Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great teachers. My kids came home excited about going back. I know they are ready for high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are highly qualified and truly care about every student. They will give students opportunities to excel.

The staff is fantastic at this school. I am always greeted with a smile. The teachers are phenomenal and really care about the students. They want to work with parents and the community. I highly recommend Palo Verde!

This school is a great place. They might have a little bumps, but every school has that. I think that you get a great education, and it has changed from years ago, when all it had was violence. There is one girl, who is in special needs and I have the opportunity to hang out with her and another friend. I'm glad that they allow us to have the opportunity to dress down if we are good enough, and I think it's because we deserve it. I think we don't have to dress to show our style, it's how we show it with our personality. I think that all of our different personalities make it unique, and clothes, they're what we wear, not what expresses us. We are also given the opportunity, if we have a high enough grade, to either gett a bronze, silver, or gold card, which allows us to have access to the front of the lunch line, and free access to home games, which also is what is deserved. Honestly, this school has helped us, it made my brother's grade go higher, it has helped me strive to reach for higher grades, and try my best.

This is a great school no matter what rumors you hear. Like they say you should never believe everything that's said, it may not all be true.

My daughter attended Palo Verde Middle School for the past two years and graduated today. She is a special needs student and we would like other parents to know what a great experience she had at this school. She was always treated with the utmost respect and was readily accepted by the other students. She was challenged by her school assignments and academically surpassed many expectations. This time in a childs life can be hard due to peer acceptance and we found that Palo Verde made the experience one of the best our daughter has had in school. The staff made us feel welcome from day one and her conferences involved everyone that made up her team. We always felt that they had an open door policy and would address any questions we had. As parents we were nervous about the change to middle school and because of our experience at Palo Verde ,we look forward to high school !

Palo Verde is definitely not the best school but it's decent. Some of the teachers are funny but it's a bit too strict and I really think that people would like the school better if you could wear you're own clothes. It's way better not having to buy a bunch of t-shirts so you won't run out of uniform shirts to wear. And I think wearing your own clothes is kind of way to express you and your personality so people can kind of see you and your style. It's a waste of money to buy those uniform shirts. And I would say that the school is not that good with being nice to each other. As a student, I can see how students treat other students and it's really not that great. Parents, as much as they say, don't know how students treat each other because they don't go to school there so they don't really know. All in all I would say Palo Verde isn't the best. I would totally go to a different school if I could right now.

being a eighth grader at this school really sucks, coming from a middle school that had lockers, and a lot of responsibilty for yourself, palo verde is like a elementary school. the teachers are always telling us that we are almost high schoolers, but we still have to line up outside of classrooms, we still have to walk in lines to lunch, we still have to mimic the teachers clap rhythm. we have a sheet that keeps track of your behavior & if you get a certain amount of good behaviors, the. you get a dress down. the only good thing about this school is that all the students have each other backs, on my first day at this school ( I started late) I was so confused, so I asked the teacher she looks at me like I wasn't speaking English. for my first week a student helped me get the hang of things, without being told. keep your child away from palo verde . the campus is too large to be a middle school and there are way too many kids.

This school has some of the most talented and intelligent students! The teachers help them to find their way in a very difficult time in their lives. The teachers do a great job in communicating with parents when need arises. The classes are designed to help students at the lowest levels and also meets the needs of those who excel in school. The afterschool activities are numerous and there is something for everyone. I highly recommend this learning community to any family!

Boy, I completely agree with the parent that wrote the review on February 6th. My child has been discipllined for infractions, yet I see more volatileand violent infractions being dealt with on a lot more lenient scale. Does my child have to be completely out of control to receive the same treatment as other students? Assignments are not accepted if the teacher is upset with my child even though it was completed. I would pay hefty price just to take my child to a private school and protect him/her from the negative situation. It is too bad this system makes us give at least one star, becasue this school deserves no stars.

Last modified Palo Verde Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.