Bad
Good

Posted January 30, 2015
This school is a fantastic example of great leadership, strong direction, academic excellence, sports and arts and student engagement. Everyone involved understands the meaning of Honor the Code. On and off the field, in the classroom, the hallways and the common areas. We are proud to send our kids to the school and to support their programs.

Posted September 16, 2013
I love my school, it's so full of spirit & everyone works so hard to teach "Coyote Pride". The football games are a blast & there are lots of clubs to choose from. :) I'm a freshman, but I've already started to love my school. The Honors & AIM Program Classes are challenging & interesting, and the teachers always help you when you need it. The only thing I would change is the huge fuss some teachers make about covering your straps. I don't think they cause any disruption, but I see girls wearing super short shorts around and they don't say anything. Other than that I love it, and I can't wait to see Homecoming Week's decorations & everything (:

Posted July 21, 2013
Before the school won three state football championships, I would have told you it was one of the best schools in the state. Since that time one of the coaches has become the president of the Peoria school board. Sports have taken priority over academics. Avoid this entire district.

Centennial High School 4

Posted January 14, 2013
To the parent relocating from NY to AZ - We have our teenagers on a variance attending Centennial HS. They have been @ CeHS for two years and have had a wonderful experience. While no school is perfect, we have found that this HS does have exceptional school spirit, there are teachers who are passionate about teaching and there are good and bad counselors. I would highly recommend this HS. As far as the elementary schools you questioned, I am not familiar with either. Good luck!

Centennial High School 3

Posted January 05, 2013
I am relocating from NY to AZ in June of 2013. The house I am looking at is in this district. I have two boys that would be going to this HS. Is it as good as these rating say? Any thoughts? Also, my little one would be slotted for Peoria Elementary. Is that any good? I saw better reviews for Park Ridge. Any thought?

Posted October 07, 2012
i have been going to this school since 9th grade, i am now a senior, this school is one of the worst i've ever been too, the teachers/staff don't care. They're rude and disrespectful and don't care about the students. they do not inforce bullying policies or any policies for that matter. i would not recomend this school

Posted September 02, 2011
I love Centennial! I am a freshman here and it's amazing. The school spirit is wonderful, everybody loves it here, and the teachers/faculty are great. As far as I can see, there is no bullying and most people just mind their own business. The entire school gets decorated on Fridays for Varsity football games. The games are fun, too! I've been to every freshman and varsity game and we've won all of them so far(: All of the athletics and facilities are great, and the same for academics. I'm taking all honors classes and the teachers are great. If you are looking for a school to send your child to, I would definitely recommend Centennial, whether you're looking for athletics or academics. Go Coyotes!!

Posted August 23, 2011
I AGREE I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE COUNSELING DEPARTMENT. I ASKED FOR GUIDANCE IN ORDER TO GET MY DAUGHTER READY FOR HONORS CLASSES AND THE COUNSELOR ACTED LIKE SHE WAS NOT INTERESTED. IT'S REALLY DISAPPOINTING WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO HELP YOUR CHILDREN GET PREPARED FOR COLLEGE AND THE COUNSELOR OFFERS NO GUIDANCE OR ENTHUSIASM.

Posted August 18, 2011
I am so dissapointed in this school. The counseling department is a huge dissapointment. It seems they only help the students that are in sports or really high acheivers. Therre is alck of leadership under this current prinipal. my husband and I are both teachers and are just so dissapointed on how the "average" students get treated. The head of the math department should be fired! My daughter and her friends over heard one of the math teachers calling her students "her little retards" She was teaching a year long math class. so inappropriate and unprofessional.

Posted August 11, 2011
Centennial offered exceptional educational and social experiences for my daughter. Drama and Band provided to be positive influences in her life and I'm sad to hear the band instructor is being replaced with someone part time. He had great camaraderie with the students genuinely enjoyed his job and was committed to the students. I was impressed with all of her teachers at Centennial. I know she got a quality education that will aid her at NAU this year.

Centennial High School
14388 N 79th Av, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top