not watch these kids like they should. They over react to everything! Whenever there is an incident they never have any information and no one ever "saw the whole thing"! I am seriously considering taking my child to another school.

Posted June 26, 2012
My son started at Terramar as a preschooler and is now going into the first grade. The teachers he's had so far have been teriffic! Very energetic and engaging with the kids. They communicate well with parents and encourage parent involvement. They tailor the curriculum for all learning abilities. The special ed services (speech and OT) are really good. My son has advanced so much with the added help. He's only 6 and already learning the core values of leadership, honesty, community service. Best of all, he loves going to school every day and learning. The before/after school program is also top notch.

Posted December 06, 2011
Terramar is like a second home for my child. She loves going to school there. The teachers go out of their way to make her feel special and help to make each child's learning individualized. Also, their Academy of the Arts program has allowed her to learn so many new things about artists and her music potential.

Posted December 06, 2011
The teachers that my kids have had are very open to my communication and get back to me right away when I have questions. I do wish the district would bring over advance social studies and science. I don't think it is fair to have some schools that got it and others that didn't. I think the majority of teachers at Terramar are very caring and work very hard. I like all the programs that are available for the students to participate in after school. Also, the music and art teachers are fantastic! The PTSA is a great team, but there is not very much parent support at Terramar.

Posted December 06, 2011
I have 2 children at Terramar. They are both Honor Roll students and participate in band and athletics. The administration and teachers are all involved in the learning and extracurricular activities. I would definitely recommend Terrmar as an academic environment. The field trips are amazing! Especially the 5th & 6th grade trips.

Posted December 06, 2011
I love Terramar School. My child's teacher and the staff of the school do an outstanding job communicating my child's learning and the happenings/events of the community. I am excited about the Arts Academy. The teachers are true professionals and the administration is supportive of focused learning and the opportunities provided by the Academy.

Terramar Elementary School
7000 W. Happy Valley Rd., Peoria, AZ  85383
Last modified Terramar Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terramar Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top