Peoria, AZ

Posted August 05, 2014
My children have attended Cheyenne for seven years now and I have seen different changes take place. The new principal and vice principal are enthusiastic and encourage great communication. The teachers are amazing and positive. It's a great place now for both the teachers and the students. Great things happening!

Posted April 30, 2014
My grandson loves Cheyenne Elementary School in the Peoria Unified School District, and has nothing but great things to say about his teachers and classmates. Cheyenne Elementary is a very great school in my opinion.

Posted April 29, 2014
My son has been going to Cheyenne for 2 years now and I am very disappointed that Great Schools rates this school a 5. I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences. Although my son is only in second grade, both the teachers he has had have been AMAZING. My one disappointment would be that PUSD changed their gifted program, but I am beyond thankful for the teachers who recognize when a child needs to be challenged and give the needed attention. On a side note, my son also attends the AM/PM program and even though teachers have come and gone, they have all been extremely kind and patient.

Cheyenne Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
It would be a GREAT improvement if the principal would interact and agree to meetings with parents. It is awful that I have to deal with continued ignorance with many involved with claimed "good character" as the motto of this school. what a travesty. I am sorry they are making money to treat children this way. My hard earned money, so sad !!!! I was forced to give a star, I would rather not.

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter has attended Cheyene Elementary for the past 4 years and has been involved in the crosscountry team and has learned to play the trumpet in band class for the last 2 years .my wife and i are very happy to attend school activities such as athletic events, music recitles and the father daughter dance. The teachers are A+ the faculty and staff are alwaysvery helpful with any concerns we might have. My daughter is now finishing the 5th grade and i will have another daughter attending in three years. thank you for all your support

Posted July 06, 2011
I feel that it is extremely unfair for this site to allow parents to use teacher's names either in a positive or negative manner. This site is allowing for one point of view without considering the other side. I have read a particular post and KNOW FOR SURE that it is a one sided view. Please consider revising your site. Teachers who are awesome and totally care about each and every one of their students are getting torn apart by parents who have no clue.

Cheyenne Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2011
Where to start. Wow. We thought this was a good school. My Son, Daughter-In-Law and Grandchildren moved to my home due to financial reasons. The youngest qualified for the gifted program in another district. Her teacher, at Cheyenne, simply said "Oh. We have an Over-Achiever." WHAT? So, the child's test scores were totally ignored, and she was driven to boredom. In my opinion, this particular 1st Grade teacher is an Under-Achiever, and the school and district should get failing marks for allowing such a teacher to squash a child's learning ability like that and also ignoring the child's test scores. Shame on them, and I hope she does not have the chance to squash any other children and their learning.

Posted October 25, 2010
This school has gone beyond any expectation I had for helping my son to succeed in school.

Posted October 13, 2010
Both of my grandchildren have excelled in this atmosphere of great teachers and stimulated their minds to learn and have fun in the process. Administration is very caring and always there to help in any situation.

Cheyenne Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
I am very happy with Cheyenne Elementary, my son graduated from from there in 09 and I have a daughter that will graduate in 2013. They have recieved great education as well as treatment by all staff.

Cheyenne Elementary School
11806 N. 87th Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Cheyenne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheyenne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top