Palo Verde Middle School 5

Posted May 23, 2014
My daughter attended Palo Verde Middle School for the past two years and graduated today. She is a special needs student and we would like other parents to know what a great experience she had at this school. She was always treated with the utmost respect and was readily accepted by the other students. She was challenged by her school assignments and academically surpassed many expectations. This time in a childs life can be hard due to peer acceptance and we found that Palo Verde made the experience one of the best our daughter has had in school. The staff made us feel welcome from day one and her conferences involved everyone that made up her team. We always felt that they had an open door policy and would address any questions we had. As parents we were nervous about the change to middle school and because of our experience at Palo Verde ,we look forward to high school !

Posted March 12, 2014
Palo Verde is definitely not the best school but it's decent. Some of the teachers are funny but it's a bit too strict and I really think that people would like the school better if you could wear you're own clothes. It's way better not having to buy a bunch of t-shirts so you won't run out of uniform shirts to wear. And I think wearing your own clothes is kind of way to express you and your personality so people can kind of see you and your style. It's a waste of money to buy those uniform shirts. And I would say that the school is not that good with being nice to each other. As a student, I can see how students treat other students and it's really not that great. Parents, as much as they say, don't know how students treat each other because they don't go to school there so they don't really know. All in all I would say Palo Verde isn't the best. I would totally go to a different school if I could right now.

Palo Verde Middle School 2

Posted January 16, 2014
being a eighth grader at this school really sucks, coming from a middle school that had lockers, and a lot of responsibilty for yourself, palo verde is like a elementary school. the teachers are always telling us that we are almost high schoolers, but we still have to line up outside of classrooms, we still have to walk in lines to lunch, we still have to mimic the teachers clap rhythm. we have a sheet that keeps track of your behavior & if you get a certain amount of good behaviors, the. you get a dress down. the only good thing about this school is that all the students have each other backs, on my first day at this school ( I started late) I was so confused, so I asked the teacher she looks at me like I wasn't speaking English. for my first week a student helped me get the hang of things, without being told. keep your child away from palo verde . the campus is too large to be a middle school and there are way too many kids.

Palo Verde Middle School 5

Posted June 24, 2013
This past year was my son's first year at Palo Verde. And I have to say that I am very excited about him going back next year. I was a little apprehensive based on rumors of years past but never heard or seen anything of the like. He got to know his teachers and almost daily without asking we would get a report about what a teachers said or did. So we know the teachers made an impact on him and he wants to learn. They have an anti-bullying system that is very effective. Anyone who has had problems in the past or currently need to get involved. Just offering to help out in the library, in class rooms, with the PTO or any other event does tremendous things for your kids. Your kids will see that this is important to you and they will ultimately strive to do better to make the school better. This will be my sons last year and my daughter will be here the following. It truly is an awesome school and has excellent teachers and amazing kids. Keep up the outstanding work you all are doing...See you next year!

Posted August 06, 2012
This school has some of the most talented and intelligent students! The teachers help them to find their way in a very difficult time in their lives. The teachers do a great job in communicating with parents when need arises. The classes are designed to help students at the lowest levels and also meets the needs of those who excel in school. The afterschool activities are numerous and there is something for everyone. I highly recommend this learning community to any family!

Posted February 06, 2012
.I went to this school and it has changed so very much since I attended. When I enrolled my son the staff was extremely condescending, rude, and disrespectful towards me. My son is scared to go to school most days, because he is not hispanic he is bullied. They do not give us the same paper work they give other students so my son gets failing grades and the teachers doing this refuse to stop doing it. This school is a disgrace to American teaching standards and needs government intervention!

Posted April 19, 2011
This school is the worst school I have ever dealt with. I do not feel like the administration supports the parents. The priorities are not in the interest of the students. I have had nothing but conflicts on this campus, there is no level of accountability at the staff level, and the staff shifts the blame to everyone but themselves.

Posted April 18, 2011
I regret having my children in this school. The prioroties are backwards and the system is a one size fits all for students, which leaves no room for building a proper connection between staff and students. The envoronment is negative, and the students feed off of this. This gives me a different perspective on public schools.

Posted August 24, 2010
Just reminiscing about all of my years in grade school...as well as researching current reviews on all of them. Well I decided to pick PV as the sole school to write a review on. Ten years removed, my honest remembrance of PV is a school with true diversity, quality kids, and a faculty who believed in your children. Trust me, they don't do it for the money. Middle school was my most rewarding grade school experience. I met people who would become lifelong friends, as well as a teacher who inspired and connected with her students. Ms. Janelle Chisholm is on a different level as far as commitment, effectiveness, and grace. Keep plugging away Janelle, you are making a difference!

Posted April 16, 2010
The special programs for children with learning difficulties could set the standard in the area. These teachers and administrators really care.

Palo Verde Middle School
7502 N 39th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Palo Verde Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Verde Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top