School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

To work for a school where students, parents, teachers, and the entire staff work together is truly a blessing. Our school staff has always dedicated themselves to the students. We welcome anyone who is willing to work with us as a TEAM!
December 17, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 17, 2016
With their tutoring program after school most of my sons work was finished by the time he came home.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 17, 2016
My son was behind and after weekly meetings and plans to catch him up, with the sheer determination of my son he went on to the seventh grade after being at a 3rd grade reading level

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 17, 2016
Mr Armenta and Mrs Washington For always making my son feel as if he was a member of the NWEC family. This has made him a very confident young man

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 17, 2016
I can honestly say that the bonds developed here at this school, the children turned in my sons lost items snack money, cell phone, expensive caps that my son misplaced or lost. The kids were able to negotiate with one another with a positive outcome.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 17, 2016
With the ZERO TOLERANCE for bullying, this is the BASE of a foundation that helps children understand the importance of encouraging instead of laughing at one another. I have seen kids stand up for one another instead of everyone laughing at one person.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 17, 2016
Voice their concerns early enough to make a plan helping the children and parent work together to succeed.

Posted January 04, 2015
This school has zero tolerance to bad behavior. It provides a safe learning environment that my son has thrived at since we brought him here. We wish we would have started him here since kindergarten instead of the public school system.

Posted May 23, 2014
I am so grateful to have this school available to my daughter. It has been a wonderful experience with the administration and the teaching staff. The classroom sizes (students) are small enough that all the kids get the attention they need and any issues are resolved quickly. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent looking for a great education in a safe and friendly environment.

New World Educational Center 1

Posted January 06, 2014
The teachers are great but the princables are bad.They called my son a horrable student get better princeables. Also there are alot if drug use and use spirutal stuff in the restroom >:(

Posted August 05, 2013
I LOVE NWEC . I ATTENDED NWEC AS A STUDENT MYSELF YRS AGO NOW MY DAUGHTER ATTENDS , THIS IS GOING ON THE 4TH YR NOW, I WOULD LOVE FOR ALL MY CHILDREN TO ATTEND NWEC . I LOVE THE ONE ON ONE THE TIME THE TEACHERS TAKE WITH THEIR STUDENTS AND THE WARMTH YOU FEEL JUS BEING THERE....

5818 N. 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85014
Last modified New World Educational Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.