Rancho Solano Prepatory School - Hillcrest Campus

Private | PK-8 | 325 students

Student diversity

Living in Peoria

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $232,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted January 23, 2014

Rancho Solano has been rude and disrespectful to parents that only want the nest education possible for our children. They closed the Missouri Campus, they are closing the Hillcrest Campus and they will eventually close the Greenway campus. Read their annual report. Their bonds have been downgraded and their msg to investors is that they will recover financially through long term tuition increases. The increases are mean to correct their own poor mangement decisions. Send your children to another school and avoid the problems we are experiencing. Waitlists at charter schools are closed...other private schools are a minimum of 20 miles away. My children are crying due to the uncertainty of where they will be next year, lost friendships and because the two second grade classes are down from 32 to 19 children. This is a PR disaster and MERITAS is an accident waiting to happen. The closing of our Hillcrest campus is just the beginning. Choose a school that cares more for its students/parents and has a better chance at long term stability.

Posted January 9, 2014

when we received notice that the campus was closing for the 2015 school year., we are devastetedWe are a part of Rancho family for last 10 years and we are totally SHATTERED They are in a so called NOBEL PROFESSION . It is not a grocery store that then can decide to close its door all of a sudden. Our kids future is dependent on this school. If we wanted to go to any of the charter school, we could have gone back couple of years back..... they cannot leave us in the middle of nowhere... (surrounded by public and charter school ) which we decided not to choose for our kids. The thought of losing the wonderful teachers, nurse and office staff is killing to us and our kids for whom this is their second home and non of us had a good night sleep since monday. Yesterday, the Management was saying that we have option of charter school here then my request to them is please return my $200 k which I have given to Rancho for sending 2 of my kids for the last 10 years..........I didn't not spend the money on the school for this day that when my kids are going thru the teen years , i send them to an unfamiliar territory of public/charter school........

Posted January 8, 2014

We have loved that our son has been a part of RS for 7 years. The teachers and staff there have been outstanding and we have been happy with his education through the years. Unfortunately, in the past few years, RS has had some major turnover in leadership and it has really taken a toll on the direction that RS is headed. RS has a new "crown jewel" campus over in Scottsdale (Ventura). They have poured all of their focus and effort into making this school a success at the cost to the other locations and the students. My feeling is that they are having issues because this large school was built just as the economy went down and now they are suffering and having to consolidate to remain viable. The leaders of RS paint a glamorous picture of what they stand for and how great they would be for your child, please be careful, it is all just smoke and mirrors. I feel like RS is now being run by Bernie Madoff and the Ponzi scheme is falling apart. We were just notified that they will be closing the Hillcrest location at the end of the year. They are offered free busing to Ventura for the first year (gee thanks) along with about a 35% hike in tuition. I WOULD LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!

Posted January 8, 2014

I agree with the prior 2 comments. We have had a great experience for many years. We were all shocked when they sent an EMAIL the morning of the day just prior to the start of the new and last semester that Hillcrest is closing. They waited until AFTER the open enrollment period for all the charter schools, the other private schools in the area, as to lock in your child to be bused to the Greenway campus 20 miles away with a 40% hike in tuition next year. Oh, and by the way, they CHANGED the small fine print on the Terms and conditions, vacating the option of getting 50% back that existed every year prior to this year. Thus, if you were able to get a spot for your child and need to disenroll before the semester to secure a spot for next year at another school, they made you responsible for 100% of the tuition. It seems that they were working on this the entire time, and putting a lot of parents in a precarious situation. It was very sad to see all the distraught teachers the next morning, most of them stating they are brushing up their resumes. We are told we will notice no change in the remaining semester. I find the sarcasm not very entertaining.

Posted January 7, 2014

On January 5, 2013 the parents and teachers of Rancho Solano's Hillcrest campus received notice that the campus was closing for the 2015 school year. This was a shocking and disturbing announcement. Rancho Solano failed to give appropriate notice to the families and not to mention the wonderful teachers, nurse and office staff of the Hillcrest campus who no longer have jobs. I was extremely pleased with the curriculum, the Hillcrest teachers and front office staff. Nevertheless, now with the announcement I have lost all respect for the school's corporate decisions. A community of families is now destroyed and the sense of families or student's quality of education is not demonstrated by Rancho's mission. If you are considering this school for your child I recommend asking about integrity and past decisions.

Posted November 23, 2013

I am the parent of two children at Rancho Solano: Grade 2 and PK. Both of my children have "perfect" behavior (at school) and I am pleased that they are in an environment with other well behaved children. My children are always challenged. Last year the school even created a customized math curriculum to challenge my eldest even more. The new Spanish teacher Sra. Hagge is phenomenal! Within the first 3 months of school, I noticed a significant advancement in my eldest child's Spanish speaking ability. The violin lessons began in grade:1. I am amazed my child's progress in this area as well. The student body is diverse and many of the parents share my expectations for academic rigor, discipline and character. I am also happy knowing my children are in classes surrounded by other excelling children. The down side is the cost. It is very expensive. I experienced 1 year at Legends an "excelling" public school. I was a parent and in class volunteer there. The quality of the students and curriculum do not compare to Rancho. This school is worth every cent.

Posted October 17, 2013

I had a very unfortunate experience at Rancho Solano Hillcrest. A word of advice: If you have a young child 3-4 year old range who is even moderately aggressive and needs any redirection, DO NOT ENROLL HERE. I have a very typical 3 year old boy who likes to hit but is easily disciplined. He never had any major issues until enrolling here and was in daycare for a very long time without problems. Within 2 weeks his behavior had deteriorated so much, in part due to the preschool teacher's complete incapability of dealing with any child out of the mold. Her total lack of skills paired with the ridiculous curriculum is enough to frustrate any child. After 2 wks, my son was asked to leave and to this day has terrible memories of his mean teacher at school. It may be fine if your child has perfect behavior, but if not, do not come here. They will not exert any effort to help your child and are in the business of weeding out the kids who need disciplined so they can keep their appearance up. I had expected better considering the thousands I spent.

Posted October 23, 2012

My daughter attended the PK3 program at Rancho in 2010-2011 school year. We have nothing but complete awesomeness to say about this school, the teachers and the staff. They have a wonderful method of teaching the students that really engages them. I am sad we had to move out of state and leave this wonderful school and it's teachers. By the way, my daughters teacher still stays in contact with me to see how she is doing. That shows how much the teachers care about the students and their success at Rancho.

7877 West Hillcrest Blvd.
Peoria, AZ 85383