Posted October 23, 2014
I feel like the teachers have favorites and don't really care about the students. Also, some of the teachers are very mean.

Frontier Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
I am currently a 6th grade student at frontier, and I have had a lot of bad experiences since the current principal, Mrs. Connely, arrived. The assistant principal is amazing, and always helps out with events such as the Student Council Heroes Luncheon. On the other hand, you have the principal, who I believe is very lacking in character and I think drove the good teachers away. Over 30 teachers left or retired in about 2 years. In addition, their kitchen staff is incompetent, the cheese that they were serving was about 2 months expired! And according to them, freezing it makes it not expire. Yeah, right. My fellow students and I heard them saying that not eating the vegetables is okay because they only give them out to make sure they get passed by the health inspector. The only reason that I give my school 3 stars is due to the fact that I have made some great friends, they allow us to compete in the district spelling bee and patriotic speech contest, and we have quite the packed trophy case from our sports teams. This is coming from a gifted student, who has been at the school since kindergarten, and overall, I wouldn't recommend going to this school.

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
Frontier Elementary is a wonderful school with caring and professional teachers. Rae Connelly is an excellent principal and is very forward think. My granddaughter started 1st grade this year and is excited about school and is progressing nicely under the direction if Ms. Pearson. Excellent school! Rita Martin Peoria, Az

Posted September 05, 2013
This school is horrible if you are from out of state. The assistant principle is wonderful and very helpful; however, the teacher believes differently. If kids work out issues isn't that a good thing? Not in this teachers eyes. Now she is scrutinizing my child and listening to the children that are constantly in trouble. I'm over it. My son comes from a very good background. He gets good grades and is well mannered. He has never had a behavioral issue. So suddenly....my son has issues with other kids picking on him then the teacher is angry with him? This has been a horrible experience. Not to mention that the first 2 weeks of school the teachers couldn't get my son's schedule correct. I give the teachers 2 stars for the other good teachers. I suggest looking elsewhere for school.

Frontier Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
We are the grandparents of two Frontier Elementary students and could not be more pleased with the school. The principal Rae Conelley is tuned into the needs of the school and the staff is very friendly. Any day that we can walk onto the Frontier School campus is a good day for there is magic in those halls and we are happy to be on their team. Most sincerely, Judy Ambelang

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
Frontier Elementary is a wonderful school with great community spirit. Rae Connely the principal is a visionary who has garnered respect from her teaching staff, parents and children. I had my daughter at an exclusive private school and paid a fortune in tuition for kindergarden. She was so stress out and miserable that I decided to search out other schools. After an extensive search we decided on Frontier Elementary our community public school. She started 1st grade and is thriving! She is excited to go to school, loves her teacher Ms. Pearson and has become excitied about learning again. I have found everyone very welcoming and we feel a real sense of community. It's a great school and if your looking for an environment where children are excited about learning this is the place. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

Posted July 19, 2013
As a parent, I have seen Frontier decline. The administration is horrible. They don't care about their teachers and all of the great teachers left to work at another school. It used to be the best school in the district and now it is the worst!

Frontier Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2013
I graduated from Frontier fairly recently after going there since kindergarten and I had a pretty positive experience. I had many close friends, caring and informed teachers, and a good educational environment. I was never bullied, but those that were had trouble dealing with it. I absolutely LOVED the advanced program set up. My only complaint is with the administration, the principal specifically. She not only talks down to students as if they were 5, but she also can't seem to relate to her students and speaks very monotone making her seem disinterested and detached. To anyone struggling to fit in, I give the same, generic advice as everyone; get involved. Over my 7th and 8th grade years, I was a part of NJHS, student council, volleyball, softball, basketball, band, and the advanced program. While it was a little hectic and chaotic, I received help from my friends and teachers. I had the absolute time of my life at Frontier and I hope you and/or your child will share some of my experiences!!!!!!!!

Posted May 24, 2013
If I were rating the teachers or the parents or anything else, the rating would be much higher, but since I am writing this review to reflect on the TERRIBLE principal, I give this school ONE star, but only because it isn't an option to give it zero or negative stars. This woman creates a toxic environment for students and teachers. I fail to understand how, after teachers leave by droves year after year, the Administration continues to justify employing her. When I think about how the citizens' tax dollars are paying her salary it makes my blood boil, because she is awful, awful, awful. Keep your kids out of this school until the administration gets rid of her and her assistants.

Frontier Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
I must say i found it interesting that 38 positive messages about Frontier were posted May 12-20, 2010. I find that suspicious. Our daughter seems to enjoy Frontier, however, despite her high academic abilities, she always seems to be falling behind since enrolled here. Our attention is not brought to issues with her education until parent-teacher conference or when report cards come home. There seems to be not much accountability or discipline around completing assignments and "cramming" is encourages. This may result in high test scores but the information itself is not retained. I understand 33 students to one teacher is challenging however a note home, an email or some form of communication would give us as parents the opportunity to help resolve whatever it is that is stifling our child from perform to her full potential. Our child, previously a straight A student, is now I fear being overlooked and allowed to fall through the cracks.

Frontier Elementary School
21258 N. 81st Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Frontier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frontier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 103 reviews. Top