Posted August 24, 2014
This is one of the worst schools in the district. This is my 2nd year at North Canyon. Staff is awful and so are the students. All the teachers I have had do not know how to teach their classes. They do not care about anything that happens outside of the classrooms. For example bullying. It's happening all around our campus and none of them do anything to stop it. If they see a fight, they will split it because it's something thats forced for staff. If they had the choice, I'm 99.9% positive they would just walk away. Our students are so rude to one another. I'm sure that this happens at all schools, but staff could do a little better at stopping it. Our sports program is alright. If you're a parent that is reading this, I strongly recommend a different school choice.

Posted August 20, 2014
North Canyon High School is a terrible school and I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. This is my first year here and I already hate it. The staff in the main office is always rude. The staff can never answer any of my questions, plus I have to talk to a million people. And at the end of the day you still have no answers.

Posted June 20, 2014
I was very pleased with this school, initially. But over the years, I have seen changes in teachers, and course materials, and have not been impressed with those changes. NCHS went from a four or five star to below average. If you live in this area and are academically inclined, I would recommend Basis Phoenix or PV's Crest as much better and even safer choices.

North Canyon High School 5

Posted April 04, 2014
my school is a great school and i dont wanna never wanna gradute my teachers are the best i love beth zollars she is my favorite teacher

Posted March 08, 2014
As a substitute teacher I was treated very disrespectfully by the students. Several students had to be removed from the classroom due to disruptive behaviors and choosing to waste classroom learning time. The office sent the rowdy students back to my classroom and told Me to deal with it. The hallways were dangerously noisy between classes and I was afraid to leave the room to see what was happening.

Posted February 23, 2014
This is by far the worst school in Arizona.. They show no appreciation in their students they wouldn't even let them bring flowers or balloons on valentines day now ain't that going a bit too far? And the teachers just don't care to respond to parents or post grades until the last hour before report cards so you never know your actual grade in the course.. Should have went to paradise valley high.

North Canyon High School 5

Posted October 10, 2013
I am really impressed with the faculty. They are the best I've seen in a long time. The school spirit is fantastic. I have noticed that they expect the kids to be responsible for their actions, which a high school student should be. I have seen quite a few overly involved parents that are annoying when on campus but I guess you see that everywhere. I guess like anything else in life, you get what you put into it.

North Canyon High School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
North Canyon is certainly not the best school around...but none of them are! I would home school if I were more confident with what kids are learning these days. My daughter is in her third year here and loves some things and doesn't like some others. She started in the IB program and did quite well but her interests were elsewhere when it came to the restrictive classes she would have to take in IB. She quickly found out that she was bored in a regular classroom so has taken several honors classes instead of IB. I think that some teachers need to gain more authority over the students in their classes and others are really great teachers. I think some students (or the quality of some students) are what brings this school down. Some are there to "just hang out" or to cause trouble, not to learn. Those kinds of attitudes can infect an entire community such as a school.

Posted July 25, 2013
This school lacks the leadership and professionalism to make it an adequate place of learning. Dean of students spreads rumors of how inadequate leadership runs the school. I was not impressed with the academics at this school.

Posted June 24, 2013
I'm sorry. But i attended this school all four years of high school and if you are a parent I HIGHLY suggest choosing another school. Almost all of the teachers I had taught us by turning on a video and sitting at their desk the whole day. A lot of us felt like we were screwed out of an education, there was only a couple good teachers are you are lucky if you get them over the four years.

North Canyon High School
1700 E. Union Hills Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85024
Last modified North Canyon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Canyon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top