Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 15, 2013
My child is new to Mountain Sky and the Washington District. I have to say, never have I heard of principal like this one. My child is neither an over achiever or gets into trouble. It amazes me that the principal has taken to get to know her. He finds things to discuss with students and makes them feel very important. This goes a long way with some kids. The teachers have been for the most part very dedicated as well. They respond immediately when we have concerns. We are very happy to have child at this school. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Mountain Sky Middle School 4

Posted January 29, 2012
Honors classes need to be interesting and relevant to keep gifted kids excited about learning. The school is slipping a bit here and needs to focus on the problem if they want to attract bright kids! Curriculum should be shared between local elem., middle and high schools. You'd think it would be but honors kids read exact same literaturev in mid and high school classes. Why no coordination?

Mountain Sky Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2011
I dont recommend this school.. All concerns were voiced to the administration with no help. Eventually my son was put in a Behavioral Health Center due to his way of responding to being kicked, punched, and verbally abused by other students. The only person that stood up for my son and what he needed was his special Ed Math Teacher. She did what she could unfortunately she was not in charge of the whole school.

Posted February 20, 2011
I am a 7th grader now at Mountain Sky and absalutley love the school. My parents are thinking about moving and when I heard it I started to cry saying that I'd miss my school. I have just recently became a part of National Junior Honor Society and there are 64 people in it. If I may say I beleive that is pretty impressive. Mountain Sky is a school that I reccomend my parents and I love the school ,the teachers are kind and if you respect them they'll respect you. Also Mountain Sky has great sport teams and many of them. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mountain Sky Middle School 3

Posted January 22, 2011
i am now an 8th grader at this school and the one thing i have to say is i can not stand it i wish i would have transverd when i had the chance. it always seems like teachers are ignoring you to help that one student ya there are a few nice teachers that really help you whenyou need it like mr. shockly, but the main issue is the cliques and drama even outside of school (ie. publice resturaunts). there was resently a bigg problem at barros pizza which is not far from the school where a bunch of 8th graders got in a fight with 2 6th greaad girls and it seemed like the princepal did nothing about is i. would not go here if i were you

Mountain Sky Middle School 3

Posted September 30, 2010
pro's- The teachers are amazing and teach well to help the students understand better cons- student environment is not really friendly . of course you manage to find those kind and nice people

Posted May 17, 2010
I attended this school when i was in 7th grade I am now a junior and all i can say is this school was amazing!! The teachers were excellent and the people there were awsome! I'd tell anyone to go to this school

Posted March 22, 2010
I Currently attend this school. 7th Grade. I absolutely love this school. Best one in the destructs! They Acctully care about what you say. But Math were behind because they help you out, even if theres 32 kids in each class.(: I Will miss it, but Thunderbird High School We Be Great too. :D

Posted December 09, 2009
I used to be a student here, and all I can say is that anything you need they are willing to help you acheive your goals.

Posted May 28, 2009
Teachers and staff are always willing to do whatever it takes to help a struggling student. As long as parents take an active, daily roll in their child's education, there is no reason a child should fail at this school. The math curriculum for 7th grade was too fast paced but with the resources given, my son still was able to get an A for the first time. They seem a bit short staffed but discipline is swift and fair for the most part. If asked, teachers will communicate via email or phone as often as parents need. My son went from C's in 6th grade to all A's and one B in 7th. This is a great school.

Mountain Sky Middle School
16225 N 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified Mountain Sky Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Sky Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top