Phoenix, AZ

Posted September 13, 2012
I am in a very unique position to unconditionally recommend Osborn Middle School. After teaching at OMS for ten years, I retired ten years ago. I recently returned for a four week testing program and was truly amazed at the positive changes. The academic program has improved (dramatically) and curriculum is driven by such high quality teachers...I mean I was constantly thrilled to see excellent teaching. The math program includes algebra and geometry classes and remedial math and reading/language levels are advanced using two fully certified teachers in each class to increase comprehension. Positive reinforcements are in place to encourage success academically and the atmosphere outside the classroom,(administrative to custodial) nurtures the students' responsibility. When I left 10 years ago, the cafeteria served tons of over-processed protein and sugar and presently serves wholesome foods and salad choices with four or five fruit options as dessert. I grew new respect and amazement because the school nurture's the whole child AND the kids are happy to be there! Again, I unconditionally recommend Osborn Middle School.... Respectfully, Mary Jane Bissell

Posted October 06, 2011
I am a student here at OMS and I went to Clarendon before. Even earlier I went to a horrible school named Khalsa Montesorri. Any ways, all the 8th graders there are both helpful and nice, if a bit intimidating. I love OMS and I'm glad I found it. Nothing there is bad and the have an excellent program to catch kids who are either trying drugs or other equally horrible things. I am in honors humanities and algebra math and I totally adore OMS. People at other schools tell me awful rumors about OMS but actually the rumors are just that. Rumors! Their band teacher there is wonderful and I play the bassoon in the band. There are two bands. The Symphonic and the Firehawk bands. The Symphonic band has 67 or more kids in the band and it is so much different than schools like Madison Meadows. I hear they really are bad. OMS is wonderful and I hope anybody reading this tries it out!

Posted May 18, 2011
It took me six years to find a school that would support my child's education & I found OMS which has been outstanding. Today, more than 170 kids celebrated their hard work in High School math classes which has opened a great opportunity for them and all thanks to the hard work, support, and efforts from their teachers and school principal. OMS is the best middle school and the only middle school in the Phoenix School district with advance High School math classes. I recommend OMS 100 percent,you will not regret it and your kid will have better opportunity for better education. I met the principal in the school parking lot after work and she took the time to talk to me for an hour. She is a down to earth person and knows all her students. She is always supporting teachers' ideas to better the kids' education. Kids look happy every time I go visit the school and they all respect each other. GO OMS, YOU ROCK......

Posted March 19, 2010

Posted August 18, 2009
I have had 4 children attend OMS and I truly believe they have received a quality education from teachers that are passionate about the success of our children. I truly appreciate how tangible leadership is at OMS and I have a great deal of respect for them.

Osborn Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2009
I am very satisfied with the leadership at OMS, quality of work/dedication of the entire school staff towards students and parents. My son s transition to OMS was carefully managed by experienced academic counselors/teachers. He received the necessary academic evaluations to determine the best academic fit for his capacity and to ensure his overall potential will continue to be challenged for future successes. Teachers observe students so they can meet their immediate academic requests and challenge their potential. Every day, my son has a positive comment to make about the pleasant attitude from the staff. As a parent, I respect very much the hard work being done at OMS, the truthful commitment from teachers to our teenagers success, the professional and caring manner in which OMS is educating our teenagers. OMS teaches the importance and value of education, healthy relations among people, and respect for our school community.

Osborn Middle School 0

Posted January 12, 2009
I am a Registered Nurse of 37 years and have had the opportunity and pleasure of substituting for the School Nurse. The respect, polite and well organized large group of students has been far beyond my wildest dreams. There is no end to: Good Morning, thank you, excuse me, warm smiles, happy faces, opening the door, and , can I help you? The Teachers, and all the administration seem to know all the students by first name and always have kind words for them. Most touching - early in the AM , over the loud speaker, the Principal will announce, 'all stand for the Pledge of Allegiance', every man, woman and even students waiting in the school nurse office will stand with hand over heart and recite with the Principal, The Pledge of Allegiance. If I had grandchildren, Osborn Middle School would certainly be choice. Keep up the good work Osborn Middle School. Arlene Copley,

Posted December 05, 2008
Both my children attended Osborn Middle School, and have gone on to great success in high school and college. They truly appreciate different people from different backgrounds, and are not afraid of others because of their color or language. The teachers and principals here have worked hard to make this a true middle school, designed to meet the needs of 12 anad 13-year old children. It is not simply a mini-high school. Focus is on the individual child and what that child needs to have to succeed. The Honors classes have been expanded over the past 2 years, adding more Algebra and advanced Literacy classes. Don't just read the comments--Any parent looking for a great middle school should visit and sit in classes and talk to teachers and kids about the school. You will be amazed at how caring and highly professional Osborn Middle School people are.

Posted November 17, 2008
I am a library volunteer at Osborn Middle School. I am a retired teacher trainer/university instructor. I have come in contact with numerous middle school teachers and administrators in my career. I have found the OMS principal and vice principal to be two of the most dedicated, passionate administrators I have ever seen. They are deeply committed to ensuring maximum academic and personal growth for all students. Discipline seems fair, consistent and appropriate. The OMS teachers are enthusiatic and work hard to motivate students. They are willing to go the extra mile.They use current methodology, such as cooperative learning and differentiated instruction, to meet the needs of all students. The OMS academic curriculum is closely aligned to state standards. The atmosphere throughout the school is positive, accepting and inclusive. I love this school.

Posted May 29, 2008
OMS would be the best middle school i could ever go to and I hope that kids going into Middle School at OMS would get the best experience ever in their lives. The teachers are caring and challenges students to do their best. My experiences at OMS will always stay with me forever. -Proud to be a Firehawk!

Osborn Middle School
1102 W Highland Street, Phoenix, AZ  85013
(602) 707-2000
Last modified Osborn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Osborn Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top