Posted March 03, 2015
Below average teachers. Hypocritical staff. Would not recommend. Not sure where these great reviews come from since my child tells me how the kids are always getting in trouble. Will not stay at this school.

Posted February 06, 2015
I love what my son has accomplished since attending this school. He started at age 4 and was reading two letter words in the first month and we are not in January and he is reading books at home with us. He tells us about the solar system and animals and different cultures. I have nothing to compare as he is my first child, but I don't feel I could ask for anything more. The only set back for me is the cost. My friends go to Montessori's that they love and they don't pay nearly as much. I feel I got my money's worth and I have no regrets about my son going to preschool here. Also, despite the other comments I have found all of the teachers to be friendly and nice, never rude.

Posted November 04, 2014
Terrible school, Ms. Marjorie is always rude. None of the teachers have manners. Big disappointment!

Posted October 20, 2014
Poor education. Received a call for opening at Charter school and after testing we realized our daughter is behind. Very disappointment.

Posted October 13, 2014
My children had a horrible experience in this school. We have placed them in a public school and it turns out that they are both way behind. We've had to hire a private tutor to get them caught up. I am not impressed with the teachers. If you want your children to receive a quality education and be treated with respect this is not the school for you.

Posted October 16, 2013
Our oldest daughter (5) and youngest daughter (3) both attend BMSA and we are so happy with this school. Our oldest started 2 years ago - she was in a traditional daycare environment before and she was so bored. We knew she was ready to learn more and wasn't given the opportunity at the other school. At BMSA, they follow the Montessori approach which allows children to learn at their own pace. If they are ready to learn more, the sky's the limit. If they need more help, they will get it. Our kindergartner is now reading and doing math at a 2nd grade level. A previous reviewer mentioned that it was run by a "Christian fanatic" and we have never found that to be the case. They discuss all religions/holidays in an age appropriate manner and don't force anything on the students. We are not Christian, and have never been uncomfortable with anything taught here. We moved our 3 year old to BMSA and over just a week or two, we noticed that some of her behavioral issues (tantrums, defiance, etc) diminished significantly. There is a heavy focus on manners and personal responsibility at this school, and I am thankful for that. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 26, 2012
I have presented at this school twice and have been very impressed with the teachers and staff. The children are well cared for and taught to be respectful. This is in addition to the time they spend learning things I never thought possible for such young children. I highly recommend Black Mountain Science Academy.

Posted June 25, 2012
It is with great pleasure that I post my recommendation and extend my deepest appreciation to the administration and staff of the Black Mountain Science Academy. My two grandchildren have attended BMSA for the past two years. As their guardian and former teacher, I was extremely concerned about finding the best possible educational environment for them. The school administrator, Ms. Rebecca Grim, has been spot-on in adhering to the solid foundation set forth by Maria Montessori. Students are provided with a broad spectrum of experiences within the school year in addition to a focused and disciplined education program. I have been very impressed with the true dedication to their job and genuine display of love for the students from both administrators and staff. I can rest assured that my grandchildren are receiving absolutely the optimum education possible. The children love learning now. My hope is that as the children progress through the grades, BMSA will also extend their educational opportunities. If you are looking for quality education, dedicated Montessori-centered staff and an administration that has your child s best interest at heart, then BMSA is the only choice.

Posted June 24, 2012
This is the best school I have ever sent my kids to. The instructors are of top notch quality. The director and owner are the most compassionate and caring people I have ever met. They truly care about my kids and my kids love them as well. They have learned more at this school than anywhere else. We are grateful to have people that care soo much about our kids in this day and age. Thank you.

Posted June 24, 2012
I love this school. My daughter has gone here for 2years and has loved every minute of her day. The staff is friendly and caring as well as very knowledgeable. She has raved about how much she enjoys going to school. As a parent I absolutely love to hear that my child enjoys school and her educational surroundings. (Hard to find these days) I have had nothing but good things to say about the director and all of the staff. I encourage you to enroll your children in this school so that they may learn and grow. My daughter has learned so much here. AMAZING!!!

Black Mountain Science Academy Montessori
21505 N. 78th Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Black Mountain Science Academy Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Black Mountain Science Academy Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top