Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,640

Posted December 20, 2014
I am a graduate of Mountain Pointe, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I moved from Northeast Ohio as a sophomore, and was immediately embraced by my fellow students. My experience was extremely positive, and l have nothing but fond memories. As far as I am concerned, I will always be a member of the pride!!

Mountain Pointe High School 1

Posted November 06, 2014
The school has seriously gone down hill. I dont know what it is my oldest graduated this year and i have another daughter that is a freshman and ill i hear about are fights and disruptive students in class. Its sad because this used to be a nice school.

Posted August 19, 2014
My son just began his freshman year here at MPHS. From the beginning the staff and upperclassmen have been awesome! Their two day Freshman boot camp was a huge plus in my son's early success in transitioning to this level. Wish we had that back when I was starting high school! Mr. Kipper is great at communicating school needs, events and expectations and I was thoroughly impressed with his prompt reply to emails. Two thumbs up!!!

Posted July 19, 2011
My daughter attends MPHS. She is now a senior & developed SO MUCH P R I D E! I really respect Mr. Kipper's communication w/ parents. We are ALWAYS in the loop. The ongoing communication is excellent and I am VERY thankful of the safety. Each school has an occassional bad apple that brings drugs or alcohol to school, BUT MP does NOT take this lightly and responds VERY quickly to each situation. My daughter is very safe at MP. She s involved in many clubs (100 s MP offers) which has increased her self esteem and confidence. I cannot say enough about MP. We tried to visit Desert Vista when deciding a school for her, but had a terrible time communicating with staff or anyone returning our phone calls. They gave us a TA for the tour, but communication with an adult was impossible. My son is starting this year as a freshman and working with the freshman football team. They have been EXCELLENT with him and we are confident he will have the awesome journey my daughter experienced. THERE S A REASON MOUNTAIN POINTE S RATINGS ARE SO HIGH. Thank you MPHS and keep up the EXCELLENT work!

Posted July 18, 2011
My observations of Mountain Pointe High School (daughter graduated May 2011) are that MPHS is a very special place where the faculty/staff are really working towards the success of each student in school and their future. Mountain Pointe's dedicated teachers, helpful staff, involved Principal = GREAT school! The "Pride's Peak" program for the gifted students is excellent --- and is enhanced further (personal recommendation) by student participation in MPHS Academic Decathlon resulting in complete academics-social/student-faculty involvement (with accompanying family (Booster Club) support). The Foreign Language, and Science departments at Mountain Pointe High School are especially outstanding! Very motivated and involved faculty members who have a deep interest and knowledge of their field. Wonderful Visual Arts program. What has impressed me the most about MPHS is how the faculty and staff truly care and are looking to help each student succeed. Mountain Pointe High School seems to be a place that an individual can find a group of friends and a mentor(s) with whom they can relate to help them grow and flourish in school and life.

Posted May 18, 2011
We love Mountain Pointe! We actually live in Desert Vista's district, but have chosen to send our kids to MP. It is more diversified, the teachers and staff are wonderful, the courses they offer are exceptional. Principal Kipper has truly turned this into an A+ school!

Mountain Pointe High School 2

Posted May 03, 2011
As a Mountain Pointe Alumni of 2009, I can honestly say that the school itself is a joke. While many lifelong memories were made here that I will cherish for forever, these memories have not helped or prepared me for the real world. The teachers are generally funny, fun, and engaging, however they do not live to their title of "teachers" as many do not actually teach. Rather the Mountain Pointe philosophy of teaching is to sit at your desk while you students watch a video that barely pertains to the subject matter at hand. There are many success stories of students out of this school going to prestigious and great universities, however the sad truth is that for the most part the administration turns a blind eye to all students who are not part of the principal's son and daughter's friend groups. Furthermore most teachers do not care about the students and would turn a blind eye to them in their time of need. This school is an over crowded mess, and needs help. only send your child here if you do not care about their future

Posted January 12, 2011
This is an AMAZING school! For all the parents out there tell your child or children to get involved. It makes things a whole lot easier and you meet a lot of new and fabulous people. Never be afraid, it only makes it worse! But other than that Mountain Pointe is the school to be at!

Posted November 03, 2010
We have two kids attending Mountain Pointe and are so happy with EVERY aspect of the school. Our son has been part of three sports programs. Each sport had wonderful, challenging coaches, who were tough enough and uplifting enought to make our son's experiences just what parents would hope for from high school sports. Our daughter has been in one sport and continues to be thrilled w/the coaches and program. Lots of parent support and very little drama in both kids' sport programs. The coaches just don't allow it. Their teachers amaze us -- each and every one has good experience in and out of the classroom share w/the students. We feel like school is fair and love seeing rules being enforced, (even when our kids have been swept, dress coded, and phones taken away). We so appreciate the "no tolerance" policy. Mountain Pointe is a fabulous, well-rounded school!

Posted July 17, 2010
AWESOME school! I have had two children attend MP. My son played football all 4 years and graduated 2 yrs ago. My daughter will be a Sophomore this year. Both children were always EAGER to go to school each day and have earned excellent grades. The Teachers and staff are superb, and there is a much needed level of diversity among the students. Many cultures, all intermingling in an excellent manner. I have an immeasurable amount of respect for everyone involved at this campus.

Mountain Pointe High School
4201 E Knox Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85044
Last modified Mountain Pointe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Pointe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top