Peoria, AZ

Posted June 05, 2015
Ira Murphy is a good school. The teachers are caring and put the students needs first. There is little parent involvement, but it isn't due to the lack of opportunity. Murphy hosts many event throughout the year to involve parents, they are just reluctant to come, perhaps they are working as this neighborhood is full of struggling families. I don't have much experience with the upper grader, but the lower elementary team is wonderful, so friendly, and always smiling.

Ira A Murphy 1

Posted April 30, 2015
ALOT OF BULLY ALOT OF TO MUCH TALK NO PARENT INVOLVEDMENT AND THEY TALK TO YOUR SON BEHIND WITH OUT YOU THERE, THEY DONT CALL WHEN A PROBLEM COMES UP THEY ASK QUESTIONS WHAT HAPPEN IN A FIGHT OR SOMETHING AND DONT CALL YOU AT ALL TILL HOURS LATER WHY TALK TO THE CHILD CALL PARENT FIRST

Ira A Murphy 5

Posted May 30, 2014
Ira A. Murphy is an incredible school where the school leadership and staff really care about the students. They will go out of their way to meet the needs of each individual student and at the same time have fun!

Ira A Murphy 2

Posted May 30, 2014
This school lacks security, the campus is open and kids are vulnerable all day. My daughter has been bullied this past year. We attempted to notify the school, it only got worse. The nurse is great, the teachers are great. There is not enough parental involvement, no all day free kindergarten, and not having individual parent teacher conferences are all downfalls.

Ira A Murphy 1

Posted April 24, 2014
Terrible school!! Faculty gives out your personal information! The staff is very lazy and does not attend to the chrildren! Children are left roaming the school alone. Very unsafe! Especially in that neighborhood!,

Posted September 22, 2013
This is a great school. The staff honestly care about the kids there. It would be nice if more parents would be involved with their children and know what is going on before giving this school a bad rating. My son has been there 9 years now and my daughter 2 and they love it there. Feels more like a small town school where staff actually know who you are. Love it!

Posted November 09, 2010
I have going here for about 10 years, my personal view is great staff, although not the best student behavior. This school has been decreasing in multiple areas, However overall this is a relatively good school

Ira A Murphy

Posted March 25, 2009
Well my son has been stuck at this school for a few years now. With my financial situation I have been unable to move and couldn't get a variance for another school. I don't think my son is getting the education he deserves with this school, they tend to focus on the rescource students and the very smart students if you are in the middle you lose.

Posted April 15, 2008
I went to Murphy and graduated in '95. From the time I went there to the time my daughter started going there I have seen changes(some good and some bad) in the school and the area, but it was also refreshing to know that some staff from when I was there was still there or now at the district office. If they can staff there for over 20 years they must be doing something right.

Ira A Murphy 5

Posted February 10, 2008
This is a great school. Wonderful staff and students.

Ira A Murphy
7231 W North Lane, Peoria, AZ  85345
Last modified Ira A Murphy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ira A Murphy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top