Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The fine arts program is outstanding. Administration has been very responsive to my two sons - and both are very different with very different needs. The school is exceptionally diverse and they do a very good job of getting all the students from all the different groups mixing together. But, what really makes the school special is the fine arts program and the teachers. I can't say enough about how exceptional that program truly is. The quality of the choir program is comparable to private schools and the enthusiasm of the teachers in every class, with very few exceptions, is remarkable. In fact, very few teachers leave this school and that is a hallmark of a good school. We had the opportunity to move to a much larger home (for much less money!) in a different district and we decided to stay here because of Mountain Sky and Thunderbird.

Develops character: Agree

Mountain sky is an amazing, fun, and wonderful school. I have learned things that I never thought I would be able to learn and accomplish. The teachers make it so easy and understanding. I am going into eighth grade this year, and I hope it is as fun as seventh grade was. Mountain sky is the best school to start middle school.

Mountain sky is a crazy school, in a good way. The staff and teachers are all so nice and really care about your education. I am happy to call Mountain sky my second home.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Mountain sky is a great school, but I feel that the homework is way too much. Sometimes, teachers give homework on a subject that you might not understand, and then it just gets harder and harder, unless you really try. It was really complicated for me, but I passed seventh grade.

My child is new to Mountain Sky and the Washington District. I have to say, never have I heard of principal like this one. My child is neither an over achiever or gets into trouble. It amazes me that the principal has taken to get to know her. He finds things to discuss with students and makes them feel very important. This goes a long way with some kids. The teachers have been for the most part very dedicated as well. They respond immediately when we have concerns. We are very happy to have child at this school. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Honors classes need to be interesting and relevant to keep gifted kids excited about learning. The school is slipping a bit here and needs to focus on the problem if they want to attract bright kids! Curriculum should be shared between local elem., middle and high schools. You'd think it would be but honors kids read exact same literaturev in mid and high school classes. Why no coordination?

I dont recommend this school.. All concerns were voiced to the administration with no help. Eventually my son was put in a Behavioral Health Center due to his way of responding to being kicked, punched, and verbally abused by other students. The only person that stood up for my son and what he needed was his special Ed Math Teacher. She did what she could unfortunately she was not in charge of the whole school.

I am a 7th grader now at Mountain Sky and absalutley love the school. My parents are thinking about moving and when I heard it I started to cry saying that I'd miss my school. I have just recently became a part of National Junior Honor Society and there are 64 people in it. If I may say I beleive that is pretty impressive. Mountain Sky is a school that I reccomend my parents and I love the school ,the teachers are kind and if you respect them they'll respect you. Also Mountain Sky has great sport teams and many of them. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am now an 8th grader at this school and the one thing i have to say is i can not stand it i wish i would have transverd when i had the chance. it always seems like teachers are ignoring you to help that one student ya there are a few nice teachers that really help you whenyou need it like mr. shockly, but the main issue is the cliques and drama even outside of school (ie. publice resturaunts). there was resently a bigg problem at barros pizza which is not far from the school where a bunch of 8th graders got in a fight with 2 6th greaad girls and it seemed like the princepal did nothing about is i. would not go here if i were you

pro's- The teachers are amazing and teach well to help the students understand better cons- student environment is not really friendly . of course you manage to find those kind and nice people

Last modified Mountain Sky Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.