PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 29, 2016
I would like to thank all the teachers at BMSA as everyone has played a part at some point or the other in my child's development. Especially, I'd like to thank his teacher Ms.Marjorie

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 29, 2016
At KG, the only homework the child gets is reading and phonics appropriate to his/her learning at school. They get to bring something for show and tell every week

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 29, 2016
They teach the children to respect others. Speaking of fairness, I do get reminded of an incident that happened in a recent birthday party. It was the birthday of a child attending this school and all the other children were my son's classmates too. I must say all the children patiently waited for their turn to receive something without an adult having to interfere, there was absolutely no fight or cries at the party either :-)

Posted February 29, 2016
My son has been attending preschool here and we are so happy with his accomplishments so far. He started reading as early as four, behaves well and is getting more creative everyday. He speaks so much about the topics they learn at school. The teachers at this school are really good, kind, patient and they foster an excellent culture of learning. Like the other member who posted a review here, I don't have anything to compare as he is my first child as well. But, he is really developing in a manner that my husband and I never thought of.

Black Mountain Science Academy Montessori 2

Posted January 12, 2016
No what I expected. My child seems to alway be getting in trouble and left behind. Not all kids are treated equally.

Posted April 13, 2015
What an amazing group of teachers! All of the teachers from the toddler class to the elementary class are quality teachers. They care about each of the students and encourage them to excel to the best of their ability. I have an elementary student and a toddler. I can't say enough about the investment of time these teachers give for the education of my children. We are glad we found this school!

Posted March 03, 2015
Below average teachers. Hypocritical staff. Would not recommend. Not sure where these great reviews come from since my child tells me how the kids are always getting in trouble. Will not stay at this school.

Posted February 06, 2015
I love what my son has accomplished since attending this school. He started at age 4 and was reading two letter words in the first month and we are not in January and he is reading books at home with us. He tells us about the solar system and animals and different cultures. I have nothing to compare as he is my first child, but I don't feel I could ask for anything more. The only set back for me is the cost. My friends go to Montessori's that they love and they don't pay nearly as much. I feel I got my money's worth and I have no regrets about my son going to preschool here. Also, despite the other comments I have found all of the teachers to be friendly and nice, never rude.

Posted November 04, 2014
Terrible school, Ms. Marjorie is always rude. None of the teachers have manners. Big disappointment!

Posted October 20, 2014
Poor education. Received a call for opening at Charter school and after testing we realized our daughter is behind. Very disappointment.

21505 N. 78th Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Black Mountain Science Academy Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-6