Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted February 17, 2016
Our son was an early entry into Kindergarten during the 2015-2016 school year. We were very nervous about where to send him, as this was our first child being sent to school and we were new to the community in general. I will say from a community perspective, enrolling our son at West Wing was 100% the right choice. We have met so many great neighbors and been able to feel at home in our new community. The principal, Dr. Price-Barry, answered all of my nervous emails and invited me in for a tour even before school opened their doors for the school year. Because our son was not 5 on Aug 31st, we had to have him tested for early entry and it was a last minute decision on whether to send him early or not. I applaud Dr. Price-Barry's sincerity and flexibility to accommodate us. Over the course of the year our son has excelled and has been outperforming the set metrics for the curriculum. The staff, from his teacher all the way to the principal, recognized this and called it to our attention. Furthermore, they have built in specific goals and criteria for his level of reading and math skills. A HUGE kudos to the team, especially Ms. VandeBerg. The school is also very present and active in the community which I appreciate as a resident. It is great to see what this school is doing for past, present and future students within their reach. I look forward to sending our other child there in a few years when he is of age for kindergarten and watching the two of them do great things at West Wing.

Posted February 12, 2016
Choosing the right school for our daughter was very important. We interviewed several schools in the area including charter and private schools. West Wing was a perfect fit for us. They offered a well rounded curriculum and everyone we talked to was very informative, caring, and had a smile on their face. It was an environment that we trusted and felt very comfortable leaving our daughter at everyday! Every teacher we had was amazing and provided the highest level of education. The Second Grade teachers have a special place in our heart. They worked so well together and their passion for teaching was truly incredible. Having a special group of people working here, has made West Wing a GREAT school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 11, 2016
Kathi Swingle is truly amazing! She is a dedicated, hard-working and compassionate teacher, and her students are lucky to have her!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 11, 2016
Character counts! Every quarter teachers celebrate student achievements at an assembly. While honor roll and principals list are part of the assembly, so is character. One student is selected by each teacher for demonstrating a trait like honesty or integrity.

Posted February 11, 2016
West Wing has an excellent team of teachers, administrators, and support staff that are committed to the success of the students.

Posted September 28, 2015
West Wing School offers the entire package for students and families. While providing excellent instruction they also go above and beyond and really care for kids.

Posted August 04, 2015
My oldest daughter was in the first kindergarten class when West Wing opened and just promoted from 8th grade this past May. Her younger sister and my nieces all go there as well and we couldn't be happier. Dr Price-Barry and all of the staff are awesome and are wonderful partners to help our girls learn and grow into wonderful young ladies. We are so blessed to have this school in our neighborhood and will forever be thankful for the time and love the staff has given our girls. They have helped prepare my daughter to be successful in High School and I am confident they will do the same for her sister.

Posted June 18, 2015
West Wing has been a great school for all four of our children. From the front office staff to the teachers and administration, everyone is kind and welcoming. Our children have varying abilities, ranging from gifted to needing the assistance of the reading specialist. There are some absolutely amazing, top-notch teachers at this school. As an educator in a neighboring district, I appreciate that the principal holds her staff to high standards as it ultimately benefits students. She makes herself available to parents and it’s my belief that her special-education background allows her to connect with all students on campus. This school has a great choir, band, and art program. My only wish is the sports program started before seventh grade, but that’s DVUSD, not West Wing. Overall, we’re very happy with this school and feel our children are receiving a great education that’s preparing them for high school.

Posted June 03, 2015
We have been a part of the West Wing community for the past 7 years. We have been pleased with our son's amazing outcomes not only academically but in his behavior and maturity. We appreciate the communication from the teachers and administration. We are pleased with the gifted program that allows our son to be challenged in his academics. The warmth shown to our son as he has worked hard on his behaviors has been appreciated. We are thankful to the schools offering of specials such as music, art and PE. These aspects of the school have made our sons education so much more well rounded as a student.

West Wing Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2015
This school unfortunately does not meet the mark with me, and I am regretful that I have to leave one star at all. My son has been attending since we moved in the neighborhood in the beginning of his 7th grade year and the kids that attend with him are; for lack of a better term, complete and utter bullies. If there is an altercation they sign agreements not to talk to the other student, which is a ridiculous punishment for a child. Most of these kids are "privileged" and have zero regard for others and are pretty vicious to any they feel might be "beneath" them. Sadly, because the boundaries are so narrow and most kids walk to and from, all of the kids know where everyone lives. We have fallen victim to many instances of TP'ing as well as our breaker box being tampered with. My son is made fun of for being Jewish and the VP's "solution" to that is to have "sensitivity talks" with the bigots that target him. The school claims to have no tolerance for bullying but I'm unsure what the metrics of those standards are. It happens frequently to a lot of students and it's above the norm in comparison to any other school my son has attended.

26716 N High Desert Drive, Peoria, AZ  85383
Last modified West Wing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.