Peoria, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,131

Frontier Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter's Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers were amazing. Her second and third grade teachers were not.

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter has attended Frontier since Kindergarten. This year she entered the 3rd grade. The school failed to hire enough staff over the summer. As a result, the entire 3rd grade was split between 3 teachers ( 30+ students/teacher). In October, a 4th teacher was hired. A group of students, my daughter included, were selected to move into the new teacher's class MID WEEK! This teacher did not respond to emails/calls/notes regarding grades and even failed to inform me that my daughter was an award recipient. I missed the assembly! She was also absent frequently. There was a situation where she did not notify the school of her absence, so there was not substitute arranged. The students were just left, locked out in the hall, bewildered. I finally reached out to the principal for help. The principal informed me that she could not be of assistance. I was told the teacher was on a 2 week hiatus, but upon her return would surely be in touch to address my concerns. Needless to say, I never heard from the teacher because SHE QUIT! She stopped coming to school 5 weeks before summer. The principal never sent any correspondence home to parents informing us that our children would yet another teacher for the remainder of the year. No call, no email, no letter, NOTHING. Our children were shuffled around, pushed aside, forgotten about, then abandoned. We are currently researching better schools nearby for 4th grade, as my daughter will not be treated as refuse for one more year at Frontier.

Posted October 23, 2014
I feel like the teachers have favorites and don't really care about the students. Also, some of the teachers are very mean.

Frontier Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
I am currently a 6th grade student at frontier, and I have had a lot of bad experiences since the current principal, Mrs. Connely, arrived. The assistant principal is amazing, and always helps out with events such as the Student Council Heroes Luncheon. On the other hand, you have the principal, who I believe is very lacking in character and I think drove the good teachers away. Over 30 teachers left or retired in about 2 years. In addition, their kitchen staff is incompetent, the cheese that they were serving was about 2 months expired! And according to them, freezing it makes it not expire. Yeah, right. My fellow students and I heard them saying that not eating the vegetables is okay because they only give them out to make sure they get passed by the health inspector. The only reason that I give my school 3 stars is due to the fact that I have made some great friends, they allow us to compete in the district spelling bee and patriotic speech contest, and we have quite the packed trophy case from our sports teams. This is coming from a gifted student, who has been at the school since kindergarten, and overall, I wouldn't recommend going to this school.

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
Frontier Elementary is a wonderful school with caring and professional teachers. Rae Connelly is an excellent principal and is very forward think. My granddaughter started 1st grade this year and is excited about school and is progressing nicely under the direction if Ms. Pearson. Excellent school! Rita Martin Peoria, Az

Posted September 05, 2013
This school is horrible if you are from out of state. The assistant principle is wonderful and very helpful; however, the teacher believes differently. If kids work out issues isn't that a good thing? Not in this teachers eyes. Now she is scrutinizing my child and listening to the children that are constantly in trouble. I'm over it. My son comes from a very good background. He gets good grades and is well mannered. He has never had a behavioral issue. So suddenly....my son has issues with other kids picking on him then the teacher is angry with him? This has been a horrible experience. Not to mention that the first 2 weeks of school the teachers couldn't get my son's schedule correct. I give the teachers 2 stars for the other good teachers. I suggest looking elsewhere for school.

Frontier Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
We are the grandparents of two Frontier Elementary students and could not be more pleased with the school. The principal Rae Conelley is tuned into the needs of the school and the staff is very friendly. Any day that we can walk onto the Frontier School campus is a good day for there is magic in those halls and we are happy to be on their team. Most sincerely, Judy Ambelang

Frontier Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
Frontier Elementary is a wonderful school with great community spirit. Rae Connely the principal is a visionary who has garnered respect from her teaching staff, parents and children. I had my daughter at an exclusive private school and paid a fortune in tuition for kindergarden. She was so stress out and miserable that I decided to search out other schools. After an extensive search we decided on Frontier Elementary our community public school. She started 1st grade and is thriving! She is excited to go to school, loves her teacher Ms. Pearson and has become excitied about learning again. I have found everyone very welcoming and we feel a real sense of community. It's a great school and if your looking for an environment where children are excited about learning this is the place. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

Posted July 19, 2013
As a parent, I have seen Frontier decline. The administration is horrible. They don't care about their teachers and all of the great teachers left to work at another school. It used to be the best school in the district and now it is the worst!

Frontier Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2013
I graduated from Frontier fairly recently after going there since kindergarten and I had a pretty positive experience. I had many close friends, caring and informed teachers, and a good educational environment. I was never bullied, but those that were had trouble dealing with it. I absolutely LOVED the advanced program set up. My only complaint is with the administration, the principal specifically. She not only talks down to students as if they were 5, but she also can't seem to relate to her students and speaks very monotone making her seem disinterested and detached. To anyone struggling to fit in, I give the same, generic advice as everyone; get involved. Over my 7th and 8th grade years, I was a part of NJHS, student council, volleyball, softball, basketball, band, and the advanced program. While it was a little hectic and chaotic, I received help from my friends and teachers. I had the absolute time of my life at Frontier and I hope you and/or your child will share some of my experiences!!!!!!!!

Frontier Elementary School
21258 N. 81st Avenue, Peoria, AZ  85382
Last modified Frontier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frontier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top