Public charter
Peoria, AZ

Copper Canyon Academy 2

Posted January 08, 2013
This is the first year my children go to this school. I think this school is a diamond in the rough. But, the problems are sooooooooooo great here. No discipline and the teachers have to spend most of their time trying to control the class. The kids do not get a good education. No gifted program or nothing to challenge our kids. The cafteria food is very bad and cold most the time. I hope they can turn this school around.

Copper Canyon Academy 1

Posted December 20, 2012
Hi, I am currently going to this school. I am in 6th grade. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL! This is one of the schools that bad children go to. The teachers are stressed trying to make them behave. THEY NEVER DO! I feel I don't get the proper education. If it wasn't for me going to Benchmark, I would have flunked 7th grade at another school. The teachers are are nice but are concentrated on trying to control the kids. I'm sure I'm not going here next year.

Copper Canyon Academy 4

Posted October 30, 2010
I am currently a sophomore at Desert Pointe Academy ( DPA ) But I have been going to CCA & DPA since the 3rd grade. I love the atmostphere especially. Why? The teachers are always there when you have a question. Always helping. The office staff are amazing. They updated my parents on a daily bases or when nessecary. Being a 10th grader my teachers are great. I was afraid of starting high school they made my freshman year back very good. When I transfered to a public school, i did NOT get the One on One attention I needed. But at DPA the teachers help you every step of the way. I recommend this school not just to catch up but to meet new people and focus on school more. :)

Copper Canyon Academy

Posted January 16, 2010
I currently have 3 children attending this school. All of their teachers are wonderful and truly care about the children and the school. The sports program is taking off, but I am very unhappy that there is no art program to speak of. I worry about discipline in the upper grades. It is now mid January and no field trips yet. There is a lot of fund raising for charities, which is nice, but I wonder if the money would be better spent on the school itself. I have to agree that Admin and Office Staff could be friendlier. And, the school lunch program needs serious updating- they are always seriously off in their calculations, and need to get on board with MyLunchMoney.com or something similar. I also wish they would keep their website up to date. But, with all that said, the teaching staff makes this school worth it.

Posted August 28, 2009
My nieces go to this school. I wish I had known about this school when my kids were growing up. The teachers are caring and attentive to all the children. It's a great school.

Posted July 30, 2009
My son has been attending CCA since kindergarten. He's going into the 3rd grade this year. I love the small class sizes and the friendly atmosphere. The teacher's give the attention each individual child needs and I couldn't ask for more.

Posted November 01, 2008
i have just entered this school and i love it i am in the 6 grade and it is a great school

Copper Canyon Academy 3

Posted August 04, 2008
I had a hard time rating this school because I have 2 different experiences. The school was a lot of fun for one of my sons and they're working really hard at getting extra curricular programs going. He seemed to do fine here. On the other hand, my other son had a really hard time there. He is an ADHD child and the teachers and staff were horrible at working with him and never gave me any updates until it was too late for him to catch up and correct any issues he had. So if you have an average child or even above average- give it a try, but if you have a child that needs special attention, don't even bother.

Copper Canyon Academy 3

Posted June 15, 2008
I had 2 children attend this school and they learned a lot in their math, spanish, and art courses, in which they excelled repeatedly. Some of the staff where always willing to help my children. The principal that retired was one of the most prepared and well respected there. The newest principal that just joined the staff in 2006 didnt really help the school any. The year he joined the staff the school took a turn for the worst.

Posted June 11, 2008
This school is great. My daughter has been going since 1st grade and loves it. They provide the attention she needs and she has experienced no bad issues here with either the teachers, staff, or other students. The Principle and Director are always available when I need them and are happy to assist me. The PTO was excellent this year. Her teacher always kept me well informed of her progress and how much she loved having her in her class.

Copper Canyon Academy
7785 W. Peoria Ave, Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Copper Canyon Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Canyon Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top