Peoria, AZ

Posted October 04, 2014
Apache Elementary is a great school. We have two children here who have been attending Apache for over 3 years at this point. Their teachers have been excellent, both in the regular classroom and for their specials. They've been able to study strings, which many schools don't offer. The PTSO gets the community involved and supports important projects that couldn't otherwise get funded. The administration and support staff keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes. But the main draw is the teachers: professional, inspiring, dedicated, effective. Our kids like it here and we feel like they're getting what they need, including specialized support for their individual needs. Thank you, Apache!

Apache Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2014
Both of my sons attended Apache Elem. since starting kindergarten. We(they) had an extremely pleasant experience and were pleased with the high quality of education they received. The teachers are beyond dedicated professionals; often the parking lot remaining full long after school hours have ended. The administration is always willing to listen to parents, are always looking for ways to improve educational experiences in the classroom, and attend to every detail (even improving drop-off/dismissal procedures). The front office staff are always extremely friendly and drop everything they are doing to help whomever walks through the front doors. The support staff, cafeteria staff, and custodial staff make each child feel loved and supported. This is an excellent school, with a fabulous staff, that provides a quality educational experience! We feel fortunate to have had our children attend Apache!

Posted May 21, 2014
Great school, great administration and great teachers. However the front office needs to be more friendly and welcoming.many times we stayed at the counter and are not even acknowledged. They always seem to be too busy on the computers .We really miss Mrs. Powers and Mrs. Cline.

Posted July 29, 2013
I found the remark about Mrs. Cohensitt so opposite of my feelings. She is very caring and very much active with the school as a whole. She always has such a positive demeanor that it's a pleasure to meet up with her. Not all teachers who move from grade level to grade level are inferior. Many times it's their dedication and willingness to change that makes for a move. They are the cooperative ones.

Posted May 23, 2013
Excellent school with high expectations for student achievement. The gifted program here is top notch. Caring and supportive school administration with highly qualified teachers. Students excel at this school.

Apache Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2013
I have had my daughter here since kindergarten and couldn't be happier with the education and office staff. Now that the gifted academy is here the education has only improved. Ms Caine is a highly effective principal and compared to other schools in the area the socioeconomic level at Apache is lower and yet education quality is good although it lacks a bit of the polish and pizazz of other schools in the district. I feel Apache has a more community and parent teacher bond than some of the other schools and gladly exchange this for newer buildings and more ammenities.

Posted March 29, 2012
Apache elementary is a decent school but nothing special. When we first moved to the area, we bought our home specifically for the Peoria schools because we wanted our children to have a good, solid education. Sadly, we should have researched Apache more than we did. For years, it was managed by Principal Larry Brodie and I use 'managed' loosely. I'm not quite sure what qualified a former band teacher to become principal but the lack of quality scores and ratings for Apache makes that apparent. The new principal (Ms. Caine) seems to be much better and I'm hopeful my last child's last couple of years will be better. Luckily I already have one in high school or I might have moved schools all together. Ms. Batts, Ms. Coleman, Ms. Knapp, Mr. Oden, Ms. Henninger and Ms. Cosey are all fantastic teachers -- my children have had all of them and they're just great. Mr. Repak is a joke and a sad excuse for an education professional. Ms. Cohensitt has taught just about every grade there is -- again, a sad excuse. Please do kids a favor and STOP moving ineffective teachers from grade to grade. Hold them accountable. FIRE them if needed and bring in effective teachers!

Posted January 28, 2012
My kids have been going to Apache for Six-Years. We have love our Teachers. They have been friendly, and willing to talk about my child when I have had a concern. We especially enjoyed having our Kindergarden, Second, and Third-Grade teachers. They have gone above and beyond their kids in the class.

Posted August 25, 2010
The best school, by far. I've had the BEST experience here. I met the nicest friends ever. The teachers weren't always the nicest, but they got through the job quickly. My math teacher easily gave us lessons we literally learned in five minutes. The best! (By the way, when your child is in 5th grade, they get to go to Outdoor Education, or camping. Don't worry, it isn't as bad as I thought.)

Posted May 28, 2008
I could not be happier with the way this year has gone. My son had Ms Ferguson for 1rst grade, and i can truely say that she made all the difference. Im excited to see what next year will bring!

Apache Elementary School
8633 W. John Cabot Road, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Apache Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apache Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top