Cotton Boll School

Public | PK-8 | 905 students

Posted April 27, 2012

Our son started attending Cotton Boll in early 2012 after we moved from CA to AZ. We'd been very fortunate in CA to have been in a highly desired, exceptional school district, but I can honestly say that I'm more impressed with Cotton Boll than with the school in CA. As soon as we stepped onto the Cotton Boll campus we could tell that the school is a great place. All of the staff are helpful, friendly, informed and clearly care very much about the students. My son's teacher, Mrs. Wallander, specialist, Ms. Brown, and the many others at the school who I've interacted with are fantastic. We couldn't be happier with the school overall and the learning and support our son has received there. As another reviewer mentioned, this school is a "best kept secret".

Posted May 19, 2011

This school is Peoria's best kept secret. I'm almost afraid to submit this review because I want to keep this secret all to myself. You have never come across more charismatic teachers in all your life. They truly CARE about your child. How many people can say that about a school? Especially when most schools are becoming more about "test scores, test scores, test scores." This is a school that wants to better our children for their future, not for a test score. Thank you Cotton Boll teachers and staff for showing me that there are still schools out there who care for our children and their future.

Posted May 11, 2011

The only thing that my third grader learned this year was to be afraid of his teacher. I tried to bring it up to the principal and he to just tried to blame my child and that he could do nothing. My child has special needs and they did not even seem to care. The teacher would even say my child is lazy and that he will never be tops academicly in front of him. I am so glad we are moving.

Posted October 3, 2009

The Cotton Boll staff are some of the greatest Teachers and Administrators in the USA. Given a really tough job, they strive every day to give to their students the best education that is available.

Posted September 17, 2009

I went there and so did my son and many of his cousins! It's a great school with great teachers

Posted August 12, 2009

Dear Parents and Staff, I would like to share with you that I was about to take my daughter out of Cotton Boll due to concerns with the quality of education. After looking at test scores and other areas, I was very concerned as to how my daughter would be challenged and the quality of her education. I decided to be very honest with her teacher and talked about my concerns. Her teacher assured me that the children were the most important and teaching was his passion. He gave me examples and reassured me that he would be challenging my daughter. My daughter has been blessed with very good teachers at Cotton Boll.....Mrs. Quintana, Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Pease and now Mr. Lemster. Mr. Lemster/s professionalism and caring attitude convinced me to give Cotton Boll another year. I would once again state: Teachers can be very important role models!

Posted August 5, 2009

The administration at this school rocks! Teachers care, the extracurricular activities are great and my kids are thriving. Mr. Lemster, Mrs. Curtis, Mrs. Lavendar....you're the best!

Posted July 27, 2009

Cotton Boll Elementary administration, front office, and teachers are not only well informed but go the extra mile in helping. Test scores, as performing plus rating, does not do the school just for what a great place it truly is & felt on the campus.

Posted July 11, 2009

My kids were having problems at previous schools. They love this school and are doing well. They have great teachers. The previous school they said my youngest might be learning disabled. This school has turned him around and he now gets B's and I can tell he is learning a lot more.

Posted May 27, 2009

My son has been in this school for 4 years he began with the head start program and pre-school ,kinder and he just finish his first garde I love his school I could not be more happy my son is reading so fluently his teachers have been amazing especially Ms.Wallender shes is an amazing teacher the staff in the front office are so nice and the ladys in the cafeteria are very nice I cant even expalin how happy I am that my son attends this school .

Posted March 3, 2009

Excellent Teachers. My children are very happy and is progressing very well academically. There are many extra programs available for all the students and it seems that the teachers really care about children and doing their jobsI have had my kids at another school and they have done much better here!!!!

Posted March 3, 2009

My third child will soon be promoted from Cotton Boll. We have had a child at the school for 16 years. I couldn't ask for a better school. The staff and teachers are wonderful! They work with you and go the extra mile for the students!

Posted March 3, 2009

I have two children that attend this school and I am very happy with the education they are receiving at Cotton Boll. The K- 5 teachers my children have had were all excellent at giving my children the skills they needed to succeed in their future years. At the same time the teachers truly cared about each child and made school and learning fun. I would highly recommend Cotton Boll to anyone.

Posted February 28, 2009

Excellent Teachers. My child is very happy and is progressing very well academically. There are many extra programs available for all the students and it seems that the teachers really care about children and doing their jobs.

Posted February 27, 2009

Posted February 27, 2009

Cotton Boll is an Excellent School. My son is currently attending and has been for the past 3 years. He spend time with intelligent and caring teachers who are always concerned about his wellfare and education. I work in the Peoria Unified School District and would be able to have my son attend any number of elementary schools in the area. I could not select a better school and would not find a more professional or caring staff.

Posted November 1, 2008

this school is not one of my favorites i had a hard time speaking to the teachers sence 6 to 7 and the principal is hard to speak to.

Posted June 8, 2007

I'm uncertain about Cotton Boll. I think the principal is really good, including the assistant principals, and I've talked to all of them. Its the teachers I question. They seem to spend more time yelling at children than actually teaching them. My children have only been there for a year, but I wasn't pleased. I heard many times that Peoria was a good school district for the West Valley, but I can't see that with Cotton Boll. Last year, they went to Heritage, and that was better. The teachers AND children were much more communicative. If I don't decide to move my children, I hope this next years proves better.

Posted February 9, 2007

Overall I think Cotton Boll is a great school. As you can see from the demographics there is a large population of non-English speaking students. My kids have complained often about not being able to move on with their classes because the other students do not understand.

Posted October 30, 2006

My two children have attended Cotton Boll for the last four years. I think Dave Snyder, the Principal is wonderful. He has gone out of his way to help my son through a difficult time. The counselor we worked with was Ms. Neely I wish she was still at Cotton Boll, but at least we know we can call Mr. Snyder is we need any assistance.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 56%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 412-4705

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now