Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 19, 2016
More a "no thanks". I love to see the stats on how successful your students are in college and in their adult life.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2016
As long as your at the football games they are satisfied. Other than that not really. So little academic pushed in this school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2016
The competition at this school is so harsh. This school is so full of so many mean kids, usually the athletes. This school is known as the party school in the Peoria school district and has been that way for about 15 years now.

Posted August 19, 2016
We have kids in two different schools. Both same grade. Two go to Centennial. The quality of school work is grades behind at Centennial. This school is so sports driven and only sports driven. It does not offer the same opportunities that other schools do for academics and dual enrollment. My children at the other HS will be more prepared for college then those at Centennial. Years from now we will have real data, but for now this school is last on my list.

Centennial High School 5

Posted January 30, 2015
This school is a fantastic example of great leadership, strong direction, academic excellence, sports and arts and student engagement. Everyone involved understands the meaning of Honor the Code. On and off the field, in the classroom, the hallways and the common areas. We are proud to send our kids to the school and to support their programs.

Centennial High School 5

Posted September 16, 2013
I love my school, it's so full of spirit & everyone works so hard to teach "Coyote Pride". The football games are a blast & there are lots of clubs to choose from. :) I'm a freshman, but I've already started to love my school. The Honors & AIM Program Classes are challenging & interesting, and the teachers always help you when you need it. The only thing I would change is the huge fuss some teachers make about covering your straps. I don't think they cause any disruption, but I see girls wearing super short shorts around and they don't say anything. Other than that I love it, and I can't wait to see Homecoming Week's decorations & everything (:

Posted July 21, 2013
Before the school won three state football championships, I would have told you it was one of the best schools in the state. Since that time one of the coaches has become the president of the Peoria school board. Sports have taken priority over academics. Avoid this entire district.

Centennial High School 4

Posted January 14, 2013
To the parent relocating from NY to AZ - We have our teenagers on a variance attending Centennial HS. They have been @ CeHS for two years and have had a wonderful experience. While no school is perfect, we have found that this HS does have exceptional school spirit, there are teachers who are passionate about teaching and there are good and bad counselors. I would highly recommend this HS. As far as the elementary schools you questioned, I am not familiar with either. Good luck!

Centennial High School 3

Posted January 05, 2013
I am relocating from NY to AZ in June of 2013. The house I am looking at is in this district. I have two boys that would be going to this HS. Is it as good as these rating say? Any thoughts? Also, my little one would be slotted for Peoria Elementary. Is that any good? I saw better reviews for Park Ridge. Any thought?

Posted October 07, 2012
i have been going to this school since 9th grade, i am now a senior, this school is one of the worst i've ever been too, the teachers/staff don't care. They're rude and disrespectful and don't care about the students. they do not inforce bullying policies or any policies for that matter. i would not recomend this school

14388 North 79th Av, Peoria, AZ  85381
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.