Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

It's a student friendly school. Overall a great learning environment. Teachers are absolutely instrumental to helping my daughter reach her best potentials academically.

Great school. Tough curriculum students actually have to work for grades. Teachers hold each student responsible for their grades!

Apache is a really wholesome, friendly and warm environment. My children, who are now 12 and 10 have been going there since pre-k (when they had it). Many of the teachers and staff go out of their way to connect on a real personal level with the students. They put in a lot of extra hours for the children as well. The curriculum is not necessarily something I can hold the school responsible for entirely as it falls upon the district to perfect that. Many of the teachers do a great job of putting a unique spin to keep the kids' interest. There has always been a lot of open communication between the administration, parents and teachers.

Apache Elementary is a great school. We have two children here who have been attending Apache for over 3 years at this point. Their teachers have been excellent, both in the regular classroom and for their specials. They've been able to study strings, which many schools don't offer. The PTSO gets the community involved and supports important projects that couldn't otherwise get funded. The administration and support staff keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes. But the main draw is the teachers: professional, inspiring, dedicated, effective. Our kids like it here and we feel like they're getting what they need, including specialized support for their individual needs. Thank you, Apache!

Both of my sons attended Apache Elem. since starting kindergarten. We(they) had an extremely pleasant experience and were pleased with the high quality of education they received. The teachers are beyond dedicated professionals; often the parking lot remaining full long after school hours have ended. The administration is always willing to listen to parents, are always looking for ways to improve educational experiences in the classroom, and attend to every detail (even improving drop-off/dismissal procedures). The front office staff are always extremely friendly and drop everything they are doing to help whomever walks through the front doors. The support staff, cafeteria staff, and custodial staff make each child feel loved and supported. This is an excellent school, with a fabulous staff, that provides a quality educational experience! We feel fortunate to have had our children attend Apache!

Great school, great administration and great teachers. However the front office needs to be more friendly and welcoming.many times we stayed at the counter and are not even acknowledged. They always seem to be too busy on the computers .We really miss Mrs. Powers and Mrs. Cline.

I found the remark about Mrs. Cohensitt so opposite of my feelings. She is very caring and very much active with the school as a whole. She always has such a positive demeanor that it's a pleasure to meet up with her. Not all teachers who move from grade level to grade level are inferior. Many times it's their dedication and willingness to change that makes for a move. They are the cooperative ones.

Excellent school with high expectations for student achievement. The gifted program here is top notch. Caring and supportive school administration with highly qualified teachers. Students excel at this school.

I have had my daughter here since kindergarten and couldn't be happier with the education and office staff. Now that the gifted academy is here the education has only improved. Ms Caine is a highly effective principal and compared to other schools in the area the socioeconomic level at Apache is lower and yet education quality is good although it lacks a bit of the polish and pizazz of other schools in the district. I feel Apache has a more community and parent teacher bond than some of the other schools and gladly exchange this for newer buildings and more ammenities.

Apache elementary is a decent school but nothing special. When we first moved to the area, we bought our home specifically for the Peoria schools because we wanted our children to have a good, solid education. Sadly, we should have researched Apache more than we did. For years, it was managed by Principal Larry Brodie and I use 'managed' loosely. I'm not quite sure what qualified a former band teacher to become principal but the lack of quality scores and ratings for Apache makes that apparent. The new principal (Ms. Caine) seems to be much better and I'm hopeful my last child's last couple of years will be better. Luckily I already have one in high school or I might have moved schools all together. Ms. Batts, Ms. Coleman, Ms. Knapp, Mr. Oden, Ms. Henninger and Ms. Cosey are all fantastic teachers -- my children have had all of them and they're just great. Mr. Repak is a joke and a sad excuse for an education professional. Ms. Cohensitt has taught just about every grade there is -- again, a sad excuse. Please do kids a favor and STOP moving ineffective teachers from grade to grade. Hold them accountable. FIRE them if needed and bring in effective teachers!

Last modified Apache Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.