Centennial High School

Public | 9-12

Posted October 24, 2007

I think Centennial is a great school. We intentionally moved into the district so that my children could attend this school. I have one graduated in 07, and one Junior and one Freshman. The teachers are great. There's a lot of school spirit. And I love using the ISIS program to stay informed.

Posted September 24, 2007

At first the school seemed amazingly great in quality and the overall involvement of the principals, teachers and parents. But soon after enrolling, I was seeing different. The administration still refuses to step in with the continuation of the problem with harassment, phone calls, and bullying. This is all why I am transferring to Cactus High School next semester.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 26, 2006

Overall I think this is an average school. I have had several challenges, only one that has had resolution. The Admin Staff are happy to help but have terrible follow-up. The teachers my son has this year are 50/50. Some should retire as I think they have past their prime! I have one more son that will attend high school in several years, I will see how the next two years pan-out before I determine his enrollment. I will continue to stay involved with my Sophomore to ensure he gets all he can out of this experience. The 'Online' needs to be more user friendly. I would like to see upcoming activities my son can get involved in.

Posted December 16, 2006

Centennial's teachers and staff made my freshman child's transition into high school seamless. The teachers and staff are very courteous and helpful, easily accessible to students and parents when questions or issues arise. It is obvious that most of the students come from families who value education. My daughter is only half way through her first year, she has already finished an entire block of foreign language and math, she will have earned college credits by the time she graduates. The dance program is amazing, the physical education program is excellent - kids actually learn how to stay healthy, not just square-dancing and dodgeball anymore!

Posted November 14, 2006

This is one of the worst schools in the PUSD District. The level of safety for the students has gone down.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 2, 2006

Administrators and few teachers care about the students success. I will not be sending my youngest child to this school. We will be going with a private school to avoid this school

Posted July 29, 2006

Both of my children attended Centennial for all 4 yrs. I could not be more pleased with the number of extracurricular activities available, the caring/involved staff & advanced academic options. By the time my daughter graduated, she had 9 college credits...all were available through programs on Centennial's campus. The environment is clean, safe & acedemically oriented. In 2006, all Seniors passed the AIMS requirements. As a matter of fact, we specifically moved to Peoria so that our children could attend HS @ Centennial after being in a private school for K-8. We were able to observe the school for a total of 6 yrs between 2000-2006 & we were not disappointed, or concerned, in any way during all that time. Send your children to this school with confidence!!!

Posted June 24, 2006

Centennial High is the best high school around. The teachers are caring, the administration is at the top of the scale and the classes are wonderful. One of the area's that we are involved with and couldn't ask for a better teacher or group of students. We traveled to California with over 100 students and has the best 3 days. Each child brings a joy in thier own way to the Band. We are very proud of our son and the fact that he's in the Marching Band and Symphonic Band. We only have two more years with him and we are looking foward to each one, and then looking forward to 4 more years after that when our daughter joins this school and Band. We have two boys who have graduated Centennialmboth on a great path to secure their own lives because of the education from Centennial.

Posted February 12, 2006

This school has excellent academic programs. They have numerous extracurricular activities for the students to choose from. The Parents are very involved at this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 26, 2005

We had a serious issue with a certain teacher. Although we had excellent teachers in the past, this was not one of them. After bringing our concerns, the school principal took charge and found answers. We could not be more pleased.

Posted September 13, 2005

Centennial requires 28 creidits to graduate as opposed to the state requiring only 20 credits. The extra classes are electives, not core curriculum. The graduation rate remains high because of the 'No child left behind' policy.

Posted August 23, 2005

My oldest daughter went to Centennial all four years and did great and graduated. My other daughter went there her freshman year and then we moved so she was unable to go there. She is now a senior and wants to return but is unable to due to they will not grant her a variance. I would be very happy if she could return there. She and I both have been unhappy with the other schools she has attended. They do not compare!

Posted April 5, 2005

My daughter (a sophomore this year) has had great teachers, which has resulted in her solid 4.0 GPA. Although the school is growing, the staff and administration are working very hard to accommodate the needs of all students. Centennial offers several accelerated classes and encourages opportunities to all students. Online communication (ISIS) showing daily class information/school activities/your child's transcript, etc. is absolutely invaluable to parents who work long hours and can't make school meetings, etc.

Posted January 19, 2005

Our sons are out of the Peoria district and have attended Centennial all four years. We have been very happy with the staff and student involvement. The school is a safe and positive enviroment where my teens are encouraged to succeed.

Posted September 11, 2004

This school is a great one. I see a lot of kids exceed here.

Posted May 20, 2004

Centennial has proven to have good, caring teachers for my child. Her experience there was a good one.

Posted June 9, 2003

I have now had 2 children graduate from this school and have seen this school decline from the time my first child entered in her freshman year in the fall of 1997 until my last one graduated in May of 2003. This school has a lot of caring people and great potential, it's too bad that the bar is slipping and it's not the superior school that it once was.

Posted March 31, 2003

I am very disappointed with this school and it's policies. This is my childrens first year as freshmen coming from the Gilbert School District and I wish we hadn't have moved.

Posted October 15, 2002

centennial high school is The BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

491 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

501 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

498 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 26%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Swimming pool

Fax number
  • (623) 412-4420

• Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator