PK-8 & Ungraded
Peoria, AZ

Posted October 02, 2014
I am very in touch with this school. I currently attend "Desert Harbor" this school is ridiculous. They treat the Jr . high classes like kindergarteners. We should be treated like young adults not babies. And the kids that attend this school are the biggest bullies, and are rude as heck to the teachers. I think the teachers should quit their "jobs," and find one that they actually can do. The office ladies are very rude. Even ask my dad. I bet if you each and every student more than 50% will agree with me. Don't ever have your children attend this school, it's horrible.

Posted August 28, 2014
Desert harbor elementary...horrible rude staff. It's like its split in half . You get the younger grades that have very sweet teachers and the junior high teachers are scary. The other staff are very rude and talk down to you. I see staff constantly talking down to parents. Not a friendly place at all. It's sad because it's a beautiful area to live in. Looks like the whole school in general needs to take classes in how to interact with adults. The principal needs to get those moody teachers in check.

Posted April 28, 2014
I moved my daughter to Desert Harbor for the integrated arts program and have not regretted it! The teachers have been outstanding and caring and the Principal and VP are always present and involved. The PTA is also strong and creative. The atmosphere is fun I am so pleased to be part of DH.

Posted August 26, 2013
way too condesending, I could not beleive how low their standards were but they did have some good teachers

Posted May 04, 2012
This is the BEST school..the principal is a loving, caring person she deeply cares about these kids and their education and it shows! This school has gone above and beyond for my son. I wish I would have put my son here for his entire elementary education...the teachers are great down to the crosswalk people, and the ladies at the front desk are always cheerful and helpful. This is a great family school nothing but good and great things stated from a very satisfied parent. I encourage everyone I meet to enroll their kids here. GREAT JOB DESERT HARBOR STAFF!!!!!!

Posted September 15, 2011
The principle has failed this school. she acts like a mom to the teachers and a grandma to the kids. Do your job! Kids run the school with no discipline at all. Teachers dont take feedback very well. They take the easy way just to end the day and get a paycheck. Lots of substitute teachers. Please change the administration of this school.

Posted September 04, 2011
I too moved here because of the school system it looked promising 10 years ago. Over those ten years I felt that the school has worked hard to put a band-aid on the obvious problems - too much training that is just common sense and teachers spend too much time away from their students leaving them to fend for themselves. I have now moved my kids to a school that values education overall and is really encouraging my students to look toward a college education as early as 6th. grade with onsite college counselors available to them. Yes they have more homework but I have a job to do as a parent and that is to make sure my children become successful, productive members of society. Our kids have a job too and that is SCHOOL. Parents forget that they will be grown one day and it will be too late to instill those values then.

Posted July 30, 2011
My children have attended DH since Kindergartner. One graduated from DH the other in 5th grade. I must say we loved DH when our oldest attended. My now 5th grader had a HUGE issue with his 3rd grade teacher to the point my husband and I had MANY meetings with the principal to make her aware of the situation. It didn't get us anywhere. My 3rd grader was an A/B student in 2nd grade, went into the 3rd grade with this teacher and failed every semester. He passed 3rd grade with all D's. He went onto 4th grade and had ALL A/B's grades all year long. How can a student go into a harder grader and PASS with flying colors? I am so glad this teacher is no longer teaching at DH.

Posted September 29, 2010
Wonderful school!! Teachers are excellent!! This is a great school!! My children love it here, they look forward to coming everyday!!

Posted March 04, 2010
I used to love this school. I am saddened to say that I don't so much any more. There have been too many changes. We have lost too many great teachers and there have been too many changes. They used to work hard to make sure that my gifted child was working at his potential. A couple of years ago, that stopped. He is still in the honors program, which has been terrific (although, now that that teacher is teaching at two schools, I feel that she is a bit stretched. She is a great teacher, though). But, once my son got past what this school offered in their 'regular curriculum' (they had been allowing him to advance to other classes to get what he needed), they started making him take classes over and over instead of making sure that he was still learning at his level. Very frustrating!

Desert Harbor Elementary School
15585 N. 91st Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Desert Harbor Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Harbor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top