Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
Worst school teachers are bad. you will be lucky to get a good one. trust me.

Posted November 02, 2015
North Canyon is a diverse school in terms of both student body and programs offered. At North Canyon a student can participate in the IB Program, AP courses, a technical program, do dual enrollment with a nearby community college, or take a traditional curriculum. The teachers are caring and dedicated, as is the administration. My daughter started in the IB Program, decided it wasn't a good fit for her, and ended up taking a number of AP courses. She had a wonderful experience at North Canyon!

Posted November 02, 2015
Both my children graduated from North Canyon and both are attending in-state universities with full tuition scholarships. We couldn't be more pleased with how North Canyon prepared them for the next step of their journeys. Both started out in the IB program and then switched to AP/Honors and regular classes and we were very pleased with the teachers they had in each type of class. The diverse student body, the high quality of teachers, the variety of extra-curricular opportunities/clubs, and the visibility and involvement of the administration are all things that positively impacted our children's experience at North Canyon. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone and we will always look back at our time there with fond appreciation.

Posted May 17, 2015
We have had a great experience with this school. We have good kids which may have something to do with our experience but overall the teachers have been amazing. The honors and IB programs are unparalleled. The cross country and track teams are also very strong. You get out what you put in.

Posted March 11, 2015
I am a sub in the district. I refuse to take assignments at this campus because the students are out of control. It is evident that faculty and administration have given up trying to enforce rules. Students freely use cell phones and unabashedly text, stream, and image search through the class periods. Cussing is a norm and dress code is practically non-existent. It is so disappointing; this school could be high-achieving if simple classroom management techniques were implemented!

North Canyon High School 2

Posted August 24, 2014
This is one of the worst schools in the district. This is my 2nd year at North Canyon. Staff is awful and so are the students. All the teachers I have had do not know how to teach their classes. They do not care about anything that happens outside of the classrooms. For example bullying. It's happening all around our campus and none of them do anything to stop it. If they see a fight, they will split it because it's something thats forced for staff. If they had the choice, I'm 99.9% positive they would just walk away. Our students are so rude to one another. I'm sure that this happens at all schools, but staff could do a little better at stopping it. Our sports program is alright. If you're a parent that is reading this, I strongly recommend a different school choice.

Posted August 20, 2014
North Canyon High School is a terrible school and I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. This is my first year here and I already hate it. The staff in the main office is always rude. The staff can never answer any of my questions, plus I have to talk to a million people. And at the end of the day you still have no answers.

North Canyon High School 2

Posted June 20, 2014
I was very pleased with this school, initially. But over the years, I have seen changes in teachers, and course materials, and have not been impressed with those changes. NCHS went from a four or five star to below average. If you live in this area and are academically inclined, I would recommend Basis Phoenix or PV's Crest as much better and even safer choices.

Posted April 04, 2014
my school is a great school and i dont wanna never wanna gradute my teachers are the best i love beth zollars she is my favorite teacher

Posted March 08, 2014
As a substitute teacher I was treated very disrespectfully by the students. Several students had to be removed from the classroom due to disruptive behaviors and choosing to waste classroom learning time. The office sent the rowdy students back to my classroom and told Me to deal with it. The hallways were dangerously noisy between classes and I was afraid to leave the room to see what was happening.

North Canyon High School
1700 East Union Hills, Phoenix, AZ  85024
Last modified North Canyon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.