Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Appropriate amounts are given and reasonable timeframes. Teachers are willing to help on their free time.

Mountain pointe is not your cookie cutter school. The diversity of the students and the diversity of the classes offered there create an environment that will prepare kids for real life. People choose to send their kids there not because we have to but because they want to.

Regarding 2014-2015 AZ Merit test scores published here, MP was one of the only schools statewide to give the new pilot test electronically and the school did not have the network infrastructure to support the # of students taking the test at the same time. Many of the students tests timed out, computers crashed, etc. The district and the state dept of education indicated it was a pilot year and scores would not be published so not to worry about it. Obviously that was not the case - as the scores are published here.

I didn't have the a great high school experience. It's mostly my own doing. I was shy and lacked self confidence. I was intimated by the rich popular kids. The nerds didn't like me either. I didn't fit in. I was a loner. The education was good. I learned things. I went to a good private university in the east. Learned how to be social. Got a doctorate. I think the environment has a lot to do with how successful a person can be. If I am uncomfortable in a class because I had no friends in it. Why wasn't I allowed to switch into a different class? If the few friends I have are in a different lunch period, why can't I switch lunch periods? But would things have mattered at the end? I still became a doctor despite the lack of a social life in high school. I missed out on the memories.

I am a graduate of Mountain Pointe, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I moved from Northeast Ohio as a sophomore, and was immediately embraced by my fellow students. My experience was extremely positive, and l have nothing but fond memories. As far as I am concerned, I will always be a member of the pride!!

The school has seriously gone down hill. I dont know what it is my oldest graduated this year and i have another daughter that is a freshman and ill i hear about are fights and disruptive students in class. Its sad because this used to be a nice school.

My son just began his freshman year here at MPHS. From the beginning the staff and upperclassmen have been awesome! Their two day Freshman boot camp was a huge plus in my son's early success in transitioning to this level. Wish we had that back when I was starting high school! Mr. Kipper is great at communicating school needs, events and expectations and I was thoroughly impressed with his prompt reply to emails. Two thumbs up!!!

My daughter attends MPHS. She is now a senior & developed SO MUCH P R I D E! I really respect Mr. Kipper's communication w/ parents. We are ALWAYS in the loop. The ongoing communication is excellent and I am VERY thankful of the safety. Each school has an occassional bad apple that brings drugs or alcohol to school, BUT MP does NOT take this lightly and responds VERY quickly to each situation. My daughter is very safe at MP. She s involved in many clubs (100 s MP offers) which has increased her self esteem and confidence. I cannot say enough about MP. We tried to visit Desert Vista when deciding a school for her, but had a terrible time communicating with staff or anyone returning our phone calls. They gave us a TA for the tour, but communication with an adult was impossible. My son is starting this year as a freshman and working with the freshman football team. They have been EXCELLENT with him and we are confident he will have the awesome journey my daughter experienced. THERE S A REASON MOUNTAIN POINTE S RATINGS ARE SO HIGH. Thank you MPHS and keep up the EXCELLENT work!

My observations of Mountain Pointe High School (daughter graduated May 2011) are that MPHS is a very special place where the faculty/staff are really working towards the success of each student in school and their future. Mountain Pointe's dedicated teachers, helpful staff, involved Principal = GREAT school! The "Pride's Peak" program for the gifted students is excellent --- and is enhanced further (personal recommendation) by student participation in MPHS Academic Decathlon resulting in complete academics-social/student-faculty involvement (with accompanying family (Booster Club) support). The Foreign Language, and Science departments at Mountain Pointe High School are especially outstanding! Very motivated and involved faculty members who have a deep interest and knowledge of their field. Wonderful Visual Arts program. What has impressed me the most about MPHS is how the faculty and staff truly care and are looking to help each student succeed. Mountain Pointe High School seems to be a place that an individual can find a group of friends and a mentor(s) with whom they can relate to help them grow and flourish in school and life.

We love Mountain Pointe! We actually live in Desert Vista's district, but have chosen to send our kids to MP. It is more diversified, the teachers and staff are wonderful, the courses they offer are exceptional. Principal Kipper has truly turned this into an A+ school!

Last modified Mountain Pointe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.