Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted March 31, 2016
I have seen a positive change in Frontier since we have had a new administration. I find Ms Little to be a very caring principal. She has addressed my concerns in a caring manner and knows how to get results. I appreciate the administration enforcing pick up and drop off routines. It has made picking our children up go much more quickly. There are a lot of veteran teachers at Frontier who are excellent master teachers. As a former teacher myself with a Master's degree, I can strongly say this is a great school.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 30, 2015
I actually moved my family back from Kansas City, Mo. in order for my children to attend Frontier Elementary because of Danielle Benevento and this school's IEP team. My Autistic son has been through many schools in Phoenix, most that just wanted to pass him through rather than learn who he is and what he needs to get the most out of his education. Frontier Elementary does not cater to my son but they did take the time to learn how to work with my son in order for him to get the most out of his education. They treat him like a child with special needs, not a special needs child.

Frontier Elementary School 4

Posted November 13, 2015
The new principal Ms. Little from Desert Harbor is not at all communicative. There is constant confusion about events. She does not use the resources available to her in that regard at all. The school definitely is in a decline and SHE COULD turn it around if SHE put in some effort. The Principal is the only staff member who really doesn't listen to a Parents input. The rest listen very attentively. The admin here is spectacular. The special ed here is spectacular. Teachers at Frontier are mostly veteran teachers who actually care about students. Not one teacher has given me a lecture about Common core and how wonderful it is, instead I find help and open dialogue with my 4 children's teachers. I have been at another Deer Valley school and 1 other PUSD school and this one is by far the best!! Ms. Little should turn her focus on communication so the parents could actually help her out a little more. Also the crazy restrictions on time to drop off and reduced time to eat lunch is getting old.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter's Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers were amazing. Her second and third grade teachers were not.

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter has attended Frontier since Kindergarten. This year she entered the 3rd grade. The school failed to hire enough staff over the summer. As a result, the entire 3rd grade was split between 3 teachers ( 30+ students/teacher). In October, a 4th teacher was hired. A group of students, my daughter included, were selected to move into the new teacher's class MID WEEK! This teacher did not respond to emails/calls/notes regarding grades and even failed to inform me that my daughter was an award recipient. I missed the assembly! She was also absent frequently. There was a situation where she did not notify the school of her absence, so there was not substitute arranged. The students were just left, locked out in the hall, bewildered. I finally reached out to the principal for help. The principal informed me that she could not be of assistance. I was told the teacher was on a 2 week hiatus, but upon her return would surely be in touch to address my concerns. Needless to say, I never heard from the teacher because SHE QUIT! She stopped coming to school 5 weeks before summer. The principal never sent any correspondence home to parents informing us that our children would yet another teacher for the remainder of the year. No call, no email, no letter, NOTHING. Our children were shuffled around, pushed aside, forgotten about, then abandoned. We are currently researching better schools nearby for 4th grade, as my daughter will not be treated as refuse for one more year at Frontier.

Posted October 23, 2014
I feel like the teachers have favorites and don't really care about the students. Also, some of the teachers are very mean.

Frontier Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
I am currently a 6th grade student at frontier, and I have had a lot of bad experiences since the current principal, Mrs. Connely, arrived. The assistant principal is amazing, and always helps out with events such as the Student Council Heroes Luncheon. On the other hand, you have the principal, who I believe is very lacking in character and I think drove the good teachers away. Over 30 teachers left or retired in about 2 years. In addition, their kitchen staff is incompetent, the cheese that they were serving was about 2 months expired! And according to them, freezing it makes it not expire. Yeah, right. My fellow students and I heard them saying that not eating the vegetables is okay because they only give them out to make sure they get passed by the health inspector. The only reason that I give my school 3 stars is due to the fact that I have made some great friends, they allow us to compete in the district spelling bee and patriotic speech contest, and we have quite the packed trophy case from our sports teams. This is coming from a gifted student, who has been at the school since kindergarten, and overall, I wouldn't recommend going to this school.

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
Frontier Elementary is a wonderful school with caring and professional teachers. Rae Connelly is an excellent principal and is very forward think. My granddaughter started 1st grade this year and is excited about school and is progressing nicely under the direction if Ms. Pearson. Excellent school! Rita Martin Peoria, Az

Posted September 05, 2013
This school is horrible if you are from out of state. The assistant principle is wonderful and very helpful; however, the teacher believes differently. If kids work out issues isn't that a good thing? Not in this teachers eyes. Now she is scrutinizing my child and listening to the children that are constantly in trouble. I'm over it. My son comes from a very good background. He gets good grades and is well mannered. He has never had a behavioral issue. So suddenly....my son has issues with other kids picking on him then the teacher is angry with him? This has been a horrible experience. Not to mention that the first 2 weeks of school the teachers couldn't get my son's schedule correct. I give the teachers 2 stars for the other good teachers. I suggest looking elsewhere for school.

Frontier Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
We are the grandparents of two Frontier Elementary students and could not be more pleased with the school. The principal Rae Conelley is tuned into the needs of the school and the staff is very friendly. Any day that we can walk onto the Frontier School campus is a good day for there is magic in those halls and we are happy to be on their team. Most sincerely, Judy Ambelang

21258 N. 81st Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Frontier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.